4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I've had this product for probably close to 2 years and will re-purchase when I run out (if it's still available!) I don't use the brow gel every day (although it works well!) because I use a pomade from NYX that works great for me, and sometimes follow up the pomade with Gimme Brow or else the less pricey version - Make Me Brow. Anyway, the highlighter with this is pretty slick! Super easy and super SMOOTH to apply on water line and it lasts ALL DAY. It has a nice, brightening effect! (And doesn't bother my eyes at all.) Love the refreshed look it gives the eyes!

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Other

2.0

4 years ago

Eh product. The fibers were difficult to blend. Very splotchy; still had to use powder.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

4 years ago

This thing is great. I have very very sparse and thin eyebrows which I like to fill in "naturally" and this is great. I use the light shade and it is very dark. I have dark brown hair and it matches perfectly but just keep that in mind if you have lighter hair. It stays in place all day and provides a natural look as well as the fibers are really nice. I've just started running out after about 4 months so i definitely will be repurchasing. Overall a really great product if you have thin brows.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

This was a great idea in theory and innovative on Hard Candy's part. They were one of the first drugstore priced companies to offer a fiberized brow gel. It looks like real brow hairs - but with a gel coverage & consistency! However here is what killed it for me - my brows are medium ash blonde. The lightest shade available (Light to Medium) came out a dark taupe. Against my pale skin and light coloring - it looked as if i had used a black sharpie marker. So I gave it to my mom to try out, as she is a lot darker than me. She used it once, then asked if she could throw it away because it was way too dark for her too. Blonde eye brows are not rare. Hell, I even know people with lighter ones than mine. Hard Candy needs to acknowledge us if they want their target audience and profits to grow. This seems to be a common issue with Brows Now. All in all it's a great product with a god awful shade selection. I am jealous of all you dark haired beauties that can wear this!

About reviewer (514 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I'm fortunate to have thick and dark eyebrows which are the envy of my fellow Asians (I am Korean) and this product does a great job at filling in the sparse/patchy parts of my brows. It truly is a time saver when I'm in a hurry or just want to do a minimal/natural look. I use it in the "Medium/Dark" shade and it is the perfect tone for my dark near-black eyebrows. Amazing for me because most brow products geared for darker brows seem to be made with true brunettes in mind, because on me they pull too warm, brassy, auburn and look far too unnatural on me :( The fiberized brow gel is very pigmented so a little goes a long way - I don't have to dip in the tube again between brows. Most of the time I end up taking a clean spoolie to my brows after application because that's how pigmented it is. The highlighter end is a very pretty pinky champagne shade but not so pigmented and also the lid comes loose, but that is my only gripe about the product. I seldom use this end, but when I do, I will swatch it heavily on the back of my hand and then transfer it onto my brow bone with my finger. If your brows are on the thinner side, I don't think this is the ideal product for you but I can't recommend it enough for the bushy browed!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

3.0

5 years ago

I think this product would be amazing for someone with already thick brows, who just wants to define them a bit and keep them in place. I have sparse brows that end up being at least 30% drawn on. I was intrigued by the fiber aspect of this mascara, but I find it difficult to use. First off, the formula is very thick, but the brush is tiny. So when you pull the brush out of the tube, the product is VERY gooped on. If you had thick, lush brows and could comb it through the hairs, I think it might work to tame and define. But, I have wimpy scraggly brows, so I end up wiping most of the product off the wand before letting it touch my face. Otherwise, it's a total mess. Second, the fibers only grab onto existing hairs, not skin. So if you have any bald spots where you're drawing on hairs, this will just look like brown goo smeared on your skin. Overall, it's just not a great product for me. My goal is to make my thin brows look thicker and fuller, and this product can't accomplish that for me, because I don't have enough brow hairs to work with.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I purchased this because it was similar to Benefit's Gimme Brow and was about 1/5 of the cost. Overall, I would consider this a dupe as long as your eyebrows are not too light, which mine were before I started tinting. I used the light/medium shade at first and did not like it because it was too thick and looked fake. After tinting from dark blonde to medium brown it matched better and I could even go a shade darker and it looked natural. I still have to apply brow pencil to fill in the rest because my hair is so thin and it does not interfere much. I would just be careful not to put on too many coats or after its dried. The highlighter is also a nice bonus and gives added definition. I do prefer Gimme Brow overall, however this is a great alternative.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2.0

5 years ago

After years of brow ignorance and denial, I finally accepted the fact that I had invisi-brows, and took a trip to Walmart to do something about it. This had decent reviews and was cheap, so I thought it might be a good starter product. I had tried brow pencils before, but the ones I tried seemed to make my brows look too harsh and unnatural. Ideally, I would like brows that are defined enough and shaped nicely, but are still natural and soft looking. I have sparser, medium blonde eyebrows, so I bought this in the lighter shade. The colour matches well enough, but I have to be very careful and use a light hand when applying this because it is easy to put on too much product and make them look darker than I want. The brush on this is not very good, in my opinion. It clumps up with lots of product and I have to wipe a lot of it off before applying. Even then, there is sometimes excess product that gets into my brows that I have to try to take off. I bought a Milani brow kit not long after this, so I will fill my brows in with the powder and then go over them with this gel as lightly as possible, and I can get a pretty good look. I don't really use the highlighter end of this. It's an okay product, but because I don't like the brush, I will try another brand of gel next time.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

As a beauty addicted college student, Im always looking for a fresh new drugstore gem. I have some crazy eyebrows, that I would consider not too thick and not too thin. When I found this at Walmart (for around $6), I figured I'd give it a go and it does everything a brow gel should do in my opinion! First of all, as people have mentioned, the color selection is a bit sketch. I first chose the darkest color, and it made my eyebrows look really dark in comparison to my light brown hair. So if you are dark brown-black haired that would definitely work for you. I found that the lighter colored gel worked way better for me. This product is extremely convenient in how I can use it alone to get a little bit of fullness and definition when Im being lazy, or I can use it in companion with a brow pencil for a perfected brow look. It stays all day and comes off easily at night. Plus its really cheap, and comes with a stick highlighter on the other end! The highlighter is a little mediocre, but I love the brow gel. The wand is thin enough to fill in the end of my brows, but thick enough to fill in the front with just one swoop. If you want sassy eyebrows with little effort, give this a try!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

so far I love this product. After running out of my benefit gimme brow gel I wanted to see if there was a cheaper and comparable product out there and so far this is it! I've experimented with quite a few different brow gels and benefit's was the only one I liked until now! The hard candy gel goes on nicely, doesn't leave your brows feeling like glue and it comes with a nice high lighter too! for a little over 6 bucks it's practically a steal, compared to the 20 plus dollars I was dropping for a tiny tube from benefit. Highly recommend giving this a try (:

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other