CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.5

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

I give this product a 4 because it's pricey, but it's the best toner I have ever used. I have the most oily skin of anyone I know (I mean, within just a couple hours I'm already getting greasy and sticky). I plan to use this #4 toner year round, because my skin is oily even in winter. I would recommend that only people with VERY oily skin use this #4 product, because #3 would be less harsh and more suitable for people with combination or slightly oily skin. If you aren't truly very oily, this may burn and be irritating. This is the only product that actually does what it says, clearing out any leftovers from cleansers and makeup, and it sweeps away flakes and leaves my skin feeling soft. Using it before bed, I like to use the Dramatically Different moisturizer, otherwise I only put it the gel around my eyes and on my cheeks when I'm going to apply makeup. I love that this product also doesn't leave my skin looking shiny afterwards, as some toners/sstringents leave a sheen behind, or take so much out of your skin that it's shiny afterwards. My skin feels clean and refreshed. I still suffer breakouts, but I don't blame products on my acne in general, I blame my genes and skin condition. It's not completely foolproof, after several hours the shine and grease will eventually poke through, but it takes a lot longer than with other products. This is the only toner that actually keeps my oil under control for a decent amount of time.

on 7/13/2009 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I use this product for my skin that has a tendency to get incredibly oily. This keeps the oil at bay and balances the overall look & feeling of my face. This is their strongest clarifying lotion, so if you're not really oily, use this at your own risk. This may be too intense for you. My face feels refreshed after using this and the dead skin cells & oil that are left on the cotton ball, assure me that my face is indeed clean. This product also lasts a really long time. The large bottle lasted me 11 months!

ugh! its hilarious. i wanted to try all natural products and then i skipped toners, and then i just avoided all alcohol and SLS. but since ive been using this toner my pores have SHRUNK. my skin looks fantastic. no breakouts anymore. nada. and whats hilarious is, when the clinique face wash i use dries me out, the friggin ALCOHOL toner actually HELPS. i was in shock. its like the harshest toner clinique has to offer, and smells like pure alcohol, but its just so ... awesome. the only things that would make it better are a flip top or pump, and if it left my face looking matte and not shiny. but who cares about a shine anyway, its not an oil shine, just a ... clean skin shine? nothing a little spf face powder wont fix.

and this controls some OILIES!! might as well try it, but use a moisturizer afterwards! just in case.

on 1/10/2009 8:06:00 AM

I have used it before I looked at ingredients list when shopping so I really haven't been aware that it doesn't use ANYTHING useful for skin health. It's only alcohol, some moisturizing ingredients and colorants.
This product is soooo agressive, I couldn't use it even few times in a row.
Sorry, Clinique, but with so many researches you still wanna harm people's skin?!?!??!