Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish
Airbrush Flawless FinishAirbrush Flawless FinishAirbrush Flawless Finish

3.9

TALC, MICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRLATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CHLORPHENESIN, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PEI-10, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROSA MULTIFLORA FLOWER WAX, TETRASODIUM EDTA, WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONOL, TILIA CORDATA FLOWER EXTRACT (TILIA CORDATA EXTRACT), METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON

This is a nice setting powder. I use her brush (that she uses for the filmstar bronze and glow) and I lightly brush over my t-zone after foundation. The price per oz is very high compared to other brands, and the packaging, while pretty, is not actually metal. It seems like a cheap coated plastic, which tells me it may not have longevity. Therefore, I do not take this compact with me, for fear of the package itself, or the product inside shattering. It's a stay-at-home product.

on 7/6/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this powder as a setting powder with the magic foundation. I love it!!!! When you use her brush and tap it into the skin, it gives my skin a very airbrushed look. My pores and texture look A LOT better. It's amazing. The only thing that sucks is how fast I go through it. I will have to repurchase it quicker than my other compact powders, but maybe I use it much more. It's also quite finely milled. It's so finely milled that when I brush it on I can't feel anything. It doesn't have flashback. The packaging is nice.

on 7/4/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Honestly, I wasn't too keen on this product after it arrived (CT products not available to test in my country so I had to buy it sight unseen). I had intended to use it instead of foundation as my skin is fairly even, and when I put it on, I swore that it made absolutely no difference to my "before" face - all the lines and imperfections on my face were still visible and were not blurred in the slightest. I could use a much cheaper powder as a finishing powder - I bought this one for the "blur". BUT! I am currently on maternity leave and have broken out all over my face to accompany my new dark circles. The product does nothing for the dark circles, however I am amazed by how it has softened the redness of the breakouts to fade them to the background. The breakouts are still visible, but they don't announce my appearance in the room anymore. Blur achieved! I continue to use my cheaper powders as a finishing powder, because I still think that there isn't much difference between the two as a finishing powder, but am happy with this one for no-make-up-breakout days. The only reason I wouldn't re-purchase is the price.

on 5/25/2017 7:25:00 AM

This is a 'nope' from me.
Pros
-full coverage
-BEAUTIFUL packaging
-not tested on animals

Cons
-poor shade selection
-oxidises immediately
-far too expensive
-looks very fake and cakey on the skin
-small amount of powder

Bottom line:
I'm using this to finish it as I spent so much money, but it really oxidises and looks too heavy and cakey whether I apply it with a brush or puff

Alternatives:
Rimmel stay matte is 10x better for a pressed powder and is cheaper but the packaging is naff and not really travel friendly, but my Laura Mercier loose powder is tough to beat if you're not taking it anywhere.
For this price, and a powder in a traditional compact, I'm going to try the Jane Iredele pressed powder next.

on 3/18/2017 11:34:00 AM

I love this product but the price is absurd for the small amount you get. The powder gives a lovely porcelain doll look to the skin and I'd buy it again if you got more product for the money but this is ridiculous. Plus, drop the compact at your peril, the powder breaks apart very easily.

About 20 - 25 pounds would be a much fairer price for this and I can't understand why CT doesn't realise it. I'd happily pay more for more product but this is unacceptable. Packaging feels cheap too,

I read the Paula's choice product reviews that this is a great powder, so I tried it and I love it. I use it in medium. I wish they had maybe a few more colors. Like one between medium and dark. But I use this then guerlains limited edition India terra-cotta bronzer over the top cuz it gives just the slightest added color. But this powder is amazing. I'm almost 55 and it doesn't make my skin dry, and it smells great too.

on 11/29/2016 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've used this enough to hit pan on it, so I have to say my overall opinion is sort of wishy washy on the product.
Packaging is gorgeous as are all of her products; I love Art Deco and rose gold. The powder itself is very silky, finely milled and medium matches my NC25 complexion very nicely.
HOWEVER, I would not repurchase. I feel like it's very $ for the amount you get. On me ( I have to stress this is me; ymmv) this tends to oxidize and cake up when used for touch ups and that's what I bought it for.
I'll use it up but I can't justify shelling out the $ again for this powder. I love Tell Laura in the newest lipstick collection and her blush is the best I've used to date, so I don't blame the line itself for my experience.
For my dry to combination skin I really like MAC Studio Careblend and it's far cheaper.

on 11/21/2016 3:09:00 AM

I have only used this a handful of times and here are my findings thus far;

- It is not ideal for long-lasting full coverage as the Charlotte Tilbury website suggests. In fact, the coverage is negligible.
- The packaging is plastic and whilst it looks beautiful it feels cheap in the hand.
- The powder is very finely milled and does not look cakey on my skin at all.

My problem with a lot of other powders I have tried (Tom Ford, NARS, Chanel. By Terry, Hourglass, RMCA, Burberry) is it can look cakey/powdery if I am heavy handed, even when I set it with a setting spray like Urban Decay, MAC Fix + or rose water. This is the first powder I have tried which does not set into my fine lines and does not break down on my skin after a long day.

I have not experienced any oxidation and I think it is how I am using the powder. I use very little of it - using a Wayne Goss The Air Brush, I set my undereye concealer and my t-zone. Perhaps I use so little of it even if there is oxidation, it is not very noticeable.

I am really enjoying this powder thus far and will update my review my views change in the future.

on 11/7/2016 5:33:00 AM

I have always hated powder until I found this. Definitely HOLY GRAIL status. I've tried all the oh so famous powders in the market and nothing beat this. It's so finely milled and smooth and undetectable on the skin. My skin is combo, so a tiny bit oily in the T-zone but dry everywhere else and this powder does wonder for my skin. Having said that, I don't have the oiliest of skin so I don't need as much oil control.
Pros
Great texture, fine and smooth.
Undetectable on the skin, very very natural, non-cakey.
Blurs out pores and set my under-eye concealer well.
Cons:
Expensive.
Oil control might not be substantial enough on oily skin
Limited shade range.

on 11/1/2016 7:36:00 AM

Very good and very expensive powder.
Ideally ground giving a perfect, invisible effect .
A great product for people who appreciate natural effect and have money!
If you dream about it and you need to save your money for long time-forget it!
Mat for a long time without a mask effect, also for my mixed skin
No crumble in the pack-always looks good inside and on the face
Ideal under eye area
Totally inefficient !! in the middle of the month we have a bottom by application 1 a day.
Very good but too expensive.
If the price would be even 25 euro would be acceptable but 45 euro for product for 1 month-this is insane.
If you have money -buy it because is great, for the rest of the people -forget it.