Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.9

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 7/24/2018 7:28:00 PM

I'm on my second one of these, and I have two back-ups. I love this powder, but I don't like the price. But this powder is sooooo good for setting my undereye concealer, so I will use up my stock and then see if I want to buy more.

on 3/4/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love this pressed powder. I needed something to replace my Chantecaille HD pressed powder and this exceeded my expectations. I purchased fair (I’m nc15/20) and I’m a true shade 2 (or 3 with fake tan) in CT foundations. To be fair shade range is awful but it barely adds colour to the face.

It’s super finely milled, doesn’t look cakey or chalky over foundation and it definitely smooths the appearance of the face do very flattering on older skin with pores and fine lines.

I didn’t find this to oxidize

on 2/20/2018 11:13:00 AM

This is my favourite compact powder. I’ve repurchased it four or five times and I swear I won’t come back to my former favourite: Chanel’s Poudre Universelle Compacte.
The powder doesn’t look heavy on my face. In fact, it is translucent, but gives a slightly „blurry” finish which is very flattering as I’m in my early 40s. It has never broken me out (while other powders have), it has a very aesthetically pleasing compact in rose gold with a nice CT logo and with a mirror inside. The compact is lightweight, I can even put it in a pocket if I don’t carry a bag. The colour is perfect for me (I’m MAC NC15, Chanel B10) and I would describe it as a neutral fair with a slightest yellow undertone.

on 11/11/2017 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this pressed powder way more than any other pressed powder I have tried before. I have very sensitive dry skin with rosacea. This product does not accentuate my dry skin, does not irritate my skin or my rosacea. In addition, since I don't like a heavy make up look it works really well without a foundation underneath to make me look like I'm wearing makeup without having to cake it on. It has a great texture to it and feels silky smooth on.

My only thing is the only place for me to get it is online and it is pretty expensive because it goes fast if you use it every day.

on 5/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a 'nope' from me.
Pros
-full coverage
-BEAUTIFUL packaging
-not tested on animals

Cons
-poor shade selection
-oxidises immediately
-far too expensive
-looks very fake and cakey on the skin
-small amount of powder

Bottom line:
I'm using this to finish it as I spent so much money, but it really oxidises and looks too heavy and cakey whether I apply it with a brush or puff

Alternatives:
Rimmel stay matte is 10x better for a pressed powder and is cheaper but the packaging is naff and not really travel friendly, but my Laura Mercier loose powder is tough to beat if you're not taking it anywhere.
For this price, and a powder in a traditional compact, I'm going to try the Jane Iredele pressed powder next.

on 10/26/2016 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although I don't know many other powders to compare this to, I find this product amazing. I regularly use several of the Hourglass Ambient powders but recently I was also looking for something matte and I was encouraged by the many positive reviews on the Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. I am quite fair (about NW15 for reference) and I use Shade 1 Fair in this powder which is a soft cream white, without leaning too yellow. The color match is perfect and the quality of the powder is nothing short of outstanding because it is extremely creamy and finely milled. My skin seems to somehow absorb it instead of it sitting on top of my face, so it doesn't look chalky or ashy like some other powders can. It also isn't drying or overly matte, it has more of a velvety finish. The powder looks completely natural, blurring imperfections and evening out redness. Last but not least, it hasn't irritated my skin. Packaging is pretty, a rose gold colored mirrored oval compact which looks glam and it's sturdy and pleasant to use, but not too bulky for travel or touch ups on the go. At $45 for 0.28oz/8g I feel it's a worthy splurge and I will certainly repurchase when I run out.

on 6/24/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree with the reviewer below who said that this is a good powder for dry skin or those who aren't fans of powders, which describes me well. My HG is Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, one of the only powders I've found that doesn't feel heavy or look cakey on my very sensitive, normal to slightly dry skin. But this has also been a lovely option for setting liquid TM's and foundations, though I think it does add a bit of color to my N10 skin (I have 1 Fair).

The texture is really soft and fine, with that silky texture that picks up on a brush easily. It doesn't kick up a bunch of powder when I I swirl my brush into it, or look dusty on top of my skin. That my biggest concern with wearing powder, and that awful build up that can cling to dry patches or make my foundation look patchy. This buffs into my skin imperceptibly and feels really comfortable. I don't have that tight sensation after using it like all of my skin's natural moisture has just been powdered away.

Describing powder finishes always seems hard to do, but this doesn't appear matte or flat in any way. It's like a natural, velvety satin that isn't light reflective or "coated." Depending on how much I apply, I think it seems to be pretty adaptive to whatever foundation type I'm wearing underneath.

I like the vintage look of the packaging, and it's sturdy so I'm not worried about carrying it with me in my purse. I still prefer the Nars powder, but I'm really happy with this and I love how well it works on my reactive skin.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging on this, as is the norm for CT, is lovely.

I have the powder in fair. I don't find that it oxidizes on me and it goes well on my nw/nc 15 neutral skin. This particular shade would probably be ok for up to an nc/nw 20.

The powder itself is very finely milled and has ingredients to make it particularly suited to drier skin types. It works wonderfully for me to set my undereyes and t-zone, where I apply it sparingly with a small brush. I find it works really well to give that "airbrushed effect". It minimizes my pores beautifully, doesn't emphasize fine lines, isn't cakey at all, isn't flat or powdery and lasts throughout the day with minimal touch ups. Bear in mind, my skin is not oily- I don't think it would be at all suited to combat oil.

I am taking off one lipppie, because this product does not come with a puff or sponge. While I generally applaud CT's choice to not waste space with applicators for her eyeshadows, blushes etc, I find it pointless to have this beautiful compact, that would be a pleasure to bring along for midday touch ups or travel, without its own puff. I'm not going to cart along a powder brush, and having to carry along a seperate puff kind of defeats the whole slim, elegant, convenient little compact thing. So this isn't my go-to to slip in my bag, when otherwise it would be.

So yeah, lovely powder for normal to dry skin. Is it worth the cost? I certainly enjoy using it, but am not completely certain of a repurchase. I guess we will see how posh I am feeling on the day I hit pan. ;)

on 3/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

UPDATED REVIEW:

I bought my first compact in March 2016 and used it every morning to set my foundation. In October 2017, I still have a thin ring of powder around the pan. Each compact gives you eight grams of product. I just repurchased a new compact.

I'm fond of the Golden Age of Hollywood, so I enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's Art Deco packaging. Even though it's plastic, the compact has a convincing rose gold metal look. The mirrored finish makes it a bit of a fingerprint magnet, but otherwise it's glam compared to my boring MAC Blot Powder case.

The powder comes in three shades: Fair, Medium, and Dark. I buy MAC Blot Powder in Medium, but bought the lightest shade available in this one, Fair, because other reviewers complained of it oxidizing. I have not noticed it turning darker on my skin but "Fair" does have a yellow undertone which may or may not be to your liking. There is some color in the powder. Technically it’s translucent and not as pigmented as a powder foundation, so it won’t give you that kind of coverage, but it’s not as invisible as colorless powders. Therefore if you purchase a shade that is too deep for your skin tone, it might darken your face too much.

I have combination skin that can get dry in desert climates or cold weather. This contains sweet almond oil and rose wax. Therefore, it's ideal for drier skins. I wouldn’t recommend this for acne-prone oily skin wanting to cut down on shine.

When I first dust this on, it doesn’t look remarkably different from any other setting powder, but half an hour later, the finish is soft and radiant instead of dry.

PROS:

1. This setting powder is great for normal skin, dry skin, or combination skin that's leaning dry. My skin is combination. On me it eventually settles into a dewy finish rather than a matte finish, as if I'm not wearing powder at all.

2. Feels weightless on my face, even after many hours. It's a finely milled powder, crafted in Italy.

3. I think if you have mature skin, you will appreciate the sweet almond oil and rose wax in this; it makes skin look younger than matte finishing powders do. If you have fine lines, you’ll love Airbrush Flawless Finish because it doesn't emphasize lines. I use this powder to set concealer under the eyes and it doesn’t make that area look dry or cracked.

4. It’s fragrance free.

5. Doesn’t look chalky.

6. There is no "flashback," as they say. The powder does not make your face look whiter.

7. The company doesn't do animal testing.

CON FOR THE OILY AND ACNE-PRONE:

This is not a blotting powder for oily skin. Although it contains some oil-absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica, and corn starch, this also contains oils and rose wax. If you have oily skin, this powder can make your skin shiny. Applying more and more to reduce shine will cause the powder to eventually cake up on oily skin. If you have large pores and want to control oil, use MAC Blot Powder or a different finishing powder, preferably one that's matte.

FINANCIAL CON:

This costs $45 per compact, which is a lot for powder. I like this a lot better than other powders designed for dry skin, which tend to feel heavy on my face after a few hours. However, if you’re just looking for a regular setting powder to have on your vanity, Flower Beauty makes one called Miracle Matte that costs less than ten dollars and will work for most skin types.

OTHER NOTES:

If you want the coverage of a powder foundation, this isn’t it. It’s a setting powder. A good one, if your skin is normal or dry.

This does not come with an application tool such as a puff or a brush.

There are only three colors and this does have some pigment in it. If you are between Fair and Medium, you may have to try this in person before you know whether the shade will work with your foundation.

In closing, I don’t recommend re-applying lots of layers of any powder multiple times during the day. Eventually it can become noticeable and unnatural-looking. Powders look best lightly dusted, or pressed gently against the skin.

INGREDIENTS:

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this feather light powder in Fair 1, it disappears on my nc18 skin and it doesn't oxidise on me. The effect is matte but not too matte and doesn't stick to my dry spots. I love this on summer days/busy days and for touch ups during the day. Best non shiny powder I've used ever!

The packaging is a bit flimsy, I could be a bit more heavy and nicer material.