Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

3.8

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 7/22/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Surprisingly, you would think that Clarifying Lotion 4 would be quite strong, but I find it isn't. That's a good thing! I do not use this twice a day as Clinique and their BA's suggest. Instead, I use it only 2-3 times a week at night. It feels nice and isn't irritating for my skin. I was worried about alcohol content, but I think if you use it sparingly like I do, you won't have a problem. I use it after cleansing only certain nights, and not every night. I follow with a serum and moisturizer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only use this at night for exfoliation. It really doesn't keep me matte in the day, I use Chanel's Lotion Purete for that. It really does exfoliate, fits well in my regime.

on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this toner consistently for 2 months now and love it. It smells lightly of witch hazel but the scent goes away very quickly. I use it with a cotton ball twice after cleansing each night to remove any leftover residue and it leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I believe it helps with my breakouts and oiliness. I love Clinique's minimalist packaging and one bottle lasts months making the price worth it. I plan on repurchasing

I like this toner, but when I use it twice daily, my skin gets a little iritated...perhaps the alcohol in it does that. Overall, I would buy this again. I have used it during winter, maybe that's why i felt it a little harsh on my skin.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

on 4/18/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with blemishes, and this just gets rid of it all!
Agreed, it is a very harsh toner, but for my skin it works miracles. I use it twice a day and it doesn't dry my skin. I never get flaky or red skin when I use this so I would recommend this to people who have a VERY oily skin :)

since I have been using this (5months) I haven't broken out at all, this really did it for me.

EDIT.
I did the last few weeks, I just don't know what it could be from, I now bought the clinique scrub so hopefully that's going to help a bit :)

on 10/12/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I was using La Roche Posay toner for over a year, and noticed no change whatsoever, I don't even know why I kept using it for so long; finally and even though my toner was half empty and thanks to great reviews, and since I was in Macy's, I went to the Clinique store and asked the lady for the product, she tried the #3, I felt a little tingling sensation, and then she tried the #4, I felt nothing at all, and bought it, I'm so impressed with this, I could actually feel my skin cleaner, I wish I had bought this earlier.
I just wish the top part of the container wasn't completely open, I'm scare to drop it (I'm clumsy)

ugh! its hilarious. i wanted to try all natural products and then i skipped toners, and then i just avoided all alcohol and SLS. but since ive been using this toner my pores have SHRUNK. my skin looks fantastic. no breakouts anymore. nada. and whats hilarious is, when the clinique face wash i use dries me out, the friggin ALCOHOL toner actually HELPS. i was in shock. its like the harshest toner clinique has to offer, and smells like pure alcohol, but its just so ... awesome. the only things that would make it better are a flip top or pump, and if it left my face looking matte and not shiny. but who cares about a shine anyway, its not an oil shine, just a ... clean skin shine? nothing a little spf face powder wont fix.

and this controls some OILIES!! might as well try it, but use a moisturizer afterwards! just in case.

on 1/10/2009 8:06:00 AM

I have used it before I looked at ingredients list when shopping so I really haven't been aware that it doesn't use ANYTHING useful for skin health. It's only alcohol, some moisturizing ingredients and colorants.
This product is soooo agressive, I couldn't use it even few times in a row.
Sorry, Clinique, but with so many researches you still wanna harm people's skin?!?!??!

I've used number 3 for several years, but recently moved up to 4. Number 3 was no longer providing enough exfoliation. I use this toner once a day, and it really keeps my oily skin in check. I don't know how much more salicylic acid is in this product, but I can say for certain that it is quite a bit stronger than number 3.