CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this product! It is easily the best toning product I have ever used. My skin is prone to awful acne break outs and cysts, and this has kept the problem at bay. I do recommend using a moisturiser a longside it (oil free) because it does seem that this product could dry the skin quite easily. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel after I use this product and wow, it goes well. Would definitely urge any one who is desperate for a good product that has acne to try this stuff.

on 3/17/2012 12:35:00 AM

I am a huge Clinique advocate, but this stuff really works! It doesn't dry out, irritate, or burn my skin. It always helps to get off the remaining makeup and residue after washing my face. It leaves my face feeling, clean, fresh, and tingly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This toner is great. It contains salicylic acid in it which helps to heal my acne faster i guess. I don't feel tight or dry when I apply it on my face, probably because I have very oily t zone. However, I really hate the strong alcohol smell. It freaked me out the first time I used it. I also hate the package design. I wish there is a plastic cap with a small hole inside instead of the big hole. It would be easy to not waste the toner.
******UPDATE: So yesterday I went to Mecca Mexica (yay I'm in Australia) to find a new moisturizer (the Clinique DDMG didn't work for me) and had a talk with a staff there and she told me to stop using this Lotion because it's the reason why my skin produces oil so much and she gave me the Anti Blemish Lotion + Clinique Moisture Extended Thirst Relief and the AB Lotion works much better on my skin. So, bye bye Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I originally went in to try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which I am also pleased with) and ended up purchasing the whole 3-step system. I was actually in the market for a new skincare line and the price was much less than I expected, bonus points for that.

This toner is great stuff. I am extremely oily and I was given lotion #3 (oily skin) with my initial purchase, which I was also happy with. When I ran out I decided to try #4 and I definitely see a difference, however subtle. There is a somewhat strong "clean" scent to it, mostly alcohol smelling, but it is not unpleasant or overbearing. No matter how I exfoliate or cleanse beforehand, I always see a little extra debris on the cottonball after I apply this. It's great at getting rid of extra gunk and leaves your face smooth, soft, and shine free. I cleanse, tone, and moisturize with Clinique twice daily and it does not irritate my skin at all, though I have worked up to this over the last 6 months or so.

The price is, in my opinion, very reasonable. I buy the large (13.5 oz) size and it lasts me a good 8-10 months, even with being used twice daily. A small amount goes a long way. I usually tip the bottle twice onto a cotton ball and that's plenty for my whole face. I currently am very happy with this toner and plan to keep repurchasing indefinitely. No complaints here!

on 11/1/2011 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the only Clinique product I use, and I've been using it for years. I have STRAYED and tried other toners, but this is the best on the market.

It leaves my skin feeling CLEAN - no residue. I disagree with users who say it's heavily perfumed.

There's nothing else like it for my HUGE pores and tricky "AGING" skin. I've tried products for "AGING" skin, and I found them useless.

I have loved this product since it came to market. I stopped by here to write this testimonial because I strayed, and I will NEVER stray again.

on 10/14/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this toner! I only stopped using it because Tazorac is irritating my skin. It was great at mattifying and was fresh and light. Only drawback: It is heavily perfumed.

I've been using this product on and off for years, and I keep coming back to it.

I have oily, acne prone skin that isn't very sensative to chemicals. This does not burn my face at all, and leaves no strange film after it evaporates.

It keeps my acne from getting worse by picking up dirt and oil that my cleanser my have missed. Also, it helps polish away a majority of my skin flakes - especially around healing acne. This makes my makeup go on better.

If you have crappy skin like I do, this may be a part of the answer you're looking for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this as part of a 3-step system for super oily skin. I was on my quest for something that would work. This was NOT it. It made my face red and irritated. It seemed to create MORE acne. I gave it to my mom. She didn't love it. I think Clinique needs to lay off the alcohol! Now, I use a toner from Paula's Choice and it is a superior product that I recommend over Clinique.

on 7/7/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

LOVE this product. Please make sure to work up to the four never ever ever just go and buy it. You will wreck your skin. Having that said, after making insane amounts of oil, my skin needs daily and frequent exfoliation. The clarifying lotion is liquid exfoliation and not a toner. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, for my oily skin, and the breakouts will start soon after going up, but after the bad stuff, the good results will start! I love Clinique's 3 step, and feel like the products have helped me with my skin. I do have to change products from time to time, but I always come back to Clinique. It seems to go well with my topical prescription products, which my derm is aware of my skin routine. She thumbs up anything that works for the individual. So just make sure to ask for a consult for their 3 step, and you will be lead to products that are great for acne proned skin ,but makes good skin ...absolutely beautiful

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love what it's done for my skin. It clear 95% of my acne, and temporarily gets rid of oily skin. The only problem is that my skin doesnt stay shine-free ALL day. Besides that, I love it, and have (and will continue to) purchase it again and again, because it's priced so youre able to! There's two sizes, one is $11 and the other is $20. I reccomend to anyone(: