Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

Filtered by age: 19-24
Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4

3.9

2011 Reformulaton: Water, Alcohol Denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA-Copper, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Green 5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I only use this at night for exfoliation. It really doesn't keep me matte in the day, I use Chanel's Lotion Purete for that. It really does exfoliate, fits well in my regime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this product! It is easily the best toning product I have ever used. My skin is prone to awful acne break outs and cysts, and this has kept the problem at bay. I do recommend using a moisturiser a longside it (oil free) because it does seem that this product could dry the skin quite easily. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel after I use this product and wow, it goes well. Would definitely urge any one who is desperate for a good product that has acne to try this stuff.

on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this toner consistently for 2 months now and love it. It smells lightly of witch hazel but the scent goes away very quickly. I use it with a cotton ball twice after cleansing each night to remove any leftover residue and it leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. I believe it helps with my breakouts and oiliness. I love Clinique's minimalist packaging and one bottle lasts months making the price worth it. I plan on repurchasing

on 4/24/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. When I use it, my skin become a new vision. It cleans my pores well and make them a little bit smaller.

on 4/23/2012 7:45:00 PM

I know supposedly alcohol is terrible for skin, but this astringent is amazing. It makes my skin feel so clean and there is absolutely no residue or sticky feel, like a few of the Neutrogena ones I've tried. I believe this is keeping my skin clearer as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I used this toner for years. I stopped using this product about six months ago as my dermatologist told me the alcohol in it can damage skin, which can inhibit collagen production as the skin then has to repair itself. I have not used this product since then and I will not be using this product again. I now use the Clinique Mild Clarifyng Lotion and Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment as a BHA exfoliant and my skin looks great without Clarifying Lotion #4. I wish I didn't spend money over the years on a product that damaged my skin. I'll give it a 1 for its salicylic acid content, which is good for skin, but you can get that through products that don't damage your skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This toner is great. It contains salicylic acid in it which helps to heal my acne faster i guess. I don't feel tight or dry when I apply it on my face, probably because I have very oily t zone. However, I really hate the strong alcohol smell. It freaked me out the first time I used it. I also hate the package design. I wish there is a plastic cap with a small hole inside instead of the big hole. It would be easy to not waste the toner.
******UPDATE: So yesterday I went to Mecca Mexica (yay I'm in Australia) to find a new moisturizer (the Clinique DDMG didn't work for me) and had a talk with a staff there and she told me to stop using this Lotion because it's the reason why my skin produces oil so much and she gave me the Anti Blemish Lotion + Clinique Moisture Extended Thirst Relief and the AB Lotion works much better on my skin. So, bye bye Clinique Clarifying Lotion #4.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

#3 didn't do much for me, and no drastic improvement with #4. I was expecting to have this be my *it* astringent, but I suppose this product at least meets my minimum requirements--cleanliness, doesn't make me break out.

I wonder if this stuff makes my skin dull. It's hard to tell with my other products. I think I will start using this more often and report back.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I originally went in to try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which I am also pleased with) and ended up purchasing the whole 3-step system. I was actually in the market for a new skincare line and the price was much less than I expected, bonus points for that.

This toner is great stuff. I am extremely oily and I was given lotion #3 (oily skin) with my initial purchase, which I was also happy with. When I ran out I decided to try #4 and I definitely see a difference, however subtle. There is a somewhat strong "clean" scent to it, mostly alcohol smelling, but it is not unpleasant or overbearing. No matter how I exfoliate or cleanse beforehand, I always see a little extra debris on the cottonball after I apply this. It's great at getting rid of extra gunk and leaves your face smooth, soft, and shine free. I cleanse, tone, and moisturize with Clinique twice daily and it does not irritate my skin at all, though I have worked up to this over the last 6 months or so.

The price is, in my opinion, very reasonable. I buy the large (13.5 oz) size and it lasts me a good 8-10 months, even with being used twice daily. A small amount goes a long way. I usually tip the bottle twice onto a cotton ball and that's plenty for my whole face. I currently am very happy with this toner and plan to keep repurchasing indefinitely. No complaints here!

on 5/16/2011 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this product! My skin is VERY oily and acne prone, and this is the only toner that works for me. It doesn't leave any residue behind, like most toners (ex: ProActiv ew). Leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed. I usually use this in the morning with a cotton pad and use it all over my face and neck. When using this product I can usually skip washing my face in the morning and just use this toner to refresh my face. It has significantly kept my acne under control, and everyone in my family including my boyfriend notice a difference in my face....it makes your skin so radiant! I would deffinately reccomend it for anyone who has very oily acne prone skin, a must-have holy grail!!