Mirenesse Professional Make Up Base Skin Primer

Mirenesse Professional Make Up Base Skin Primer

1 review

This is the first primer I have purchased and used on a regular basis, so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect in terms of wear.
My first impression upon application was that it doesn't feel slippery the way silicone-based primers do. I think it's an excellent choice if you have oily skin, as my most frequent issue is my foundation splitting or sliding off on my t-zone, which this product has helped immensely. It's not as much of an issue on my forehead but as I have mild rosacea over my nose and cheeks I have definitely noticed a difference visually as the day wears on.
As a result of this texture, it's not the easiest to spread. A lot of reviews elsewhere state that you only need a tiny bit; I find I need at least one full pump to be able to spread it for even coverage, texture-wise and colour-wise.
Still, the pump packaging means that nothing goes to waste, and I don't feel as though I'm going through it too quickly despite daily use. With the right amount it evens out my skin well and leaves a smooth canvas for my makeup.
The product dries slowly, so you do need to wait a little bit before throwing your foundation on. As it dries it gets a sort of tacky, sticky feel to it that, to me, feels like a great base for makeup - it feels "anchored" almost in the way CND Stickey helps anchor a polish on your nails! Using a powder foundation kills this sticky feeling on application but with my usual liquid foundation I do prefer to use a setting powder so it stops my face from feeling clammy. However if you skip this step it will dry completely in time, I just like to give it a little extra push as it gets humid here.
Also worth mentioning, you can probably guess from the photo but the colouring is quite strong. You couldn't wear this on its own with a little powder, it does need (in my opinion) a medium coverage makeup over the top to cancel out the greeny-ashy look, at least on my olive-based skin tone. However it's this property that makes it amazing at neutralising redness.
Final point is that I've noticed it works wonderfully as an eye primer, no creasing/slipping of eyeshadow at all even in hot weather, which saves me from wanting to buy a specialised product just for that.
Overall I definitely think I will be buying it again, as the other popular primers I've tried on my skin feel too slippery and greasy and this has a nice, almost-drying effect on my oily spots and is comfortable and long-lasting.