So Susan Universal Blush

So Susan Universal Blush

4.5

on 5/27/2018 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a cosmetic subscription box, but I don't recall which one it was. I have had this for quite some time and took it on vacation with me as I usually do with trial sizes and samples and discovered this was a fantastic blush! I am in love with this beautiful natural shade. It says it is "a micronized jet-milled blush that works with your skin's natural chemistry to create a universal healthy flush that is flattering on all skintones". I was skeptical but I agree. I have fair skin and a lot of blushes are too dark and appear harsh on my pale coloring, but this one is a perfect color. It looks darker in the pan than it appears on the skin. This looks like a light rose with some illuminating shimmer in it in the pan. It goes on beautifully and blends right in. This has that cheap plastic drugstore packaging as far as the little snap shut case it comes in. There is no mirror. It has a transparent hinged top lid and is in a metal pan set down into the plastic case bottom. I think it could be removed for placement in a Z Palette if you wanted. I really love this blush. I haven't seen this in stores, but I also have not looked so it may be available at Ulta or another cosmetics retailer like that. This is available online for $28 at https://www.sosusan.com/collections/cheeks. I am planning on ordering a replacement when I hit pan on this, and I will. I have been using it almost every day since I "discovered" it back in early April. Now 7 weeks later, I am here to write up my glowing review. I love this blush. It's perfect for my lifestyle and needs.

on 11/19/2014 2:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

price: so i got this free in a subscription box, but it's between $23-28 on the website. i find that quite pricey for blush, personally, and wouldn't pay this much EVER. your mileage (and money) may vary here. i know some people wouldn't bat an eye in paying this much for a blush they liked.

packaging: the packaging is crap. the box it comes in is adorable, but the packaging is like the cheapest wet n' wild eyeshadow type plastic. i'm certain i will break this stuff eventually. either the hinges will break, the top will break, or the blush inside will break. i'm butterfingers. it will happen.

onto the product itself. it's a powder blush, which is cool to me! i find my cream blushes just slide off my face if i have foundation on, too (or mess up my foundation.) it claims to be one of those blushes that adapts to your skintone to give you a nice glow or whatever. i put this on before going out without realizing this. NORMALLY, this would be a disaster. i have learned to stay away from cosmetics that claim to "adapt to your skintone via chemistry" through bad experience. it also claims to be infused with buriti fruit oil to improve elasticity and repair the epidermis. whatever oil they can pack into a powder product is beyond me. this seems like pure marketing. it probably does nothing for your skin in such a small quantity.

HOWEVER, this turned out fantastic on me. my cheeks looked BEAAUUUTIFUL in a quite natural way. i mean, it was like, "did you wear blush? or are your cheeks just naturally plump and full of color?" dare i say, i had a really "sexy" flush which i wasn't expecting. will wear this to death. it also seems pretty foolproof in application. builds easily and doesn't get all splotchy. very fine powder.

this product does NOT contain the dye "red 27", which is the main culprit in products such as smashbox "o glow", so i kind of think the "adapts to your skintone" claim is bull. that said, it seems like a relatively natural formula.

it looks like a really similar version of nars orgasm in the pan and on my skin. nars orgasm is damned near universal, it seems, and i guess this could be, too. it has a slight shimmer to it which is easily buildable. i'm REALLY fond of this stuff since i got it for free. if you get this via one of those boxes, you probably don't want to buy NARS orgasm, too, because they're basically the same! plus, if you're paying over $20 anyhow, just get the NARS!

Popular Blush Products