L'Oreal Paris COLOR RICHE Collection Exclusive Pure Reds - jlo pure red

COLOR RICHE Collection Exclusive Pure Reds - jlo pure red

4.5

on 12/13/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite lipsticks! It's a great shade of red and I think it looks good on different skin tones. It doesn't last all day, but it still does a good lasting power. It's pretty good for its price.

Like the previous COLOR RICHE Collection Exclusive nudes collection, this one is also limited edition. I bought my Jlo's pure red from my local london drugs here in Canada for $10.99.
There were 6 shades available, and I bought JLOs and Blake lively's shades - which were very similar except JLO's shade was more of a true red (blue based) vs blake's which was more of a warm red (touch of orange).
On my NC25-NC30 skintone, the sale associate recommended that JLOs lipstick shade was more flattering. She said that the JLOs pure red was comparable to MACs ruby woo but less drying. Although i still found this product to be slightly drying on my lips... So I used my lush santa's lip scrub before hand, then applied a thin layer of lip balm, my MAC lip prep and prime, as well as my rimmel invisible lipliner, to ensure it stayed on my lips and didn't smear.
This lipstick stayed on pretty well through eating and drinking and I only had to retouch 1x. I also noticed it stains my lips (and my hand where I swatched all the colours... Even with repeated washing and scrubbing).
Unfortunately, this is only limited edition... So grab one before it's gone.