Etude House Etude House Stay Up Foundation

Etude House Etude House Stay Up Foundation
Etude House Stay Up FoundationEtude House Stay Up Foundation

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not really fond of etude house princessy packaging, but this foundation surprised me. It has good coverage, and a matte finish. Very natural looking and matches my skin tone perfectly ( i have this in beige, and am nc20). Keeps my face matte for the first 3-4 hours. this does transfer and come off when i blot. On my oily skin, this lasts around 6 hours before fading off have not tried touching up with this when i am outside. Will repurchase due to the cheap price, and also because it does not break me out.

on 2/27/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in the "ivory" shade, wich is superlight and has a yellow undertone and I am so impressed by this foundations performance and coverage. It's such a little (inexpensive) gem in my stash. I usually use my BB creams but on those days, when I need a little extra coverage, I reach out to this one.

As mentioned before, the coverage really impressed me, I didn't expect it to be that good and even. Foundations with high coverage tend to make my skin look blotchy or cakey, but this one really merges nicely with the skin, leaving a nice airbrushed finish without oxydizing during the day and is easy to blend. The formula is rather lightweight, despite the amazing coverage and once it sets and dries down, it wont "move" and budge, which is also a huge plus. And like most Asian foundations, this one has a high SPF (40). The staying power is around 8 hours, after that, I need a little touchup around the nose and the foundation doesn't fade.

However, one sidenote for all you dear MUA-ers, who are considering to buy this foundation: bear in mind, that this is foundation contains silicones. Even though it didn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, if some of you are very sensitive when it comes to silicones, you may want to test this first on a small area.

Also, since this foundation has a high SPF, I wouldn't recommend it to you, if you're going out in the evening and taking pictures then or if you are going to wear it on a photo shoot, because the high SPF may leave you looking like a ghost, when taking photos with the flash.

on 5/27/2015 8:07:00 PM

This foundation has great coverage, greater than most foundations I've purchased in the US from department store and drug store brands.
I'd say the coverage is almost too perfect! Using a bit too much of this foundation can look too unnatural. A little goes a long way. I need to moisturize very well before using foundation, or my skin can flake and look very ugly underneath.
I bought this in Pure (#1). It's super pale, paler than the swatch online found in the Etude House official website. According to Etude House, the Ivory color (#3) is lighter than the Pure colors, colors go very pale!

Just used this for a day.. But I'm liking it So far! The shade I got is Ivory, its a little bit off for me but isn't really a big deal. I dabbed it on my face and blend it with my beauty blender. I do feel that it would be hard to blend if I were to use my fingers instead. I tried with a brush too but the results ain't as good as my beauty blender. I love that this gives me a medium to high coverage without feeling heavy. And, I do not need to set it with powder! The oil control is very great. With just primer and no powder, my nose got shiny only after 4-5 hours! Etude House did a GREAT JOB. Im loving this even more than any cushion. I am not very sure will this break me out because I have only used it for a day. Will update more soon. However, the only cons, I think is that it is um, kinda small? But, overall, I'm still in love with this. On days, when I'm in a rush, I will use Any Cushion. But on the other days, I will use this!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE FINALLY FOUND MY FAVOURITE FOUNDATION SO FAR.

Sure, it doesn't do ALL that I look for in my dream perfect foundation, but it sure is the BEST foundation I've used so far (and I have tried many).

I love it for its:

1. Color: 'Ivory' is perfect for my fair, yellow-toned skin. I swear every other foundation out there is either too cool or grey toned, or too orangey. This just fits me perfectly I can't even *cries out of joy*

2. Finish: This dries to a semi-matte finish that doesn't look dead on the face, and this doesn't require a powder. It looks natural even when my facial oil seeps through by mid-day, and gentle blotting doesn't smudge the foundation at all. LOVE.

3. Coverage: coverage is medium and buildable to an extent. I wish it covered a little better but I'm still alright with the way it is =)

4. Lasting power: I was really surprised at how well this foundation lasted on me when I did not even really powder (although I did use a primer on my T-Zone). unlike BB creams, this foundation does not 'move about' on the face or melt off. I agree with a review that I've read online about this - this foundation has the lasting power of Revlon colorstay but without the thick, cement-like feeling and consistency.

5. Packaging: this comes in a hygienic squeeze plastic bottle. It's small and light enough to carry around in a handbag!

6. Smell: a really nice non-offensive baby powder-ish scent

I am so happy with this product ^^

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got a few samples and tested this product for a few days before ordering the full size container online. For reference, my skin has broken capilaries all over the cheek area, huge pores, oily T-zone and some dry patches on my forehead sometimes. I was not expecting much out of this product since I'm used to Korean BB creams and foundations to have a light coverage and a sticky feeling when worn. Some I've tried have also caused me rashes and redness after a few minutes of setting into my skin!
I looked for reviews all over the internet for this product and ended up finding nothing, which makes me believe this is a fairly recent addition to Etude House' makeup line, aside from the BB creams and BB Cushion foundation.
To say the least, I was super impressed by this foundation! I am used to applying high coverage products on my face, and I was in need for something very lightweight with moisturizing properties for days when I'm just out studying or buying groceries; because my skin just felt tired of all the heavy products on it. Since I have yellow undertoned skin I tried the Ivory shade, and it worked great!
Using my clean hands, I just dabbed this product on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin areas, and blended with my fingers all over my skin after my skincare regimen. I always use brush tools to apply foundations but with this product I was advised to use my clean hands because the warmth of them would make the product blend into my skin better.
I could not have been happier with the results! This left my skin feeling moisturized. It had great coverage on all my problem areas and the finish of it is semi-dewey, It leaves my skin glowing! Another great thing about this is that it has skin clarifying properties to even out my skin tone. It also has anti- aging ingredients. So it is nice to know that this provides skin care along with coverage! If you're looking for a foreign product for your youthful skin, I highly recommend this. I am 23 years old so I don't know how this might set into wrinkles or discoloration caused by the sun.

This foundation comes in five different shades: Pure, Rosy, Ivory, Beige and Sand.
It retails for about $12-$15 on EBay for .88 oz product quantity. Not cheap but not too expensive either.