83%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Not a bad shampoo I reach for this secondary to my Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo because it cleanses my oily scalp better, but good price and goes a long way.

About reviewer (223 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I meant to review this *ages* ago after I received a sample. As soon as the sample was gone, I bought a bottle & never looked back. Love this like crazy. The scent is beyond wonderful - seriously - they had me at the scent alone. I wish I could list the notes that are in it, but what I *can* say is that, to me, it smells like a walk, deep in the woods in California. (And the matching conditioner smells the same way. YAY!) It is extremely concentrated, and I always forget that & use much more than what is necessary. I can tell because the amount of lather I get is always way over the top, so I caution you to use less than you usually do. It rinses out easily, & leaves my thin hair with considerable volume, which never happens with a shampoo alone. It's also super shiny, manageable, etc. and sometimes I detect a faint whiff of the heavenly scent. (If DryBar ever decides to bottle this scent, I'm there!) So, yes, this shampoo is a major winner for me. Yes, it costs more than many others out there, but it's a constant in my rotation.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

I hated this shampoo. It smelled funky, and it did not remove the oil from my scalp. I even washed and rinsed twice. I didn't really need extra volume, which was good, because it didn't add any.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

from

4 years ago

Only used this one time (today) after I randomly grabbed a sample at Sephora knowing the Dry Bar brand but not checking here at MUA (as I usually do before buying something for the first time). Have to say I was dazzled with it upon first use today - my hair looks super. It is "low lather" as another reviewer comments which I do not like at all, but I really love the smell and the outcome of this. I was a skeptic myself because of the brand but this really worked wonders for me and I'll probably buy a bottle now and see if I can continue to get these great effects when using it regularly. Update: I finished this review sitting at a Starbucks coffee and right after submitting it someone came up to tell me what nice hair I have. No joke. That never happens to me either. Wow - this stuff really does work!

About reviewer (325 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

5 years ago

This caught me by surprise. A manufacturer hooks up with an existing successful business and "brands" it as though it was developed "exclusively" by Drybar - like a celebrity clothing line! So I used the sample shampoo and conditioner from Sephora and I got marvelously silky hair with no frizz and a lot of bounce. I must say I also use L'Oreal Volume Gelee before styling, however that doesn't smooth out my frizz like this It is a low lather shampoo and not much was contained in the samples but it did the job. Likewise just a small amount of the conditioner gave me weightless moisture. The conditioner isn't heavy and creamy but it really seems to sink in, Reminds me of MOP conditioner - just a little and you have very moisturized hair. Guess I'm in for the Texas Tea but I hear it's excessively expensive.

About reviewer (478 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Got this as a sample... I try to stretch the time between washings out as much as I can, to reduce wear and tear on my hair (hey, it rhymes); I also dread blow-out mornings. I was pleasantly surprised with this unreviewed shampoo, as I made it four days before another wash was needed, including using the companion conditioner from roots to tips. Right up there with my go-to products. I have a lot of fine hair, FYI; no problems with greasiness or straw-like texture at all.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral