Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.8

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I got this baby from a good friend of mine as a gift. And this product become one of my holy grail!
I used this for a long ass event, and this baby really worked. The shade is perfect for my skin (I used shade 2 Medium, btw) and it really stick my makeup together and controls my oily T-Zone area so wonderfully.
But, the cons of this product is the packaging, though the packaging is slim and easy to bring, this product doesn't have any applicator. There's no sponge or brush, so you have to buy them by yourself.

on 8/6/2016 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. I have had no allergic reaction to this powder, which is something I always have to watch for with new products. I have not had good luck with the Magic Foundation but the powder is lovely. I have 60-year-old skin which is pretty good but I have lots of hot flushes (when will it end!) and need powder to keep the shine at bay. This powder goes on nicely and does not look powdery at all and is truly finely milled. I always spritz with Mac Fix+ after to meld everything together. I have not experienced oxidation but my skin is on the peach side to begin with. Bought the shade medium. I am a NW25 in MAC Studio Sculpt and Pale Almond in Estee Lauder Futurist for reference. I would recommend this power for us older gals who feel the need. I also use NARS Light Reflecting Pressed and Guerlain Metorites but the Tilbury gives a more matte appearance. Depends what look you are going for.

on 3/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED REVIEW:

I bought my first compact in March 2016 and used it every morning to set my foundation. In October 2017, I still have a thin ring of powder around the pan. Each compact gives you eight grams of product. I just repurchased a new compact.

I'm fond of the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's Art Deco packaging. Even though it's plastic, the compact has a convincing rose gold metal look. The mirrored finish makes it a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise it's glam compared to my boring MAC Blot Powder case.

The powder comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Dark. I buy MAC Blot Powder in Medium, but bought the lightest shade available in this one, Fair, because other reviewers complained of it oxidizing. I have not noticed it turning darker on my skin but "Fair" does have a yellow undertone which may or may not be to your liking. There is some color in the powder. Technically it’s translucent and not as pigmented as a powder foundation, so it won’t give you that kind of coverage, but it’s not as invisible as colorless powders. Therefore if you purchase a shade that is too deep for your skin tone, it might darken your face too much.

I have combination skin that can get dry in desert climates or cold weather. This contains sweet almond oil and rose wax. Therefore, it's ideal for drier skins. I wouldn’t recommend this for acne-prone oily skin wanting to cut down on shine.

When I first dust this on, it doesn’t look remarkably different from any other setting powder, but half an hour later, the finish is soft and radiant instead of dry.

PROS:

1. This setting powder is great for normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin that's leaning dry. My skin is combination. On me it eventually settles into a dewy finish rather than a matte finish, as if I'm not wearing powder at all.

2. Feels weightless on my face, even after many hours. It's a finely milled powder, crafted in Italy.

3. I think if you have mature skin, you will appreciate the sweet almond oil and rose wax in this; it makes skin look younger than matte finishing powders do. If you have fine lines, you’ll love Airbrush Flawless Finish because it doesn't emphasize lines. I use this powder to set concealer under the eyes and it doesn’t make that area look dry or cracked.

4. It’s fragrance free.

5. Doesn’t look chalky.

6. There is no "flashback," as they say. The powder does not make your face look whiter.

7. The company doesn't do animal testing.

CON FOR THE OILY AND ACNE-PRONE:

This is not a blotting powder for oily skin. Although it contains some oil-absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica, and corn starch, this also contains oils and rose wax. If you have oily skin, this powder can make your skin shiny. Applying more and more to reduce shine will cause the powder to eventually cake up on oily skin. If you have large pores and want to control oil, use MAC Blot Powder or a different finishing powder, preferably one that's matte.

FINANCIAL CON:

This costs $45 per compact, which is a lot for powder. I like this a lot better than other powders designed for dry skin, which tend to feel heavy on my face after a few hours. However, if you’re just looking for a regular setting powder to have on your vanity, Flower Beauty makes one called Miracle Matte that costs less than ten dollars and will work for most skin types.

OTHER NOTES:

If you want the coverage of a powder foundation, this isn’t it. It’s a setting powder. A good one, if your skin is normal or dry.

This does not come with an application tool such as a puff or a brush.

There are only three colors and this does have some pigment in it. If you are between Fair and Medium, you may have to try this in person before you know whether the shade will work with your foundation.

In closing, I don’t recommend re-applying lots of layers of any powder multiple times during the day. Eventually it can become noticeable and unnatural-looking. Powders look best lightly dusted, or pressed gently against the skin.

INGREDIENTS:

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this feather light powder in Fair 1, it disappears on my nc18 skin and it doesn't oxidise on me. The effect is matte but not too matte and doesn't stick to my dry spots. I love this on summer days/busy days and for touch ups during the day. Best non shiny powder I've used ever!

The packaging is a bit flimsy, I could be a bit more heavy and nicer material.

on 1/26/2015 10:54:00 AM

I'm pale so the light version was a good color for me, but the texture was wrong for use on dry skin as a setting powder. It clings to dry patches and went blotchy. I much prefer the Laura Mercier loose setting powder or the MFE pressed HD powder. But the packaging is beautiful. Unfortunately, the performance of the product was so bad I wouldn't keep it even for my purse.