Yankee Candles Midsummer's Night

Yankee Candles Midsummer's Night

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

You know the "bad boy" Byronic hero we're all irrationally attracted to, at least according to cliche? This is what he smells like once he's aged and matured, and has been around the block a few times. While he's still very bad indeed, he's now capable of occasionally transferring his overly intense focus onto things like pleasing his partner, showering regularly, and leaving puppies, kittens, and even civilians out of his nefarious revenge plots. This is that mother******, in a cute little jar with a moon and some stars on it.

In seriousness, Midsummer's Night is a cologne-like scent that won't remind you of either your grandfather or the teen next door who believes Axe commercials to be gospel. It isn't too heavy on the orris or patchouli, nor is it sharp and synthetic. It's warm and dark and sexy, with a base hint of burning firewood so smooth and whisper-light that you want to keep re-sniffing to make sure you're not imagining it.

Yankee Candles don't have the best throw, but I'm perfectly happy to have this one burning right next to me all night long! I am pansexual, but while this candle is open, I may feel more hetero...

on 9/8/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My friends and I call this: "Freshly Showered Man". If that appeals to you, you will like this candle.

I was looking forward to trying this as often times, at the end of the year sale when ordering a lot of candles to tide me over till the next one, it is out of stock. It's a unique, strong, masculine, scent. Once lit I most often burn until gone but this one, for me, becomes overpowering so lighting it for a few hours here and there works better. Having only used it for a few days my thoughts are I'd be unlikely to purchase again but it may, in time, grow on me as has been the case with a couple of others.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Smells awesome. The only candle from Yankee Candles that I rebought.

on 6/5/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The candle quality is great and wonderful but, this scent just isn't for me. It smells like mens colonge which instantly reminds me of axe which is just to strong and over powering. If you like that scent then this candle would be great for you but just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my husband's favorite smell. I always burn this when he is around and it reminds me of him. I would't suggest this to someone that is 'scared' of strong smells. It is very heavy and makes your whole house smell like men's cologne. I will always repurchase this not for me, but for my husband.

on 2/25/2010 2:12:00 PM

I totally agree with the other reviewers who state this smells like a yummy man, it's delicious! This is in my top 5 Yankee scents and I keep going back to it time and time again. It actually puts me in the mood when I burn this one :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Haha me and friends jokingly call this the "sex candle." It's awesome...It can be very strong but at the same time, you kinda want that in a candle if it's the right scent! Reminds me a lot of men's cologne...and I like men's cologne :)

I love this sent! it smell like Drakkar Noir, which is my favourite smell on a man. I only buy the little tarts, which cost 99p but the big jars here in the UK are about 18.99 which is just a bit too much in my opinion for a candle. I love most of the yankee candles but this is just a great unique smell, great for a change from your typical smells.

on 3/27/2010 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

OMG this is the best smelling candle in the world in my opinion.. I love it so much.. I thinks it smells a bit like mens colone in a way if that makes sense .. besides being black which can be odd at first I have the candles, minis and huge ones and also the car air freshener cant get enough of this scent

Popular Candles