MILANI Color Statement Lipstick - Rose Femme

MILANI Color Statement Lipstick - Rose Femme

4.1

Not tested on animals

MLSN-01, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11,12,14,17,19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44. Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcristallina Cera (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba, Benzyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Vanillin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxycitronellal. /- May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 22 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470).

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

What a great color! Sadly, this and Dulce Caramelo both caused an almost immediate burning and itching reaction upon application. Perhaps it's the watermelon-y fragrance.

on 11/21/2018 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

HG status for me. This is one of my top five lipsticks. Every time I wear it, I'm reminded of how much I love it. It's a MLBB shade for me - fair/medium skin tone leaning to cool, freckles, light brown hair and blue eyes. I'd describe it as a muted brownish mauve colour. It's long wearing and leaves a lovely, natural stain as it wears. I find the formula comfortable - creamy and not overly drying. Good for a polished, professional look and for lighter, "no-makeup" makeup days. I don't like the fruity flavour, but since everything else works so well for me, I'm willing to overlook it; and the taste does seem to fade fairly quickly. It may be too strong, however, for those with sensitivities. I always have a backup of this one.

on 8/2/2018 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this is a really nice color, but very deep on me. i thought it would be lighter. it looks like a brownish plum. the shade is flattering, just not what i'd hoped it would be.

the color wears well over liner, and comes off quickly without. feels comfortable while it's on and doesn't dry out my lips at all. i really like the milani lipsticks i've tried - the packaging is really nice too. i feel like the shiny gold shows wear and tear pretty easily, but the lipsticks overall are pretty durable and i've never had a lid pop off or crack in a purse. imho these look really elegant and expensive. im a big fan of milani's packaging in general.

i look forward to trying other shades once i run out of what i have. i would probably repurchase this if it were lighter, or if i could find a good lighter shade to mix it with.

*more detailed info on my undertones listed on my profile.

on 3/13/2018 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I had hopes this would be a MLBB shade on me (fair, neutral leaning cool), but it was way too dark and brown on, barely pink on me. I got 2 on a deal, planned on giving one to my sister, but ended up returning both. I have other Milani lippies and I'm sure this one is fine, quality-wise, I just didn't want to keep a shade I knew I wouldn't use.

on 3/11/2018 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm NC30 and have pigmented lips. It's very hard for me to find lipsticks that work because my lips are so pigmented. A lipstick has to have a depth of color for it to work for me. For me this is MLBB. It's kind of a rosy mauve with a little brown, too. It does have a weird fake watermelon smell to it bit it's not bad enough to be a deal breaker for me. No complaints about wear time or texture.

on 12/19/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Not the perfect color for me - just a tad on the dark side - but very close to perfect. Beautiful package, consistency and price (bought on Amazon), and I'll probably end up using it to the last drop unless I find my HG color (61 years old and still searching).

on 12/10/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Stopping at the store for a few groceries, as usual I find myself in the makeup aisle, spotting Milani Rose Femme. Recalling good reviews, and finding an already open tube, the color appeared to be a natural lip but darker rose/mauve neutral. (I also picked up matte blissful which I don't care for).

On me the color read a little different. Texture is a crème which dries somewhat to a matte. Initially, the color was a mauve with both cool and brown undertones (weird, but nice, no hint of rose). After drying it brightened up slightly to a more medium pink-y mauve, retaining a very sight brown undertone Nice enough, I'll wear it occasionally but it's not something I would run out to purchase again.

My skintone is light/medium (NW 30 or 35 I think) and I think this didn't have quite enough oomph for me. I think it would look great on the very fair or darker toned ladies.

Of note is the fake candy taste and smell when applied, but it wears off quickly. Also, like another shade in this line (nude crème) it is slightly drying but not terribly so,

Great color. Great price. Great formula. Overall a winner for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I looked for this in 5 CVS stores (yep, I said 5) and each one was sold out of the Rose Femme. It became a real quest to find it so on the way home today, I took a detour to check out one more CVS, and they had it!

Other than the fact that it is difficult to find, it's an awesome lipstick. It looked pretty dark in the tube (I'm fair and don't like dark lipsticks) but when I put it on, it was a mauvey rose shade with just a hint of brown to keep it from looking too bright. It appears darker and more plum-toned the heavier it is applied. Perfect for my cooler skin tone. It goes on smoothly and is long lasting, not dry or cakey at all. Gives a nice stain to the lips that wears off evenly. As good as or better than any dept store lipstick.

Definitely could see this as a HG lipstick for me.

on 6/10/2015 3:04:00 PM

I finally bought this due to my interest really being sparked by plenty of online reviews and images. Sadly, this rosy, mauve-brown was a miss for me. It's too close to my skin color and that translates as a boring, nondescript nude. On ladies with lighter complexions there will be more of a contrast, giving if desired, that much sought after Kylie Jenner lip. Aside from the color issue, I just have to rave about Milani's incredible formula. This lipstick and several other Color Statement lippies I have, all give excellent color pay-off, have the right amount of cream, glide on easily, and do last. All the qualities I love! So even though Rose Femme won't be joining my rotation, it certainly isn't because of a subpar formulation.