Milani color statement~#42 Rose Femme

Milani color statement~#42  Rose Femme

Not tested on animals

MLSN-01, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11,12,14,17,19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44. Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcristallina Cera (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba, Benzyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Vanillin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxycitronellal. /- May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 22 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 3/13/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had hopes this would be a MLBB shade on me (fair, neutral leaning cool), but it was way too dark and brown on, barely pink on me. I got 2 on a deal, planned on giving one to my sister, but ended up returning both. I have other Milani lippies and I'm sure this one is fine, quality-wise, I just didn't want to keep a shade I knew I wouldn't use.

on 3/11/2018 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm NC30 and have pigmented lips. It's very hard for me to find lipsticks that work because my lips are so pigmented. A lipstick has to have a depth of color for it to work for me. For me this is MLBB. It's kind of a rosy mauve with a little brown, too. It does have a weird fake watermelon smell to it bit it's not bad enough to be a deal breaker for me. No complaints about wear time or texture.

on 12/19/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not the perfect color for me - just a tad on the dark side - but very close to perfect. Beautiful package, consistency and price (bought on Amazon), and I'll probably end up using it to the last drop unless I find my HG color (61 years old and still searching).

on 12/10/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Stopping at the store for a few groceries, as usual I find myself in the makeup aisle, spotting Milani Rose Femme. Recalling good reviews, and finding an already open tube, the color appeared to be a natural lip but darker rose/mauve neutral. (I also picked up matte blissful which I don't care for).

On me the color read a little different. Texture is a crème which dries somewhat to a matte. Initially, the color was a mauve with both cool and brown undertones (weird, but nice, no hint of rose). After drying it brightened up slightly to a more medium pink-y mauve, retaining a very sight brown undertone Nice enough, I'll wear it occasionally but it's not something I would run out to purchase again.

My skintone is light/medium (NW 30 or 35 I think) and I think this didn't have quite enough oomph for me. I think it would look great on the very fair or darker toned ladies.

Of note is the fake candy taste and smell when applied, but it wears off quickly. Also, like another shade in this line (nude crème) it is slightly drying but not terribly so,

Great color. Great price. Great formula. Overall a winner for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looked for this in 5 CVS stores (yep, I said 5) and each one was sold out of the Rose Femme. It became a real quest to find it so on the way home today, I took a detour to check out one more CVS, and they had it!

Other than the fact that it is difficult to find, it's an awesome lipstick. It looked pretty dark in the tube (I'm fair and don't like dark lipsticks) but when I put it on, it was a mauvey rose shade with just a hint of brown to keep it from looking too bright. It appears darker and more plum-toned the heavier it is applied. Perfect for my cooler skin tone. It goes on smoothly and is long lasting, not dry or cakey at all. Gives a nice stain to the lips that wears off evenly. As good as or better than any dept store lipstick.

Definitely could see this as a HG lipstick for me.

on 6/10/2015 3:04:00 PM

I finally bought this due to my interest really being sparked by plenty of online reviews and images. Sadly, this rosy, mauve-brown was a miss for me. It's too close to my skin color and that translates as a boring, nondescript nude. On ladies with lighter complexions there will be more of a contrast, giving if desired, that much sought after Kylie Jenner lip. Aside from the color issue, I just have to rave about Milani's incredible formula. This lipstick and several other Color Statement lippies I have, all give excellent color pay-off, have the right amount of cream, glide on easily, and do last. All the qualities I love! So even though Rose Femme won't be joining my rotation, it certainly isn't because of a subpar formulation.

on 5/22/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes. YESSSSSSS! This is a beautiful color. I love the watermelon fragrance and the finish is silky smooth. Every time I am at the drug store they are sold out on this color, like CLEARLY it is the breakout star. Not even Teddy Bare is usually sold out. I am patiently waiting for my backup to appear on the shelves. Perfect nude pink for my NW45 skintone. And at $5 this is about the cheapest lipstick in my collection. I will be purchasing again and again.

on 2/6/2015 1:20:00 PM

I can't believe it's taken me this long to try Milani Color Statement Lipsticks, but indeed it has. I'm not really a lip product girl, but after coming across repeated raving blogger reviews, I decided to try out a relatively safe Color Statement shade - Rose Femme.

This color is a tad reminiscent of the 90's brownish nude lip trend that's all the rage. It's an opaque brownish beige pink with a creme finish. Although the formula lacks any sort of glitter of shimmer, the lipstick can tend to impart a bit of a sheen on the lips after immediate application, but it become demi-matte throughout the day. Staying power is quite decent for a non-matte lipstick, but you will probably need to reapply after three or four hours or after a meal. I don't find the lipstick to be particularly moisturizing or drying, although I try to remember to wear lip balm as a base layer. I find that Rose Femme pairs well with MAC Cremestick Liner in Cream O' Spice.

The pungent artificial watermelon smell is a bit of a turn off for me. Fortunately, it does tend to dissipate with prolonged wear. Overall it's an excellent lipstick, especially for the $5.99 price tag.

on 1/28/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

As an NW20 with strawberry blonde hair, I find this to be the perfect MLBB color. It is a neutral brownish mauve that to me is almost an exact dupe of UD Revolution l/s in Strip -- one of the two shades available only on UD's website. So if you like Strip but don't like to spend that much money on a lipstick and/or pay for shipping, and you like the convenience of buying drugstore makeup, give Rose Femme a try. I do find it a bit on the dry side, but most lipsticks that are going to actually last on your lips are not going to be super moisturizing. This was my first Color Statement purchase but will not be my last.