CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.7

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only use this at night for exfoliation. It really doesn't keep me matte in the day, I use Chanel's Lotion Purete for that. It really does exfoliate, fits well in my regime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this product! It is easily the best toning product I have ever used. My skin is prone to awful acne break outs and cysts, and this has kept the problem at bay. I do recommend using a moisturiser a longside it (oil free) because it does seem that this product could dry the skin quite easily. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel after I use this product and wow, it goes well. Would definitely urge any one who is desperate for a good product that has acne to try this stuff.

on 4/24/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. When I use it, my skin become a new vision. It cleans my pores well and make them a little bit smaller.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this toner for years. I stopped using this product about six months ago as my dermatologist told me the alcohol in it can damage skin, which can inhibit collagen production as the skin then has to repair itself. I have not used this product since then and I will not be using this product again. I now use the Clinique Mild Clarifyng Lotion and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment as a BHA exfoliant and my skin looks great without Clarifying Lotion #4. I wish I didn't spend money over the years on a product that damaged my skin. I'll give it a 1 for its salicylic acid content, which is good for skin, but you can get that through products that don't damage your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

#3 didn't do much for me, and no drastic improvement with #4. I was expecting to have this be my *it* astringent, but I suppose this product at least meets my minimum requirements--cleanliness, doesn't make me break out.

I wonder if this stuff makes my skin dull. It's hard to tell with my other products. I think I will start using this more often and report back.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this works really well with the dramatically different moisturizing gel. i also tried using it with the liquid facial soap for oily skin, but found that all 3 made my skin way too dry and flakey. so i just use cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser with the toner and moisturizer. besides the fact that for some reason clinique skin care products BURN my face, this is fantastic. my oilyness has decreased significantly, even in 110 degree weather! it's really miraculous. i also like that by toning i can see everything that cleansing left behind.
the amount of product that's in the bottle is also ridiculous! SO much! i'll never finish it! and such a good price!
amazing product, and the burning only lasts a few minutes, but one lippie off.

on 4/9/2008 1:51:00 AM

For winter its a bit too drying, but in the summer it is an absolute must. This really controls oil. Also good for drying up zits. But definatley NOT for dry skin.

I love this stuff. I have very weird skin - it's never been exceptionally oily, but once I hit my 20s I started experiencing chronic breakout clusters on my chin and around my mouth. After about 6 months of skincare trial and error I decided to step up to this, and I have never seen anything like it. I use it with the Acne Solutions antibacterial soap and I can honestly say that I can't recall having a pimple in the 11 months that I've used it. Thing is, you have to be careful with the whole 3-Step system - using even one of the wrong products can seriously mess up your skin. I started out with the Mild soap and the Clarifying Lotion 2, which didn't help matters at all. Then I switched to the Oily Skin soap and the 3 toner, which, for some reason, made my skin worse. Unfortunately, the SAs are not always very helpful...I worked at a Clinique counter for a year, and some of my colleagues would just recommend Skin Type 2 across the board, and wouldn't really listen to the customer's concerns. Bottom line - if you have the right combination of products, your life will be changed. But hold on to your receipts, because you might have to exchange a few things to get there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is terrible to be applying to skin; it has a very strong concentration of alcohol in it that just isn't good for facial skin. It really dried me out and made my face feel tight. This is not a good way to treat oily skin at all.