Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by skin type : Other
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

3.8

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 4/23/2012 7:45:00 PM

I know supposedly alcohol is terrible for skin, but this astringent is amazing. It makes my skin feel so clean and there is absolutely no residue or sticky feel, like a few of the Neutrogena ones I've tried. I believe this is keeping my skin clearer as well!

I love this stuff. I have very weird skin - it's never been exceptionally oily, but once I hit my 20s I started experiencing chronic breakout clusters on my chin and around my mouth. After about 6 months of skincare trial and error I decided to step up to this, and I have never seen anything like it. I use it with the Acne Solutions antibacterial soap and I can honestly say that I can't recall having a pimple in the 11 months that I've used it. Thing is, you have to be careful with the whole 3-Step system - using even one of the wrong products can seriously mess up your skin. I started out with the Mild soap and the Clarifying Lotion 2, which didn't help matters at all. Then I switched to the Oily Skin soap and the 3 toner, which, for some reason, made my skin worse. Unfortunately, the SAs are not always very helpful...I worked at a Clinique counter for a year, and some of my colleagues would just recommend Skin Type 2 across the board, and wouldn't really listen to the customer's concerns. Bottom line - if you have the right combination of products, your life will be changed. But hold on to your receipts, because you might have to exchange a few things to get there.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this once, back when I didn't know any better. Wow-I must have been insane. This is the absolute worst. I can't believe this is even meant for living, breathing skin. It looks, smells, and feels more like an industrial strength household cleaner!! Stay far, far away from this one. If you happen to find this in your house, you can use it as Windex (albeit a bit pricey for Windex) to clean those windows and get all the grime off your glass countertops!

on 12/16/2002 7:57:00 PM

Good product for extra oily skin. I tend to use this only on my T-zone or else I get the burning/tingling feeling. Great for really oily skin though! You get a lot of product for $16, I'm never gonna finish the bottle!