Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette

Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very nice cheek palette, and I got it as a gift, so it has some sentimental value too. Unlike a lot of other makeup products that I hold on to for sentimental reasons, this one actually has wonderful, high-quality product inside. I really like all of the shades of blush on their own and I find them to be very flattering on my pale skin. I also like to mix the pink (Luminous Flush) and the peach (Incandescent Electra) for a pinky coral that is also really gorgeous. All of the blushes have a subtle glow to them that looks amazing on the skin. Mood Exposure might be the standout though, even if it looks pretty boring in swatches and in the pan. It is a beautiful natural flush when buffed into the skin, like a MLBB but for your cheeks (MCBB?) All in all this is a very, very good blush palette that I am super glad to have in my stash.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the blusher trio gift set and I am in love! I didn't think the plum shade would look good on my super fair neutral skin... But it really ended up being my favorite! I love all the colors except I feel the electric coral shade is fairly light and more of a highlight than a blush... Sometimes I just swish my brush though all shades. I just love this pallet and the blushers. 5stars! Will repurchase individuals when I run out!

on 1/17/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette is a limited edition palette containing three Hourglass blushes. Two of these blushes are part of their previous permanent collection and one is a brand new shade. This palette came out in October 2014 and constantly sold out online on Sephora. The three shades you will find in this palette (from left to right) are Luminous Flush (a champagne rose blush infused with Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light), Incandescent Electra, (a peach blush infused with Ambient Lighting Powder in Incandescent Light) and Mood Exposure (a plum blush infused with Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light).

The blushes come in a small gold like case. The blushes are much smaller then their normal single size blushes. So don't except three large blushes in this palette or you will be disappointed when comparing them to their normal size. The casing is very beautiful, but its prone to smudging with fingerprints. And if dropped, I can truly see these blushes breaking which has been noted by a lot of users who have had this misfortune happen to them. I would not recommend this palette for traveling purposes due to this reason. Hourglass has also noted at the back of the palette the word "fragile". So handle with care.

All three blushes are amazing for application and blending. They are highly pigmented and a little truly does go a long way. If you dip your brush to hard into these blushes or pick up way to much powder, you will notice it with one swipe on your face. It will give you clown like makeup if you are to heavy handed. However, if you apply lightly, you will get the most beautiful blush application on your cheeks. Due to it being infused with their Ambient Lighting Powder, it helps to not make pores look enlarged, does not leave behind a shiny or oily finish and truly works to give you a beautiful flush glow. You can get at least 8-9 hours of wear with these blushes and probably more if worn with face primer. I found that each blush is very appropriate to wear for either day or night. These blushes had very little to no fallout and applied very smoothly and blended well on the skin.

I was concerned that Incandescent Electra (the middle shade) would appear to peachy on my skin. However I noticed this was not the case at all. It appeared more of a coral color that wasn't to over the top and with the Ambient Lighting Powder infused it just looked marvelous. Luminous Flush (the left shade) was a beautiful champagne rose color that looked very natural on the skin. Mood Exposure (the right shade) was a very plumy color that if applied to heavily can look to dark on lighter skin. However it leaves you such a nice plumy glow that blended beautifully with my bronzer when applied lightly. So go easy with this color. These colors are very versatile and can work with just about any skin tone.

Nonetheless, I will say this. No two blush palettes are alike. Even the website states this as well. Moreover since these blushes are infused with Ambient lighting powder, you will end up getting a different mixture of color in each blush palette. As you can see from the two pictures above, some have more Ambient Lighting Powder then blush, while others have more blush then the lighting palette. I would advise you buy these in person and take a look at the palette before heading to the purchase counter. I have heard some reviews of people who were disappointed because the blushes did not apply correctly due it being more lighting powder then blush color. I took a chance and bought mine online. However it was risky based on warnings of many.

Besides this small draw back, I would for sure recommend this palette if you are looking to try out new blushes but don't want a draw full of them. They are pricey but truly some of the most beautiful blushes I have ever tried!

on 4/20/2015 4:01:00 PM

For the trio, the price is not too bad. I am ultimately, absolutely, madly in love with the middle shade! I can't rave enough about it! It is the perfect powder to set my concealer and give a glow to my undereye area like no other....Radiant i use as a bronzer because i'm light and I absolutely love that one too, it gives a nice glow to the skin not because of the shimmer but because of the undertone.
Of all the hourglass powders, this is the one palette you need.

on 2/17/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am ambivalent about this product. I have a full size mood exposure, which I use and like. However I have found that what I like about this product is more the texture and application than the particular colors. I can't think of another product I've tried that I've felt this way about. I would have liked this palette much more had there been a better variety of shades...perhaps a neutral rose brown that would impart more of a healthy glow would have suited me better. The middle, coral shade may look better in summer. We'll see. I so wanted to love this because the texture and glow is wonderful. These particular colors not so much.

on 4/18/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I had made a resolution for 2015 not to buy any new makeup (other refills) until I stumbled across the limited edition Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette on a blog and all reason give way to an overwhelming sense of "soooo pweeeety!!!"

Although the palette was on wider release as a limited edition, it is still available on the Hourglass Cosmetics USA website (who ship worldwide). By the time I paid for the international shipping to the UAE, the total cost of my palette came to over US$110.

I was quite relieved that the palette I received had a good proportion of the blush pigment versus the lighting powder, for all three colours. The three pans look just as "soooo pweeeety" in real life as they do online, even though I couldn't wait to jab my brushes into them to have a go.

I have been using the Bobbi Brown Tawny and Almond blushers every day for 14+ years and it's quite obvious that the colours in the Ambient Blush Palette look nothing like my staples. I use the Mood Exposure colour on top of the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in the hollows of my cheeks: the plummy pink comes out as a rosier version of the shadow effect which I'm aiming for. I then use the Incandescent Electra to add a pop of colour just above the shadow line before applying Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Beige on the tops of my cheekbones to finish off. I have yet to use the Luminous Flush properly, but am likely to use it for the same function as the Incandescent Electra.

Compared to my matte Bobbi Brown blushers, the Ambient Powders in the Hourglass blushers do make the product look a bit more "alive" in the sense that they apply more like a second skin and lend themselves better to a soft focus effect. The pigmentation is not as sheer as I feared it could be, but I have always taken a heavy hand with applying blushers. The wear-time is also comparable to Bobbi Brown as I don't notice any fading or change of colour for 14hr+ wear.

I wouldn't say this palette is a "must have" by any means, but it's certainly a "nice to have" which I enjoy using.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There sure is a lot of ambivalence about these Hourglass blushes, both as a palette and individually. Maybe expectations were too high, but in fairness they do have a very unusual application that might not suit everyone. The powder is absurdly finely milled--it makes Chanel's domed blushes feel like sandpaper. The inclusion of the subtle shine (sparkle just is too tacky a word for it) and the way the color and highlight release on the skin when brushed on are also unlike any other blush I've ever tried. I brush some on and ask myself, is there any color there? Because it isn't that easy to tell up close. It is that natural looking. But when I step back, I see it, and wow, it is pretty. Similarly, when I catch a glimpse of it during the day, I wonder if it is me or the blush I'm seeing. But since I don't look like a washed out blank, but healthy and kind of cheekbone-y, I know it is the blush. So it is taking some time to get used to it. I'm so used to seeing BLUSH. And always walking that tightrope between too little and too much, which I get wrong more often than I'd like to admit to the aficianados here. So I'm pretty excited about exploring and finding the best color from Hourglass, and figuring out the best brush to apply it with, and possibly ending the days of frantically blotting my face with paper towels in some ladies room. As the reviewer below said, it looks like you are actually blushing. If that appeals to you, you will love these.

on 12/17/2014 12:04:00 PM

I had the mood exposure as a single and decided to purchase the set of three when it came to try out the other shades. Overall I would say it was/is good. It has good pigmentation and it gives a nice glow. I would recommend to someone who hasn't tried hourglass products. I wouldn't repurchase only because I would like to try something new. Although it is pricy it is nice and will last you a long time. I find the three shades are pretty and will look nice on most skin tones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this blush palette. Firstly, the colours are very pretty and flattering on my skin tone, and I imagine they would look good on almost anyone. There's a magenta pink, a bright coral and a muted mauve so it's an excellent range.

The absolute BEST thing about these blushes is the formula. Hourglass is known for having extremely finely milled powders and these are no exception. They are very soft and blend well, with a finish that has a soft-focus, air-brush sort of effect - it doesn't look like there's powder on your skin at all.

Great pigmentation, decent lasting power, a slight glow but no glitter, and the only blush I've tried that's made me look like I'm actually blushing.

Yes, the price is way up there, especially if you're in Australia like I am, but if you're a blush fanatic it's actually pretty good value. Certainly better than buying high-end singles, and you get three very different options that can go with different looks. There's a generous amount of product in the palette, so I don't think I'll ever run out, but if I did I would definitely purchase again!

on 1/15/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was a great buy, even if you can't use all there colours two out of three makes it cheaper than buy full sizes. I put this on wrong the first few times, being that I'm so used to seeing blush as I put it on, needless to say I piled on way too much. After a few tries I got it. Use a good fluffy brush, apply softly and layer. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I will buy a full size if the right colour, I think it's called Mood, next since I use it the most