Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting PowderAirbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

3.9

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

on 5/5/2016 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Right out of the gate, I returned this. I loved the packaging but didn't love the product so back it went. It was just a normal, sort of chalky, basic powder that didn't do anything magical or even that remotely effective. For the price I expect something unique or at least workable. This powder was neither.

on 6/15/2015 5:58:00 PM

After reading and hearing of the hype surrounding this product on blogs and you tube I felt compelled to buy it. The packaging truly is beautiful but im more about the product than the box and the product just doesn't work for me. This powder does the same on my face as MAC Mineralize skinfinish natural does.....looks great right after application but an hour or 2 after i am a shiny, oily mess with a unattractive film over my skin. It also oxidises and goes very dark/orange. Yes it does matte your skin down without dryness or weight...and it looks great but not for long. Seriously save your money and get this instead. http://www.muastore.co.uk/pro-base-pressed-powder ...it does the same job but without the nasty after effect or the price tag.

on 1/26/2015 10:54:00 AM

I'm pale so the light version was a good color for me, but the texture was wrong for use on dry skin as a setting powder. It clings to dry patches and went blotchy. I much prefer the Laura Mercier loose setting powder or the MFE pressed HD powder. But the packaging is beautiful. Unfortunately, the performance of the product was so bad I wouldn't keep it even for my purse.

on 12/29/2014 4:46:00 AM

This stuff is gorgeous but it oxidises so badly. So badly. I'm really upset because it was an expensive Christmas gift from my boyfriend and I can't use it without looking orange.

I really wanted to like this product after all the positive reviews, however, I really have not liked it. It's really matte, but most of all, I don't find that it airbrushes my skin - it oxidizes and turns orange (I have color 2), and weirdest of all, it has a "olive green" tint to it when you first put it on.

Definitely not worth the money. I've been so disappointed by CT face products.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was very hesitant to buy this powder at first since the extremely small color range threw me off a bit.

the powder is super finely milled and goes on smoothly. it instantly adjusted to my skin tone and made my complexion look smooth without being cakey.
HOWEVER, this does not control oil AT ALL! i have dry to combination skin and my face looks straight up shiny and gross after one hour, despite using setting spray...

i might keep this as a compact mirror in my purse though since i like the the packaging so much.

on 1/27/2018 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Charlotte Tilbury is a bit of a hit and miss with me, and this powder I’m afraid goes on the will not repurchase list.

At £33 and formulated by a top make up artist you would think this will perform wonders. It looks brilliant on first application, the flawless airbrush finish it promises and it goes into fine lines very well.

However this oxides on my face like crazy making me look like a Oompa Loompa within the hour. I have no idea why as my other powders seem fine. Even when I get my make up done at the boutique and they use it on me still turn burnt orange in a few hours.

Packaging is nice, slim and sleek to add into a bag.

on 5/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a 'nope' from me.
Pros
-full coverage
-BEAUTIFUL packaging
-not tested on animals

Cons
-poor shade selection
-oxidises immediately
-far too expensive
-looks very fake and cakey on the skin
-small amount of powder

Bottom line:
I'm using this to finish it as I spent so much money, but it really oxidises and looks too heavy and cakey whether I apply it with a brush or puff

Alternatives:
Rimmel stay matte is 10x better for a pressed powder and is cheaper but the packaging is naff and not really travel friendly, but my Laura Mercier loose powder is tough to beat if you're not taking it anywhere.
For this price, and a powder in a traditional compact, I'm going to try the Jane Iredele pressed powder next.

on 3/18/2017 11:34:00 AM

I love this product but the price is absurd for the small amount you get. The powder gives a lovely porcelain doll look to the skin and I'd buy it again if you got more product for the money but this is ridiculous. Plus, drop the compact at your peril, the powder breaks apart very easily.

About 20 - 25 pounds would be a much fairer price for this and I can't understand why CT doesn't realise it. I'd happily pay more for more product but this is unacceptable. Packaging feels cheap too,

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

All I can say about this, is the packaging is beautiful!
Far too subtle, not nearly enough coverage.. didn't look like I'd got anything on. Personally I like heavier coverage powders. This would be OK on someone young with near perfect skin, who only needs a very slight sheer coverage. Update...... Also it oxidises after about half an hour and goes bright orange....... Horrible! Looks like badly applied fake tan.