CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

on 12/16/2002 7:57:00 PM

Good product for extra oily skin. I tend to use this only on my T-zone or else I get the burning/tingling feeling. Great for really oily skin though! You get a lot of product for $16, I'm never gonna finish the bottle!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this once, back when I didn't know any better. Wow-I must have been insane. This is the absolute worst. I can't believe this is even meant for living, breathing skin. It looks, smells, and feels more like an industrial strength household cleaner!! Stay far, far away from this one. If you happen to find this in your house, you can use it as Windex (albeit a bit pricey for Windex) to clean those windows and get all the grime off your glass countertops!

on 4/27/2004 5:10:00 AM

I love it ! I have very oily skin and this is the first toner that really feels good . I also like the tingling , I like to feel that the product is doing something .

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great toner for very oily skin. I probably wouldn't recommend this for anyone whose skin doesn't turn into an oilslick within a couple of hours of washing because this toner is very drying.

on 2/16/2005 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and LOVE this product! Along w/ the 3 step program, it is the best thing I have ever done for my skin!!!!!

on 4/17/2005 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

first thing this is the best toner for oily skin and those who said it's too drying is because you didn't apply it properly first buy 100%cotton balls a dampen the cotton ball and sweep one line all over the face it really made my skin glows like a diamond

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is terrible to be applying to skin; it has a very strong concentration of alcohol in it that just isn't good for facial skin. It really dried me out and made my face feel tight. This is not a good way to treat oily skin at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used the Clinique 3-step skin care system for about 10 years (maybe more?) and last spring, my (former) Clinique Consultant told me that for my excessively oily skin, I should try the Clarifying Lotion #4. I went through about 35-40% of the bottle, and I noticed absolutely no difference when it came to the levels of oil on my skin or in the size of my pores. I think the #4 is the same as the #3, just a different shade of color. My skin actually looked duller than normal during the several month time period that I used this product. It's a fairly unimpressive "toner" and it doesn't do what claims to do for oily skin. I'd rather use witch hazel ($1.00 at the drug store!) and use a more expensive oil-control moisturizer instead.

on 10/4/2005 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

As part of the 3-step, this has been the best for clearing up my face. I agree with other reviewers that you need to have seriously oily skin for this to do anything good for your face. Not fond of the smell, but I'll sacrifice a nice fragrance (which doesn't agree with my allergies anyway) for clear skin. It also has a nice tingle to it that leaves my skin feeling refreshed.

on 2/8/2006 6:21:00 AM

I got this as a gift and it was the worst toner I've ever used - extremely drying. It nearly stripped my skin, I could only use it for a few times.