Maybelline Color Drama

Maybelline Color Drama

4.6

630 Nude Perfection: Ricinus communis oil/ Caster seed oil, glyceryl ricinoleate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla cera/ candelilla wax, cera alba/ beeswax, myristyl myristate, copernicia cerifera cera/ carnauba wax, cetyl alcohol, myristyl lactate, parfum/fragrance, tocopherol, benzyl alcohol, talc, butyrospermum parkii butter/ shea butter, ascorbyl palmitate [ /- May contain: CI 77891/ titanium dioxide, mica, CI 15850/ red 7, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/ iron oxides, CI 15985/ yellow 6 lake, CI 15850/ red 6, CI 19140/ yellow 5 lake, CI 45410/ red 28 lake, CI 42090/ blue 1 lake, CI 75470/ carmine]

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Light It Up (the bright classic red) and Nude Perfection (the beige-ish nude). Got them both while they were half price, so they ended up costing me only $5 AUD each, and for drugstore products these are positively phenomenal.

They're not at all drying - they're very creamy, and very, very pigmented. The first time I swiped it on, I was impressed by how pigmented it was; definitely worthy of the name Color Drama! It also has a mild sweet/fruity scent that I'm quite fond of. The color DOES transfer (if you drink anything you'll find a pretty strong ring of color on the rim of your cup) but it will surprisingly remain pretty "sturdy" and constant on your lips - the color will last and not fade even if it does transfer to other surfaces.

You do have to sharpen it (it's one of those fairly large-sized pencils so you need a matching-sized sharpener to suit), which can be a bit of a hassle, but I don't really mind the extra trouble. I've been buying higher-end products these days and don't really buy a lot of drugstore brands anymore, but I would absolutely buy this again if I ran out, although I'm certain I don't have to worry about that for a while since one pencil does last for a decent amount of time!

on 2/19/2017 10:03:00 AM

The color is nice, I have the 630, but it kinda dries out my lips and wont stay in, but for the price and the colors, it's a go! 😊

on 2/13/2017 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is incredible value for money. I needed a classic red lipstick for an event I was attending and pondered over multiple high end options like Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red and Mac Russian Red. Unfortunately neither of these were available locally and I didn't have time to order online so I picked this up in my local pharmacy on a whim in the shade Red Essential. This is one of very few makeup products available in New Zealand that is under $10, but I would happily pay more for this. The pencil style made it easy to apply, the formula was pigmented, had a lovely finish and lasted the whole night. Definitely don't feel the need to spend over 4x the price on my higher end options anymore, this is the only red I'll ever need. Excited to try out more colours, definitely recommend!

on 1/6/2017 2:25:00 PM

I adore this lipstick.the color is so rich and stays on ly lips for a couple of hours without re applying it.the only con is that it is like a pencil so you have to have the appropriate sharpener

on 8/31/2016 11:52:00 AM

I love this product! Was worried it would dry my lips out but not at all, they are creamy, moisturising, very soft, comfortable to wear and overall lovely. I have four shades and I love them all.
Managed to get Nude Perfection, which is a lovely soft nude color, no glitter, shimmer, just creamy goodness. A little too dark for pale skin, but I pair it with a nude gloss or with Minimalist and it's perfect.
Minimalist is a beautiful nude pink beautiful on my pale skin and not at all pigmented lips. But it has microglitter, which I personally dislike and prefer it would be without. So it's a metallc shade. But if you powder on top, it could look matte and lovely.
Love My Pink is a beautiful colorful cool pink which fits most pale and cool skin tones, does not accentuate any redness and is a wonderful spring-summer shade. Creamy and smooth.
Light is Up is a lovely true blue-based red, which most would get away with. It's not berry or orange, just red. Very classic and classy. I have a problem with applying this one since here you would most definitely need a lip liner.
The problem with the packaging is the lack of a shrpener included. You need to have a large pencil sharpener to keep there lipsticks perfect at all times. I have mine from NYX - it's dual for both small and large pencils and it works great with these lipsticks.
I would definitely consider repurchasing or getting more cool tones, maybe a berry stain for the autumn because these are worth every penny.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the color nude perfection, which is a brownish nude. When I think of lip pencils I think of a dryer formula, however this is not dry at all! This product is extremely creamy and pigmented! The wearing time is around 3 hours on me. I'd wish that there would be more lighter colors.

Really good for a drugstore product. I wish there was a variety of shades though, i feel like i can't wear some shades because it won't look great with my skin tone (olive?). The formula is great and long lasting!

on 5/2/2016 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought these on a whim when they were on sale for $4(AUD). I am so impressed with the pigmentation, creaminess and ease of application. You will need a large sharpener, but otherwise these are great! I'm going to get some more colors tomorrow.

on 5/2/2016 3:06:00 AM

Bought this in pink very much i think.it was 6 e so who cares? And amzingly it s a very good hydrating stable ls.very pigmented.feels very good on the lips.the shade is veru dark for me so it s not for everyday.didn t expect a 6 e ls to be this great.i m considering buying a nude one for everyday.

on 4/17/2016 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the nude/beige shade called 630 nude perfection.

It is so easy to apply, glides on with minimal pressure. Great alone as lipstick. If you use it as lip liner, blot very well to avoid your next layer of color sliding off. Affordable price. I like the small size because I don't wear makeup often. For these reasons I give it 4 stars.

However, I wish there were more beige shades, since they only have one which turned out to be too pale for my skin tone. All the other shades are pink/red based and don't interest me right now. (For reference I am an NC37 in mac foundations.) If they expanded the range I would consider this a staple in my makeup bag.

The pencil form (needs sharpening) is a slight turn off but bearable. Beware it also has a strong waxy smell, if that sort of thing bothers you.