Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer - Almond

No Image

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Tried out a sample of Almond for my NW20-25 skin verging onto 30 in the summer if I've been careless about applying sunscreen (my bad...). Excellent coverage with natural skin like finish - not greasy, not drying, just right. Long lasting too...all day long even without powdering over.
Thinking seriously about forking out $$$ for a full size.

on 5/17/2015 7:55:00 AM

I have drawfulls of concealers, always on the search for the holy grail! I believe this is the one for me!! I need an anti aging concealer that won't settle in my fine lines and one that doesn't need to be powdered afterward. It's $70 which is steep but if it works well, I'm in. This is the newest shade, almond, that is perfect for my medium NW20-25, yellow undertone skin. I suggest going to an instore counter to get the perfect match since it's so expensive. Has to be warmed up to really cover smoothly. If I use a concealer brush or use it directly under my eyes, it's too much. I use the pad of my ring finger, running it along the top, until I feel the "slip" and it's warm to apply. Gentle patting is all that's needed. A 2nd application causes it to be too dry. Dries to a velvet finish and lasts about 5-6 hours for me. I have horrible dark, bluish/ purplish circles and this covers well. If I need to reapply, I apply Hourglass mineral veil primer first, then the concealer and this keeps is from becoming cakey. If you can afford it it's worth the hefty price tag.

I completely agree with the previous review from LPomona, well said and thank you for breaking the ice!

Same comments applies in term of perfect match for my relatively fair skin (NC20ish) and a much better match than the color ivory.

I use this instead of foundation and only in the corners of my eyes, to conceal redness and some skin tone discolorations. I like the 100% natural, improved look and a little goes a long way. I actually use a mini shade brush from MAC, just dot it where I want to erase imperfectionsit's like photoshopping myself!

on 11/13/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

OK, so I waited months & months for someone (anyone!) to review this relatively new shade, and it kept not happening, so I studied the few swatches online & bought it myself so I could review it for YOU. Yay!!!!!

I'm NC20ish & always wear yellowish foundation to cancel pink in cheeks.
Foundation shades: Chanel Teint Innocence 20/Cameo;
GArmani Designer Lift #4;
Dior Airflash #201;
Shiseido Sheer/Perfect O20;
YSL TTE - B30.
(They're all light-to-medium shades with yellow tone.)

I've tried CdP concealer in Ivory & Beige and no matter how hard I tried, really couldn't get them to work with my coloring. So now, at long last, I am able to use it. Almond suits my NC20/yellowish skin beautifully, though I'm sure it would match several other skin tones that are lighter & darker than mine. Just depends on how heavily you apply it or sheer it out.

I use it around my eyes, after moisturizing, and it lightens the darkness wonderfully, while looking like I'm applying my own skin color. Victory. I could probably get it to cancel the darkness completely, but at my age, having no darkness at all under my eyes would look ridiculous, IMHO. So I apply the tiniest bit with a concealer brush - I know everyone seems to warm it w/fingertip & then apply with finger, but I'm not skilled enough for that application. I need the control of the tiny brush. I find that it stays put all day with or without a finishing powder on top.

One thing to note is that (on ME at least) it's great for concealing the blues/purples around eyes, but it's not light enough (or not the right shade?) to use on sun/age spots, which are brown. So OK, in a perfect world . . .
Therefore, on brown spots I use TimeBalm Light/Medium, after applying foundation.

I'm really glad that I finally caved & bit the bullet.
Hope this is helpful for someone else who's considering the plunge :)