e.l.f. Mineral Pressed Foundation

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/5/2017 2:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just cheap. Compact broke after a week. I used powder up in a very short time and it was breaking up at the end too. I love many ELF products but got no joy out of this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination-to-oily, sensitive, acne prone. I do use Epiduo on my face, that is quite drying to my skin. I normally wear pressed powders or mineral foundations and concealer for coverage, and I only wear liquid or cream foundation for special occasions. I do use a primer underneath this foundation, because I like for my makeup to really last on my face and look freshly done for as long as posible. This foundation has absolutely no smell to it, it has a silky texture, and provides sheer-medium, buildable coverage. And, after I have applied all of my makeup, I do use a setting spray over it.

This product retails for $8, which is a bit pricey for an E.L.F. product, however, I have never had to pay full price for it because E.L.F. is always having sales on their website. I would honestly recommend this product to individuals that doesn't need heavy coverage, and even though it has mineral in it, any skintype can use it, just as long as you use a good primer and/or setting spray in conjunction with it.

In M.AC.'s Studio Fix Foundation, I actually wear NW30, and I wear the shade Warm, when it comes to E.L.F.'s loose and pressed mineral foundations.

on 11/16/2014 3:59:00 PM

I really really like this product. I have only been using it for a few days but so far it's been impressing me since I was expecting a really horrible product that I would have to throw out due to the price I paid. I always wait for a 50% off sale to buy things on the ELF website since there are quite a few products I like to buy in bulk as they are staples in my everyday makeup collection/look. I have been religiously using MAC MSF natural in Medium for years now but hate the cost. For the past 6 months or so I have been trying to find a dupe of it or something that works similarly for a lesser cost. The L'oreal true match mineral was my first purchase and it was nice but it was too matte, caked up easily and would look bad after a few hours of mixing with the oils on my face throughout the day. The Physicians Formula mineral wear pressed powder was the closest thing I could find to the MAC MSF but it would also cake up if I applied it with a heavier hand (something that MAC wouldn't do) and it was also very drying for my skin. This ELF Mineral Pressed Powder has a beautiful finish that isn't too matte but not shiney, and it doesn't cake as much as the Physicians Formula one. The coverage is similar to that of MAC and the wear time is also similar. Considering I only paid $4 for this powder I am really satisfied with my purchase and if my skin continues to like this powder I will continue buying it! I have really sensitive skin so I have to be really careful about the products I put on my face.