Boots Simply Sensitive Eye Make-Up Remover

Boots  Simply Sensitive Eye Make-Up Remover

2.5

on 3/23/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

While I like the creamy/milky formulation and that it removed my eye makeup very well, it stung my eyes and still felt a little greasy after I wiped off and washed my face.

on 11/16/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is clearly Boots' version of 'Simple' - a range aimed at people who have sensitive skin and are looking to use products that aren't going to aggravate it. And as I've used Simple's eye make-up remover in the past (with less than positive results) I thought it would be worth trying this to see how it compares.

First off, this definitely doesn't have a problem removing very basic make-up. The kind I wear for work - simple brown shadow and a flick of mascara - was easily swiped away with a couple of cotton pads soaked in this stuff. But anything heavier than that and this stuff starts to falter. It does remove it... eventually. But it takes a good 4-5 cotton pads before it's all gone and by that time my eyelids were definitely feeling it.

On a good note, unlike the Simple version which left my eyes stinging and watering like mad, this was very gentle. I'm certain I got this in my eye a couple of times and yet I never had any adverse reactions. On another positive note, there's no fragrance, no colour, it's hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested and it's got aloe vera in it, so it's definitely geared up for the more sensitive among us.

The price for this is another good selling point - 1.39 for a 125ml bottle - which is always going to be appealing for anyone working to a budget. And Boots usually have this as part of a 3-for-2 offer, meaning you could stock up if you wanted to.