Viseart Palette 12 Paupières Eyeshadow Palette Basic: 06 - Paris Nudes

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm feeling a little conflicted about this palette. Like so many others here, I did my research on this product and took my time before finally taking the plunge and getting it once it was on sale. After all, this is a really, really expensive palette. Even my first impression was kind of ambivalent: the palette looked great, but once I tried the product on, there were shades immediately fell in love with and others that I was quite disappointed with right from the get go.

First for the negatives. Now, it explicitly states on the back of the packaging that these shades have a "homogenous texture". However, I really don't think this is actually the case: there are both satin shades (my absolute favourite) and more shimmery/metallic ones (which I personally find more generic, although these are on average more intense in pigmentation and so might appeal to more people). In addition, there is one shadow that I find differs from these two textures, namely the top right one: it is a sheer light gold that seems to have much larger chunks of glitter and terrible fall out. It's basically unusable, which is just not acceptable for such an expensive palette! Another thing to consider is that I find some of the shades to not really be true to pan once you try them on. Particularly the second from the left on the middle row - it looks like such an interesting shade in the pan, but translates as a fairly common antique gold on the lid. So disappointing!

Now for the positives. I bought this palette on the recommendation that it was an easy-to-use, work appropriate palette with the sort of shades that work really well for one eyeshadow looks. It really delivers on that front, and there are so many choices for these types of looks. The bottom row also adds enough dimension and depth for darker, smokier evening looks (although I am blond/fair, so they might not be intense enough for everyone). With the exception of the top right shade, the shadows also blend like a dream. This makes this palette very easy to work with for quick, everyday looks. Some of the shades are also very interesting and unlike anything else in my fairly large collection - I'm particularly in love with the olive/sage tones and the deep plum/blue on the bottom row. As a point of comparison, I'd like to add that I find the texture of the satin shadows most similar with my Dior shadows, particularly those in the 5 Couleurs palettes. I'm a big fan of those, and also love the texture of the satin shades here.

All in all, I find that there's lots to work with here and this will be a palette I will use a lot, especially for everyday looks. I was disappointed with the slight inconsistency in textures (and that one crappy shade). While I would probably not repurchase this, especially at the full price, there are a bunch of shades that I absolutely adore here and will continue to use a lot.

I wanted to try these shadows and with the holiday Vib coupon I finally purchased this palette. I absolutely adore it, it is so beautiful! About me very cool undertones, NW20 or below, blonde hair and green eyes for reference. These shades run warm but even on me they work on my skintone. I find these to be so easy to blend and for shimmer I haven't had an issue with fallout.

Under the light I can see the beauty of these shadows pictures do not do them justice imo. Up close you can really see the dimension in these. And they not only swatch great but apply it as well. They also last on my oily lids for hours. I do use primer and since these are shimmery I mix them with my favorite mattes. I like using UD Naked Basics 2 with these shades. I would someday like to buy a matte palette from Viseart to go with the Paris Nudes.

The colours themselves are so pretty! I love the top row the pink, white, beige, and the golden pink is just so lovely. I use these as just a wash of colour or as an inner eye h/l. The second row are great with neutral mattes for me since I'm cool toned and the bottom row I like using the purples as liners or lid shades. I like how I can use them wet or dry. The shadows themselves are so soft and silky using them is just so nice on my eyes. They also do not irritate my sensitive eyes. To me they are worth the $$ as they are shades I will use daily. At 37 I've been going for more simple eye looks and this palette really allows me to do that.

I would buy another palette so here's to saving up these shadows are worth it to me as I find their quality to be outstanding. The packaging is great because it's sturdy and you can get the job done. Love Viseart! Recommended:)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Viseart shadows. Very high quality and sooo easy to work with. I have a few of the matte palettes which I love but this palette surprised me the most. I'm over 45 and can't wear shimmery eyeshadow above the lid (sometimes not even on the lid) and most of the time even satin shadows just make my wrinkly eyes standout too much. But this palette did not do that. I did a whole look today using only 5 of these shadows and it looks fabulous if I do say so myself. Very impressive.

Worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I took a chance on this since it's so expensive, but I love it. The colors are beautiful for my fair skin and blend like a dream with little to no fallout. I like mixing up the shades to create different looks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

OMG! These shadows are amazing! I had seen numerous great reviews about these palettes and hadn't seen anything bad about them but the price was putting me off from buying one (they are $80 each) but I finally caved and purchased the Paris Nudes palette after seeing so many positive reviews. These shadows are everything they are cracked up to be. The shadows are very buttery and the color payoff is excellent. You get 12 shadows in each palette and the colors are curated very well. The palette itself is a simple black plastic case with a clear lid but it doesn't look or feel cheap. This brand was designed for professional makeup artists who need durable packaging and this palette delivers. The colors in the Paris Nudes palette are a nice mix of elegant and wearable shades that can create a variety of looks. I have been playing with these for over a week and am still finding new combos to try. I definitely recommend this palette and can't wait to try the matte palette.

I love the Paris Nudes. I use them in conjunction with the neutral mattes palette, however. That is what they were designed for, when I talked to Anastasia Viseart about it, that is what she told me.

I think they add the perfect subtle touches to the makeup which is gorgeous but understated. I don't generally wear these alone, however. For the price, if you can only afford one palette, I would say the neutral mattes would be a better choice.

If you can have both, this is stunning together with it. I find myself reaching for this palette more than any other Viseart palette after the neutral mattes.

After reading all of the amazing reviews, I bought this palette online (along with the matte, and bridal satin). I've been using these for a few weeks now and though I don't mind them, I don't love them either. I have deep set eyes and reddish eyelids. I've tried these with various eye primers and without and the light and mid range colours don't seem to show up on me at all. It gives a very light wash of colour (barely noticeable) which is not what I am looking for. I find that UD Sin, and other UD and MAC shadows, works better for me as an eyelid colour. I don't dislike these enough to take them back, but I won't be buying them again either.
I gave the packaging 5 lippies because I find it to be very sturdy, practical, and easy to clean.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Beautiful palette,perfect for subtle smokey eyes ,or just a wash of color.
I like more muted colors,so this is right up my alley.The shadows are buttery soft and a breeze to blend.I have dark green eyes and all the colors suit them very well,but not all the colors suit my skintone.I like more cool toned colors,but that has nothing to do with the quality of the shadows. I never use a primer, only face powder under my eye makeup.I only use this eye palette for my eyelids and under my eyes+inner corner.For outer corner+crease i always use a matte shadow.The medium colors look darker in the pan than on my skin and the darkest colors loose a bit of their color when blended. The top row,lightest colors are very light on my lids.I must not apply more than 2 layers of one color ,because of the shimmer.It looks weird when caked on.The palette is a bit difficult to open and looks,for it's price,cheap

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Viseart Matte Neutral Palette is my favorite palette I've ever owned so when I saw that they make a satin/shimmer palette I had to try it. This palette is gorgeous in an understated way. The colors are neutrals that are muted but not boring and all the of the shades look very different from each other on the skin. They look a little muddy in the pan, but on the skin, each shadow has so much dimesion and enough pigment to keep the color strong. There are two highlight shades that have a bit of micro-glitter that have an intense shine while the rest of the shadows have a more subdued satin shimmer. This is a great compliment to the matte palette.

Pigmentation and lasting power were disappointing. I tried several different primers and primer + cream shadow base and the shadows still don't last all day. There was significant fading after for hours. The pearly finish completely goes away in 2 hours and leaves a more matte look. The shadows are soft and very easy to blend but also tend to blend away too much if you are not careful. Overall a disappointing palette. Perhaps the matte shadows are better but the pearly, satin, and shimmer/microglitter shades are mediocre.