DESSANGE PARIS CALIFORNIA BLONDE CC BRASS COLOR CORRECTING CREME

No Image

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried every purple shampoo out there. I have found a few i like, but I grabbed this after seeing someone post before and after pics that were quite impressive, and I'm also very impressed! I washed my hair with normal shampoo then leave this in for 5 minutes, wash out, apply conditioner, blow dry, and wow! Not only does this knock out all brass, but it doesn't dull the color to a dingy tone. It also leaves my hair suuuuuper soft! I'm definitely buying more. This is my new favorite.

on 7/1/2017 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I am on package #2 of this easy to use treatment. I am growing out platinum bleached hair to my natural white/silver grey and I use this about once every two weeks. I have about 8 months to grow out the rest of the bleached hair and this prevents me from going and getting lowlights/highlights as it makes every inch of my hair quite dazzling and drives out the yellow. As I run out of my current bottles of "blue shampoo and conditioner" I will be replacing them with the Dessang Paris California Blond line.

It totally rids hair of the nasty brassy/yellow and brightens all of the hair to a cool tone white/grey/silver.

I just bough the California Blond Illuminating System Elixer as a leave in conditioner

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

By far the best treatment for gray or blonde hair. I happen to naturally have silver/white hair (I'm only 49) and my hair will pick up a yellow brassy look from hair products, running my hands through my hair and just being in the environment. I have used purple shampoos but they always feel drying to me and never really get the yellow out. I have gone to the salon and had a "Malibu" treatment which worked OK. This stuff however knocked my socks off! I was a little afraid of how dark blue/purple it looked so I only left it on about 10 minutes. It washed out easily and then I conditioned. When I dried my hair I was amazed that all the yellow/brassy hair was gone and I looked better than when I come out of a salon. This is some amazing stuff and I am going back to CVS to buy every last box they have. I think they are about $15 a box but compared to going to the salon it's a BARGAIN!

I joined just to write a review about Dessange CC. I want to thank those that came before me for guiding me to the one and only product - I've tried bleach bath, colour, toners, purple shampoo, temp colour both professional and drugstore. Nothing has done what this product has done. It's the only blue product. Blue cancels orange. Purple doesn't cancel orange. Purple on a brunette makes the hair darker and muddier. Brunettes have brassy tones too. For any dark blondes or light brown/brunettes this works to remove orange and brassy tones. I got the last one on the shelf so that means the secret is getting out.

I love this product. I was schocked by how purple the cream was but after one use it looked like I had gone to the salon & has a colour correcting glaze to remove the brassiness! It is that good. It always seems to be sold out at the store but it was well worth the hunt!!

on 4/21/2015 5:48:00 PM

This product has been an absolutely amazing addition to maintaining my platinum hair (I received it complementary from influenster for review purposes) love love love and will definitely purchase

this is the BEST toner I've ever used!
My hair is naturally blonde but has been getting darker over time so I lighten it by getting highlights from a salon.
Unfortunately, it gets orangey/brassy quite quickly.
I've tried purple shampoos and other toners, but this one definitely beats them all!!

I got it at target for about $12, which I'd say is a great price!!
There's enough product for multiple uses. I use it every two weeks and it is lasting me a while! (of course this depends on how much hair you have. I use enough to evenly coat my medium length hair)

This at home toner didn't dye my hair or skin or shower, didn't dry out my hair at all, smells good, is easy-didn't need to mix anything, and actually works really well
I'd definitely recommend it! the box says leave it on for 5-10 minutes and definitely obey that rule!!!! if you leave it on for too long it can tint your hair!
Not sure if i'd use it on dark hair with blonde highlights.... but for whole-headed blondes this is amazing!! it actually does get out the brassy color

on 2/7/2015 10:13:00 PM

I've tried several other toning treatments since coloring my hair blonde. My naturally medium brown hair has the tendency to turn a dull warm blonde color between salon visits. This stuff is the best! Compared to a $40 deep conditioning/toning treatment--the Dessange CC creme is by far my favorite. The price is very reasonable. I would say the only downfall is the packaging makes it kind of difficult to maneuver in the shower and your shower will be covered in dark violet, but don't worry--it easily washes off.

on 2/1/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe there are hardly any reviews of this product. This is the best thing I've ever found for toning hair with warm orange/gold tones. I've used many toners from Sally's, deposit-only hair color, many different toning shampoos and I've had many professional toning services, and nothing works as well to get rid of orange as this product.

Notice that I emphasize how well this works on orange--many toners are a light purple color, which works great for making yellow hair more silvery/ashy, but purple doesn't really help tones that are more orange. You need a blue or blue-purple toner to fix orange-toned warmth, and this product is a blue toner. It goes on looking somewhat purple, but it washes out as a deep indigo blue color, not purple.

I had a hair disaster that turned the top few inches of my hair a level 7 orange and spent months trying to fix it. This product is the only thing, including professional toning services, that has worked.

Start with damp hair. Work the product all through your hair, starting with the most brassy/orange area (for me, that's the top). Be generous with it. Make sure your hair is really coated. If your ends are ashy and only your roots are too warm like mine, then place the product only on the top few inches of hair and wrap the rest up in a bun to keep it away from the toner.

For severely orange hair, I left this on for about two hours. It did turn some of my lighter blonde pieces a bit blue, but that was gone after one wash. It turns the orange into a perfect dark ashy blonde color. My hair is not as orange now as it used to be, so now I only need to leave it on for about an hour, although sometimes I'll leave it on for about 10 minutes in the shower if I just need a quick touch up.

The toner will wash out fairly quickly since it doesn't use developer and doesn't really penetrate into the hair. For me, it stays nice and ashy for about 5 washes, and after that it fades out pretty quickly. If I go a week and a half without using this, my hair is back to being brassy. But since it is so easy to use, so conditioning, so effective against orange and so affordable, I don't mind using this as often as I need to (usually once a week--but keep in mind I have an excessive amount of orange from a hair color disaster and most people probably won't need to use it as often or leave it on as long as I do).

If your hair is a lighter shade of blonde and you aren't using this to get rid of orange, I do not recommend leaving it on for very long at all. It is a very pigmented blue color, and I imagine it could discolor light blonde hair pretty easily. Try leaving it on for 5 minutes at first.

Bonuses: it doesn't require any mixing of chemicals, developer, etc., and it acts like a deep conditioner yet doesn't weigh my hair down or make my roots look greasy.

DESSANGE PARIS CALIFORNIA BLONDE CC BRASS COLOR CORRECTING CREME (TARGET CARRIES THIS EXCLUSIVE BRAND)
KNOCKED THE BRASSY SUNNY YELLOW AURA HUE OUT OF MY
BLEACHED HAIR COLOR, INSTEAD IT AIDED TO BRING OUT THE COOL BOLD PLATINUM HAIR SHADE! DESSANGE PARIS CC BRASS COLOR IS INNOVATIVE, SMELLS KIND OF LIKE PROVOKE PURPLE SHAMPOO. SMELLS LIKE FRESH COTTON LAUNDRY. IT SUPRISINGLY IS VERY NOURISHING. FORGET WELLA CHARMS T-18. DESSANGE PARIS CC BRASS COLOR JUST BRINGS ON THE ICE TO YOUR PLATINUM WITHOUT HARSH AMMONIA, AND DAMAGE.I WOULD VERY LIKELY BE THE FIRST TO POST OR MENTION THIS ON YOUTUBE, BUT IM NOT A YOUTUBE PERSONALITY. SO I'LL BE WAITING AROUND UNTIL SOME YOUTUBE GURU THAT WOULD PROBABLY POST THIS PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION SOMETIME LATER. PLATINUM FANS WILL BE IN AWE OF THE SMOOTH RESULT.