Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara

Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara

3.9

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide].

on 9/20/2018 8:31:00 AM

I found this mascara to do absolutely nothing but frustrate me. I still can’t decide if it’s the wand or the formula or both, but nothing seems to do anything. The wand is very very light weight which I felt had 0 affect on lashes- I could barely feel the brush on my lashes. And the mascara seems to need 6-10 coats to barely show up! I see no pigment, no curve, no length or anything to my lashes. It’s like using pretend makeup. Sorry for such a bad review, but this is my experience with this and drugstore or not, I don’t like throwing money out.

on 8/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I could not get this to work for me and ended up tossing. It left me with clumpy and spidery lashes, instead of the "full fan effect" shown in the advertisements. I will not repurchase.

Pros:
- Cheap, easy to find

Cons:
- I dislike the brush. From the advertisements, I knew this was a plastic type brush instead of a traditional mascara brush.However, the bristles are much shorter than the marketing shows. Because of this, the bristles don't separate or coat your lashes well. Also, too much mascara comes out on the wand.
- I have long lashes, however I need curl, volume and separation. It didn't add volume and left me with clumpy, spidery lashes.
- This is a wet formula. This is a preference, but I prefer a more dry formula. Dry formulas are easier to work with for me and my lashes tend to look better. I let it dry out a bit and tried to use it a month later, but it was still too wet for me.

on 8/1/2018 5:05:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara, it’s a good dupe for the roller lash dare I say better, I ran out the other day and Asda is doing a rollback so it’s £5 for the time being, I’m going to stock up good because I’m not fond of how overpriced maybelline is for the amount of bad products they have.

on 7/10/2018 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty good mascara. Gives me some length and volume, holds a curl better than MANY other mascaras and doesn't flake or smudge. Clumped just a touch but I do wish it gave my lashes a bit more oomf. Would repurchase as this is probably one of the best mascaras I have for holding a curl.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It’s amazing, really gives my eyelashes volume

on 7/5/2018 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Excellent mascara. Wears all day, doesn't flake and makes my eyelashes look great. The only minor drawback is that it doesn't really hold a curl too well.

on 6/28/2018 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have blonde, fine, fair lashes that need mascara. This is my new favourite along with my old favourite Max Factor Masterpiece Max. It's not wet and sloppy and doesn't clump my lashes like so many others. Have repurchased. I got it for £8.99 in the UK at Savers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My holy grail mascara. I've repurchased over 5 times and will continue to.
Lash Sensational lengthens and gives volume to my lashes beautifully. It has a creamy formula, not too runny and not too dry. It does not flake, smudge or irritate my eyes (I wear contacts daily). This can be layered on but note that after 3 coats it will start to clump your lashes together so I usually don't push it past that. The only thing I will mention is that it isn't the greatest at separation, but it's nothing a run through with a clean mascara wand can't fix.

Ok... this was a f*cking disappointment lmao.

I needed a new mascara and decided not to buy the same old Maybelline The Falsies I had been using for years and was getting sick of. The Lash Sensational mascara came to my mind, as it seems to be pretty raved about, and Maybelline is a very easy brand for me to have access to in my country. Even though I was a little iffy about the plastic bristles, I decided to trust the reviews and get it.

So here's what I think about it:

- The plastic bristles actually look much longer in the advertisement photos, like they're going to get right in between all of your lashes and coat them easily. In person, I found the bristles to be much shorter and stubby, so in reality, it doesn't coat your lashes individualy, it just... paints over them.

- The formula is way, WAY too liquidy and runny. That's such a problem because 1) it takes a while to dry down completely, so it feels uncomfortable to wait, since I always feel like if I blink it's just gonna transfer all over my face, and 2) you can't really layer the product otherwise it gets goopy and clumps all your lashes together. As a result, this product doesn't allow you to get ANY volume whatsoever, which, combined with the wand issue, results in a layer of wet black paint on your lashes, instead of that thick look that I aim for.

- I already mentioned this doesn't provide and volume and separation. It also doesn't provide any lengthening. I have pretty long lashes to begin with, and I always curl them before hand, but they just look sad when I apply this. If it did provide lenghtening and some separation, I would be happy to use this mascara for more of a natural look, but no.

As an observation, I have tried using the wand in all sorts of way: the longer side first, the shorter side first, only one of the sides, alternating between sides... and many other combinations. Nothing seems to be making a significant difference so far.

Overall, the effect this mascara provides me is the same as painting my lashes with a crappy black liquid liner, I guess.

As a last resource, because I don't like wasting product, I will leave the bottle open for a few days and see if it performs better when it thickens, and I'll be sure to update this post once that happens.

this mascara has all day staying power...I just wish the wand is better........