4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

this came with a nice bundle from simpleskin, it had a wash cloth in it , a moisturizing wash and this. I only really liked this one and the cloth. the wash was bad but this product convinced me this brand can do well. they have nice concept. I thought it was sunscreen at first lol, it was summer when I tried this , but then later realized it was a moisturizer. pros: -excellent packaging, pump is amazing, you can put as much as you want -affordable -fast absorbing semi liquid formula. -SPF 30!!! -works incredibly well under makeup, can be used as primer! especially on non oily areas. -decent amount of product, can last months. cons: -not cruelty free[some of their products have beeswax , not sure about this one.] -for oily or combination skin types it can be a tad too moisturizing. I realized I did get a tiny bit more oily than usual with this, [but I didn't mind. personally, I just didn't apply it on tzone and I used a thin layer of it] - difficult to find if you're not in the UK. my sister got it as a gift from someone but I asked around about it and I still don't know which retailer sells it. [not really an issue if you buy online or have a known retailer for it]

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

A great product for the price which works well under makeup. Feels lovely on the skin and not at all greasy. Takes a minute for the white cast to be absorbed after application but that's because of the mineral SPF. Fantastic value as it's frequently on special offer in UK drugstores. Being so affordable it's definitely worth a try.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Overall a great product, people need to know about this! It's highly underrated. This is my basic daytime moisturizer and first layer of SPF products. - Affordable price - Suitable for sensitive skin (Simple avoids using irritating ingredients like fragrance) - Sensible packaging; non messy pump, no waste, hygienic, doesn't leak and opaque - SPF 30! Wear SPF people! (I also use additional sunscreen after this) - Seems ok with my other products (skincare, makeup etc), doesn't normally pill Caveats: - Takes a few minutes to absorb, but that's ok it does sink in if you give it some time - Slight whiteish tint (probs due to sunscreen) but this is not noticeable once absorbed. I must point out that I am very pale, so I really don't know how this looks on dark skin tones. - I personally prefer a slightly more matte texture, but this isn't overly moist and have not had problems after makeup + powder

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Excellent moisturiser for the price, especially as it has SPF 30 in it. My skin is looking lovely with this and it is such good value for money. Will be sticking with this, performs much better than pricier brands!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

One of the best daily SPF30 broad spectrum facial skin moisturisers i have utilised of late. I have used many dermatological and cosmetic surgeon prescribed high end cosmeceuticals in the past. Many were adequate at shielding my skin from UVA and UVB radiation however they are no more efficacious than this little gem from simple , yet at a fraction of the price of the so called physicians formulas. This Protection from UVA is vitally important if you are addressing extrinsic skin degradation with a retinol at night which can leave your skin dehydrated and sensitive.This moisture cream is like an oasis of skin calm. I can truly understand why its a top selling product. You dont need any higher SPF than 30. its the titanium oxide thats the active UVA protectant in this cream that is important. SPF 50 70 or 90 in the USA is just marketing of chemical sunscreens which is in turn very irritating to skin causing skin ageing inflammation.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

Waste of money. I felt immediate burning sensation under my skin after applying it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Great product! SPF30 and only a fiver. Easy to apply and pleasant smell. Everyday necessity.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this moisturiser! It's really reasonable and absorbs into the skin really quickly. This moisturiser also contains an SPF of 30 which is something that is really important to me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My skin is (annoyingly) the type of skin that reacts to products which are supposedly designed specifically for it. Having tried Simple products before without much success, I was hesitant to try this, but I'm pleased to report I'm glad I did! As the name suggests, this is a simple moisturising cream suitable for every day use, with the added bonus of having SPF30 for UVA/UVB protection. Although I've found this heavier than a lot of other creams I've tried, it's never made my skin feel greasy or oily, has never made my skin react and it sinks in really quickly too. As with other Simple products this is fragrance free, has no artifical perfume or colour and includes vitamins B3 and E plus glycerin and sweet almond oil, all of which are supposed to be good for the skin. For £4.99 I would definitely repurchase this cream, especially for the summer months when a higher SPF is required (and preferred). The only reason for my 4/5 rating is the bottle it comes in, which although has a really great pump action top (meaning dispensing the product is super easy) it's completely opaque so you have no way of knowing how much you've got left/how much you've used. Other than that though, this is a really good cream.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

after only using this once, i fell in love! i used my cousins and that day ran out and bought my own, very excited to use this on holiday. as someone with a very oily t zone and dry patches on my cheeks, i find it very difficult to find skin care that works for me, that doesn't dry my skin out or make me any oily (i get shiny within half an hour of cleansing!) this was a god send as it doesn't exaggerate my dry patches or make me an oil slick within minutes, it almost mattifies me!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18