66%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is vastly becoming my favorite eyeshadow single. I reach for this almost on the daily. NARS dual intensity in general: Probably my favorite es formula. They are super pigmented shimmers-- but specks of shimmer don't show up. They literally give eyes the wet look. It's my favorite sort of look. These last all day for me w no primer and have enough opacity that I don't need a base to cover my veiny, discolored eyelids. Himalia specifically: I'm nc15/20, basically in the middle-- pulling neutral more than warm. Like i said my eyelids are discolored so they kinda have a natural shadow darker than my face. I usually pick a brighter shadow bc of this. Mac ricepaper for example has been an es staple of mine for almost a decade. Himalia isn't brighter than my lid-- it almost matches in tonality like a mlbb look. It adds shimmer and dimension and makes my lids look glowy and wet. The shade is a really neutral, maybe slightly warm light bronze. It's just gorgeous I can't rave enough. Understated, but polished. I apply this on my lid w my finger, add mascara and go. It takes seconds. These are so expensive. I've wanted to try them for YEARS so I wish I did sooner, but now I want to slowly collect them. I have himalia and Rigel, Rigel being a more brightening true gold. I love both but wear himalia almost daily. I want at least 4 more. Totally worth it IMO.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

from

4 years ago

This is very nice. It's the only NARS shadow I've liked so far. It's a subtle gold that I like wearing on the center of my lid, especially when using all mattes. This definitely shows up better when applied with a damp brush. I bought this from Costco for a reasonable price compared to Sephora. Don't think it's necessarily any better than many other shades I have from other brands though.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This is the first Nars eyeshadow that I have purchased and the only reason I own it is because it came in the Sephora Superstars kit. I have the prices to be quite steep and haven't found some of the other Nars products I own to be worth the price tag. My wallet unfortunately will not be happy to hear that I love this shadow. The texture is amazingly soft and rich. I feel like this is exactly what I was expecting by the descriptions given of Burberry shadows. I have only worn the shadow dry and it is shiny and highly pigmented. The overall rating is only a 4 and I wouldn't buy this specific shade again because the colour isn't something I don't have in every other pallet (UD pallets usually offer a variation of this colour). After trying out this eyeshadow, I am super curious to try some others. There are some unique shades in the range but this one isn't really one of them.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

NARS Dual Intensity shadows sure are a "love 'em/hate 'em" type product. I'm pretty much in the "love 'em" camp! Because I have such a weakness for eyeshadow, I was really coveting several of these, including Himalia but the steep price ($35 plus tax here in Canada) caused me to wait til the palette (still insanely expensive but a better overall deal) was released and I was so glad Himalia was included. I find this to be a beautiful taupey beige neutral and the dual intensity formula means I can go for more intense (used wet) or more down-played (used dry) looks. I don't know that the price of these is entirely justified and I'm not wild about the individual packaging (though the palette packaging is excellent) but I really do like the shadows themselves and I really love Himalia for it's neutral versatility.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

5 years ago

Utter disappointment. NARS is one of my favorite makeup lines, but these dual-intensity eyeshadows are a bust. Himalia is the second eyeshadow I've tried (Dione being the first) and they are too sheer with no lasting power and give my eyelids a crepe-y/scaly texture. Himalia is warmer than Dione, like a flesh-toned bronze gold that disappears into my eyelids. I might as well be wearing nothing on my eyes for $29.

About reviewer (1634 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

5 years ago

I cant believe this e/s retails for £21! I was on the fence about it.for so long and bit the bullet as I managed. to score ot for 16. I wore it of the first time today over a Mac PP (dry) and it did not budge which is rare for me. I wore it on lid with Sketch & Beauty Marked in outer V. For my NC43 skin it is the most flattering bronze nude shade without being too warm or too cool. I'm so glad I bought it, I might try it wet but I was happy with The finish dry. What I love about it the most is that its a 'clean' shimmer. You cannot see any small parcels of shimmer but it manages to have just enough gleam. I'm def trying another shade but would hesitate to pay full price.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age36-43