Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.6

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 3/4/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this pressed powder. I needed something to replace my Chantecaille HD pressed powder and this exceeded my expectations. I purchased fair (I’m nc15/20) and I’m a true shade 2 (or 3 with fake tan) in CT foundations. To be fair shade range is awful but it barely adds colour to the face.

It’s super finely milled, doesn’t look cakey or chalky over foundation and it definitely smooths the appearance of the face do very flattering on older skin with pores and fine lines.

I didn’t find this to oxidize

on 5/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a 'nope' from me.
Pros
-full coverage
-BEAUTIFUL packaging
-not tested on animals

Cons
-poor shade selection
-oxidises immediately
-far too expensive
-looks very fake and cakey on the skin
-small amount of powder

Bottom line:
I'm using this to finish it as I spent so much money, but it really oxidises and looks too heavy and cakey whether I apply it with a brush or puff

Alternatives:
Rimmel stay matte is 10x better for a pressed powder and is cheaper but the packaging is naff and not really travel friendly, but my Laura Mercier loose powder is tough to beat if you're not taking it anywhere.
For this price, and a powder in a traditional compact, I'm going to try the Jane Iredele pressed powder next.

on 11/1/2016 7:36:00 AM

Very good and very expensive powder.
Ideally ground giving a perfect, invisible effect .
A great product for people who appreciate natural effect and have money!
If you dream about it and you need to save your money for long time-forget it!
Mat for a long time without a mask effect, also for my mixed skin
No crumble in the pack-always looks good inside and on the face
Ideal under eye area
Totally inefficient !! in the middle of the month we have a bottom by application 1 a day.
Very good but too expensive.
If the price would be even 25 euro would be acceptable but 45 euro for product for 1 month-this is insane.
If you have money -buy it because is great, for the rest of the people -forget it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Love this time and time again

on 10/16/2016 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a very difficult time getting powders that don't sit on the lines under my eyes or look cakey. This is amazing - it's very fine and smooth - goes on beautifully and I can barely see it on my skin. I prefer it to my laura mercier powder. Charlotte T products are a mixed bag for me but this is the best

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging on this, as is the norm for CT, is lovely.

I have the powder in fair. I don't find that it oxidizes on me and it goes well on my nw/nc 15 neutral skin. This particular shade would probably be ok for up to an nc/nw 20.

The powder itself is very finely milled and has ingredients to make it particularly suited to drier skin types. It works wonderfully for me to set my undereyes and t-zone, where I apply it sparingly with a small brush. I find it works really well to give that "airbrushed effect". It minimizes my pores beautifully, doesn't emphasize fine lines, isn't cakey at all, isn't flat or powdery and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Bear in mind, my skin is not oily- I don't think it would be at all suited to combat oil.

I am taking off one lipppie, because this product does not come with a puff or sponge. While I generally applaud CT's choice to not waste space with applicators for her eyeshadows, blushes etc, I find it pointless to have this beautiful compact, that would be a pleasure to bring along for midday touch ups or travel, without its own puff. I'm not going to cart along a powder brush, and having to carry along a seperate puff kind of defeats the whole slim, elegant, convenient little compact thing. So this isn't my go-to to slip in my bag, when otherwise it would be.

So yeah, lovely powder for normal to dry skin. Is it worth the cost? I certainly enjoy using it, but am not completely certain of a repurchase. I guess we will see how posh I am feeling on the day I hit pan. ;)

on 3/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED REVIEW:

I bought my first compact in March 2016 and used it every morning to set my foundation. In October 2017, I still have a thin ring of powder around the pan. Each compact gives you eight grams of product. I just repurchased a new compact.

I'm fond of the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's Art Deco packaging. Even though it's plastic, the compact has a convincing rose gold metal look. The mirrored finish makes it a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise it's glam compared to my boring MAC Blot Powder case.

The powder comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Dark. I buy MAC Blot Powder in Medium, but bought the lightest shade available in this one, Fair, because other reviewers complained of it oxidizing. I have not noticed it turning darker on my skin but "Fair" does have a yellow undertone which may or may not be to your liking. There is some color in the powder. Technically it’s translucent and not as pigmented as a powder foundation, so it won’t give you that kind of coverage, but it’s not as invisible as colorless powders. Therefore if you purchase a shade that is too deep for your skin tone, it might darken your face too much.

I have combination skin that can get dry in desert climates or cold weather. This contains sweet almond oil and rose wax. Therefore, it's ideal for drier skins. I wouldn’t recommend this for acne-prone oily skin wanting to cut down on shine.

When I first dust this on, it doesn’t look remarkably different from any other setting powder, but half an hour later, the finish is soft and radiant instead of dry.

PROS:

1. This setting powder is great for normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin that's leaning dry. My skin is combination. On me it eventually settles into a dewy finish rather than a matte finish, as if I'm not wearing powder at all.

2. Feels weightless on my face, even after many hours. It's a finely milled powder, crafted in Italy.

3. I think if you have mature skin, you will appreciate the sweet almond oil and rose wax in this; it makes skin look younger than matte finishing powders do. If you have fine lines, you’ll love Airbrush Flawless Finish because it doesn't emphasize lines. I use this powder to set concealer under the eyes and it doesn’t make that area look dry or cracked.

4. It’s fragrance free.

5. Doesn’t look chalky.

6. There is no "flashback," as they say. The powder does not make your face look whiter.

7. The company doesn't do animal testing.

CON FOR THE OILY AND ACNE-PRONE:

This is not a blotting powder for oily skin. Although it contains some oil-absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica, and corn starch, this also contains oils and rose wax. If you have oily skin, this powder can make your skin shiny. Applying more and more to reduce shine will cause the powder to eventually cake up on oily skin. If you have large pores and want to control oil, use MAC Blot Powder or a different finishing powder, preferably one that's matte.

FINANCIAL CON:

This costs $45 per compact, which is a lot for powder. I like this a lot better than other powders designed for dry skin, which tend to feel heavy on my face after a few hours. However, if you’re just looking for a regular setting powder to have on your vanity, Flower Beauty makes one called Miracle Matte that costs less than ten dollars and will work for most skin types.

OTHER NOTES:

If you want the coverage of a powder foundation, this isn’t it. It’s a setting powder. A good one, if your skin is normal or dry.

This does not come with an application tool such as a puff or a brush.

There are only three colors and this does have some pigment in it. If you are between Fair and Medium, you may have to try this in person before you know whether the shade will work with your foundation.

In closing, I don’t recommend re-applying lots of layers of any powder multiple times during the day. Eventually it can become noticeable and unnatural-looking. Powders look best lightly dusted, or pressed gently against the skin.

INGREDIENTS:

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 2/25/2016 2:36:00 PM

I was concerned by reports of oxydisation, but mine never did that. I got the lightest shade 1 and it matches my pale face well. It is superfinely milled, invisible on the face and doesn't clog pores. I had to retouch after about 5 hours due to my oily T-zone, but I am yet to see a powder that doesn't need retouching after half a day. I have La Mer and Chanel loose powders, love them both, but this one is a great compact version. I am down to last bits in my compact and I think I will repurchase since it is also very handy for travel to use with a brush instead of loose powder. It is also pretty to look at and looks glam if you need to retouch your lipstick in public :)

on 1/4/2016 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It hurts me to give this a lower star review, but this product really did not work for me for one major reason: oxidation.

Charlotte Tilbury face products are notorious for oxidizing on skin. This isn't necessarily a problem unique to CT's line (many foundations oxidize to a degree due to skin chemistry), but it's a real bummer when it happens. I did not go full Oompa-Loompa orange with the oxidation, but it turned my skin a rosy-orange hue that was clearly contrasting with my cool, yellow-undertoned neck. The true unfortunate issue is that this happened very quickly in the first hour of wear and increased throughout the day.

Aside from this and should you be brave enough to pursue this further, the product is really quite good. It works marvelously on dry skin as a setting powder and it doesn't dry skin out any further. It sets it well and it really does make the skin look poreless. It definitely extended the wear of my foundation, even in winter.

I've only used this twice, but I'll be attempting to swap it. It's a real shame.

Pros:

- For dry-skinned folk, does not dry out skin or absorb moisture
- Makes skin look poreless
- Extends wear of foundations
- Packaging is gorgeous
- Powder is very light

Cons:

- Oxidizes heavily; turns a rosy-orange shade
- Expensive at $45

I just bought the second one :-) nice powder, good Matt effect, does exactly what it claims. One of my favourite pressed powders (also I love Gucci powder).

The powder tends to become darker on face. I would recommend to buy shade 1 if in Mac you are like NC25 and in Gucci powder 020. Also it doesn't last long.