NARS Audacious - Anita

Audacious - Anita

4.1

on 11/14/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product during Sephora's 20% off sale. I would definitely not purchase this full price as it is very expensive - still expensive despite the 20% off but I got the holiday edition and came in a pretty gold case and I got suckered in. This colour is really pretty and is a MLBB colour. For reference, I am MAC NC30 with yellow undertones, and it works well on me. The lipstick gives a great colour pay off and lasts for a while on my lips. I definitely love the packaging of the product. I don't notice any scent to the product, but then again I never really smelled it either as usually once you apply it, you would be able to smell it. I think this is a lovely neutral color and good for everyday wear. I will not likely repurchase as there are so many lipsticks out on the market that you can't just stick to one lol.

on 7/26/2017 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I asked for a lipstick that would last. I was matched, and Anita is my lip color but better. It lasts!! I drink, I eat and it's still there. It's smooth and feels good going on, and no fragrance at all. I prefer a lip pencil under it that gives it more rosy color. Of course I like the magnetic closure. Everything about it is just right for me. I'm happy the sales lady recommended it to me.

on 12/13/2016 10:50:00 PM

For all the hype surrounding these, I was very disappointed in this product. I felt it overpromised and under delivered, especially for the price. First off, the formula is dry, I tried putting balm on before and after application to no avail, it feathered like crazy, had to use a lip liner, which only slightly helped and the wear time is not great, alot of transfer on my coffee cup.
The colour (Canadian spelling!) did not work with my skin tone. I have fair skin with cool undertones, this shade pulled off slightly orange. To be fair, in NARS defence, I purchased this online, and it is tricky picking out the right shade.
If you are looking for a dupe, Smashbox primrose is a much better shade (slightly more pink) and more moisturizing.
All in all I expected more. You can do better at the drugstore for a fraction of the price.
I will be returning this back to Sephora.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really had high hopes for this after all the raves about this. However, I just do not get the buzz about this. This is pigmented, yes, no doubt about that. However, it accents the lips in my lines and is so pigmented it gives 'clown lips' (if you've never had a lip product do that to you, be grateful) and just to me is nothing special. It also is not comfortable in the lips. I expected something smooth and creamy and to just glide on, and this does not. In fact, it tugs a little, and my lips are not even remotely dry at the moment.

I just think this is overpriced and for the price does not perform as a good lip product should. You could probably find a drugstore dupe for this, really, or a similar shade that feels better on the lips. This also actually made my lips feel dry as the day went on. I suppose I could use a balm underneath this, but at this price tag, I feel the product should not make average lips feel and look dry. Actually no lip product should do that.

Sorry...This was a definite pass for me...:(

on 1/2/2016 4:49:00 AM

Beautiful lipstick! I bought it as I was searching for my perfect nude. I have fair skin and neutral/warm complexion, so this lipstick enhances my look to its best. This lipstick tends to change its color depending from light, but it always look gorgeous! From very natural pink to warm raspberry. It doesn't smell anything, is creamy when applying but the finish is more creamy/matte. Packaging is luxurious looking - I like the convenience of magnetic lock.
My absolute favorite of all time lipsticks.

on 6/23/2015 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my perfect darker nude shade. The formulation of the lipstick is a velvety creamy matte. That glides on your lips without being slippery, meaning you know it will last. Even though the lipstick is matte I did not find the least bit drying. The magnetic closure is nice and the packaging sleek. I think I've found my go to daily lip colour.

on 4/1/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It turned orange on me. Even the sales ladey wouldn't believe it till she saw it. If you have a tendency to pull out orange on colors, Anita will not work for you. Urban Decay Naked does the same thing on me...looks gorgeous MLBB on others, on me orange. MAC Modesty did it too. I have a lot of other creamy lipsticks that feel just as nice the texture doesn't merit the ridiculous price. I was so lemming this, oh well, that is over.

Now if you have more yellow undertones or don't have the things turning orange on you issue, this would be a great neutral shade. I like Anna as opposed to Anita, but that can skew darker than I want at times too.

on 3/26/2015 12:54:00 PM

On my Neutral/leaning cooler fair/medium skin tone this pulls a dusty Rose but a bit more peachy on my lips which are a bit mauvey toned. While I like the line, there are a few issues which keep it from being a holy grail for me. The color does NOT last on me as it does with some of the other reviewers. Even eating and drinking which I do drink a lot of water so I end up re-applying quite a bit. The packaging for me is a bit of a fail. HAd a couple of instances where I went to pull it out of my bag and the lid came off and almost had a very expensive accident. So be careful where you have it in your purse. I do like it and unless I find something in the same color and longer lasting I would re purchase it even with it being more expensive.

Holy cow this lipstick is everything!! This was my first expensive lipstick purchase from sephora. I recently saw a youtuber post an instagram photo and fell in love. I fell even more in love in sephora when i swatched it. Funny how it was the only one from sephora in the line that was sold out, but they had extras in the bottom drawer and i see can why now. This lipstick is super duper creamy, long lasting (even with eating and drinking) and pigmented. You don't need a lot because of the opaque color. It's that perfect dusty rose that everyone wants. I have dark brown hair, blue eyes and I'm pale (NW10), so this showed up pretty well. For $35, it is pricey but i swear, you are getting your money's worth with this lipstick. Don't let the price tag turn you off cause when you buy one, you'll want more :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this color and the formula is awesome!! It's very pigmented and rich, similar finish to MAC Satin lipsticks but I find it less drying. It wears very well since most lipsticks don't last on me. I will likely buy another shade since I like the formula so much.

Here's MAC Brave (L), Anita (C), MAC Twig (R):