Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.5

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

HG powder. It's the one that my friends always ask if I have on me followed by, "Ohhhh, this is SO nice". It's light and looks invisible on the skin. Love the sleek compact.

I really wanted to like this product after all the positive reviews, however, I really have not liked it. It's really matte, but most of all, I don't find that it airbrushes my skin - it oxidizes and turns orange (I have color 2), and weirdest of all, it has a "olive green" tint to it when you first put it on.

Definitely not worth the money. I've been so disappointed by CT face products.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a luxurious powder I didn't know I needed. It is smoothing and mattifying, and sets foundation and concealer like a dream. It is so finely milled so I use sparingly under my eyes and layer in my T-zone, where it controls oil pretty well.

The shade range is quite narrow, but since this powder is not designed to provide coverage it isn't a problem for me (I'm an NC20), although I do think at least 3 darker shades should be added.

I highly recommend this powder even with the hefty pricetag. CT doesn't test on animals and that was a big reason I started buying her stuff.

on 8/20/2018 1:00:00 AM

I like this powder but minus two lippies because it doesn't give me as good coverage as my MAC mineralize skinfinish and its lasting power is meh.

The powder is nice and soft and makes me feel super airbrushed. The shade medium matches my NC25-NC30 skin tone really well too. I use this alone after moisturizing and it'll last as long as I don't touch my face to anything. I think this powder is best if you use a liquid or cream foundation/concealer under it, but you can't wear it alone like MAC mineralize skinfinish.

on 7/24/2018 7:28:00 PM

I'm on my second one of these, and I have two back-ups. I love this powder, but I don't like the price. But this powder is sooooo good for setting my undereye concealer, so I will use up my stock and then see if I want to buy more.

on 2/20/2018 11:13:00 AM

This is my favourite compact powder. I’ve repurchased it four or five times and I swear I won’t come back to my former favourite: Chanel’s Poudre Universelle Compacte.
The powder doesn’t look heavy on my face. In fact, it is translucent, but gives a slightly „blurry” finish which is very flattering as I’m in my early 40s. It has never broken me out (while other powders have), it has a very aesthetically pleasing compact in rose gold with a nice CT logo and with a mirror inside. The compact is lightweight, I can even put it in a pocket if I don’t carry a bag. The colour is perfect for me (I’m MAC NC15, Chanel B10) and I would describe it as a neutral fair with a slightest yellow undertone.

on 1/27/2018 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Charlotte Tilbury is a bit of a hit and miss with me, and this powder I’m afraid goes on the will not repurchase list.

At £33 and formulated by a top make up artist you would think this will perform wonders. It looks brilliant on first application, the flawless airbrush finish it promises and it goes into fine lines very well.

However this oxides on my face like crazy making me look like a Oompa Loompa within the hour. I have no idea why as my other powders seem fine. Even when I get my make up done at the boutique and they use it on me still turn burnt orange in a few hours.

Packaging is nice, slim and sleek to add into a bag.

on 7/4/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly, I wasn't too keen on this product after it arrived (CT products not available to test in my country so I had to buy it sight unseen). I had intended to use it instead of foundation as my skin is fairly even, and when I put it on, I swore that it made absolutely no difference to my "before" face - all the lines and imperfections on my face were still visible and were not blurred in the slightest. I could use a much cheaper powder as a finishing powder - I bought this one for the "blur". BUT! I am currently on maternity leave and have broken out all over my face to accompany my new dark circles. The product does nothing for the dark circles, however I am amazed by how it has softened the redness of the breakouts to fade them to the background. The breakouts are still visible, but they don't announce my appearance in the room anymore. Blur achieved! I continue to use my cheaper powders as a finishing powder, because I still think that there isn't much difference between the two as a finishing powder, but am happy with this one for no-make-up-breakout days. The only reason I wouldn't re-purchase is the price.

on 5/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a 'nope' from me.
Pros
-full coverage
-BEAUTIFUL packaging
-not tested on animals

Cons
-poor shade selection
-oxidises immediately
-far too expensive
-looks very fake and cakey on the skin
-small amount of powder

Bottom line:
I'm using this to finish it as I spent so much money, but it really oxidises and looks too heavy and cakey whether I apply it with a brush or puff

Alternatives:
Rimmel stay matte is 10x better for a pressed powder and is cheaper but the packaging is naff and not really travel friendly, but my Laura Mercier loose powder is tough to beat if you're not taking it anywhere.
For this price, and a powder in a traditional compact, I'm going to try the Jane Iredele pressed powder next.

I read the Paula's choice product reviews that this is a great powder, so I tried it and I love it. I use it in medium. I wish they had maybe a few more colors. Like one between medium and dark. But I use this then guerlains limited edition India terra-cotta bronzer over the top cuz it gives just the slightest added color. But this powder is amazing. I'm almost 55 and it doesn't make my skin dry, and it smells great too. 7/18 still in love, with this... I put it away to try other brands, nah had to go back to CT. She doesn’t have a ton of products, and let me tell you she doesn’t need a ton. No need to have 5 different compacts. When you get it right there’s no need to create any other. Thanks CHARLOTTE for not having a bunch of different kind of products to make the decision making difficult. One face cream. One cleanser, one powder... love CT