CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin type : Oily
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

4.4

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 5/10/2018 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and bought this product after a review that I read called it “transforming”. I found it be just that. It seemed to leave my skin brighter and smoother than before. It also seemed to help somewhat with breakouts. Like other reviewers, I must mention that I have never used it twice a day. I only have ever used as part of my evening skin care routine.

on 7/22/2016 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Surprisingly, you would think that Clarifying Lotion 4 would be quite strong, but I find it isn't. That's a good thing! I do not use this twice a day as Clinique and their BA's suggest. Instead, I use it only 2-3 times a week at night. It feels nice and isn't irritating for my skin. I was worried about alcohol content, but I think if you use it sparingly like I do, you won't have a problem. I use it after cleansing only certain nights, and not every night. I follow with a serum and moisturizer.

on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this toner consistently for 2 months now and love it. It smells lightly of witch hazel but the scent goes away very quickly. I use it with a cotton ball twice after cleansing each night to remove any leftover residue and it leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I believe it helps with my breakouts and oiliness. I love Clinique's minimalist packaging and one bottle lasts months making the price worth it. I plan on repurchasing

on 4/24/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. When I use it, my skin become a new vision. It cleans my pores well and make them a little bit smaller.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this toner for years. I stopped using this product about six months ago as my dermatologist told me the alcohol in it can damage skin, which can inhibit collagen production as the skin then has to repair itself. I have not used this product since then and I will not be using this product again. I now use the Clinique Mild Clarifyng Lotion and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment as a BHA exfoliant and my skin looks great without Clarifying Lotion #4. I wish I didn't spend money over the years on a product that damaged my skin. I'll give it a 1 for its salicylic acid content, which is good for skin, but you can get that through products that don't damage your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I started using this clarifying lotion and fell in love! This toner makes my oily skin stay matte and shine free. I love how it makes my pores disappear. I just love it. Im also using it with a gentle cleanser and the Clinique DD Moisturizing Lotion. However, I wish this had a pump or something other than just an open hole. Its kind of $$ but i got the giant bottle and im thinking it will last me a long time. I think i found a winner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

#3 didn't do much for me, and no drastic improvement with #4. I was expecting to have this be my *it* astringent, but I suppose this product at least meets my minimum requirements--cleanliness, doesn't make me break out.

I wonder if this stuff makes my skin dull. It's hard to tell with my other products. I think I will start using this more often and report back.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This toner really sweeps up oil in the summertime. I otherwise use #3 during all other seasons. While I still get an occasional breakout, nothing controls oil better than this. And I learned that using a cotton square or round works better than a cotton ball. I only gave it a 2 for the packaging because it can spill. I wish it came with a pump, which the #3 occasionally does.

on 3/11/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never really liked Clinique products as much in the past, but I decided to give this a try since I suffer from really oily skin. This is very strong, but it does an excellent job of cleaning my pores out and keeps me from breaking out. I only put it on my t-zone. Everywhere else would probably peel or get flakey.It also has a strong smell but I can tolerate it. This is perfect for me in the summer when my face gets greasy from the heat. A little goes a long way too. My face is sensitive also, so I use this sparingly. Overall, I do like this a lot and will reserve it for special occasions when I might need it.

on 12/10/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Forget this as a toner! This stuff is more like a mild chemical peel. Seriously. I don't hate this product, but I don't love it nor would I reach for it on a daily basis. Once is enough for me.
This does get rid of clogged pores, but it dries and peels your skin out something fierce. If you have tolerant skin, don't use other actives or retinoids, then you will love this. But if you use other stuff on your skin this will only aggravate it and cause more harm than good. Use with caution.