OPI The Glittering Night

3.0

1 review

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Canadian drug store Winners sell MOPI (Mystery OPI) duo packs which contain 'exclusive to them' polish shades; these are in reality overstock of existing OPI shades, if you were wondering which collection a shade name which is followed by a triple digit number originates from.

The Glittering Night is actually Metallic 4 Life (the Nicki Minaj collection) - not just a dupe, but the same actual polish renamed. So, of course, if you own that shade then you definitely don't need this. The Glittering Night has a black jelly base, that is packed with silver glitter. Pretty but not terribly unique - but I usually love OPIs formulas so I thought I'd love this one, but it turned out to be pretty "meh" overall...

The formula is okay, but is not as "wow" as most of my other OPIs: it can be a bit streaky on the first coat, is still uneven after two coats, so i need three coats for an even, opaque finish. Plus the polish doesn't dry quite as quickly as my other OPI polishes - is this because of all the glitter?

This polish will last me around two days with only minimal wear, so less then OPIs non-glittery shades. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is for other people.

Popular Polishes