L'Oreal Color Riche 116 Creamy Angora

No Image

1.0

1 review

on 11/19/2014 7:42:00 AM

I purchased this discounted as part of a pack of 4 L'Oreal Nudes Nail polishes.

The colour is a creamy pinky nude quite light on the nails, its a nice pale nude colour. No complaints about the colour.

The Color Riche's come in cute small bottles - 5ml. Which is great, you have a chance of using the entire bottle up and then you can buy other colours rather than having a 15ml bottle that lasts for years and years until you throw half of it away unused.

The price. They sell for AUD$6.95 - I thought Essie and OPI were expensive at nearly $20 for 15ml, but when I do the math the L'Oreal's may appear cheap but they are far more expensive than Essie or OPI.

Then there is the formula.

I have given this polish more than a fair run. I have used the entire bottle - I've worn it more than half a dozen times.

It is not opaque in one coat.

You apply more than one coat and it takes forever to dry. I mean - I do my nails, I watch some tv, I give it 45mins to a few hours to dry, I go to bed and I still wake up with sheet marks all over my nails.

I tried using base coats and top coats - this polish reacted badly to all base coats and top coats. It bubbled, it moved, it got rough and the finish was awful with a topcoat or base coat.

but on a bare nail - again, not a great formula, it marked, it moved, it showed every dent on the first day of wear.

Love the colour, loathe the formula. I tried, I tried very hard, and the formula let me down every time. And it isn't that its an odd bottle - because I purchased this as a pack of 4, then I purchased a couple of other L'Oreal Color Riche's in the discounted bin for $1 each - and the majority of them have had the same formula problems. which is a shame, as the colours are beautiful, but the formulas are just horrid and no where near as good as cheaper brands. I will not be repurchasing.

Popular Polishes