CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 19-24
CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

Price: $

Price: $

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 4/23/2012 7:45:00 PM

I know supposedly alcohol is terrible for skin, but this astringent is amazing. It makes my skin feel so clean and there is absolutely no residue or sticky feel, like a few of the Neutrogena ones I've tried. I believe this is keeping my skin clearer as well!

I love this stuff. I have very weird skin - it's never been exceptionally oily, but once I hit my 20s I started experiencing chronic breakout clusters on my chin and around my mouth. After about 6 months of skincare trial and error I decided to step up to this, and I have never seen anything like it. I use it with the Acne Solutions antibacterial soap and I can honestly say that I can't recall having a pimple in the 11 months that I've used it. Thing is, you have to be careful with the whole 3-Step system - using even one of the wrong products can seriously mess up your skin. I started out with the Mild soap and the Clarifying Lotion 2, which didn't help matters at all. Then I switched to the Oily Skin soap and the 3 toner, which, for some reason, made my skin worse. Unfortunately, the SAs are not always very helpful...I worked at a Clinique counter for a year, and some of my colleagues would just recommend Skin Type 2 across the board, and wouldn't really listen to the customer's concerns. Bottom line - if you have the right combination of products, your life will be changed. But hold on to your receipts, because you might have to exchange a few things to get there.