100%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I have this in the shade Prism from the duochrome line. It's a light base that reflects pink/peach, and it's gorgeous on top of a pinkish eyeshadow. I've never been much of a fan of completely matte eye looks (they look good on others, but dry and dull on me), and I love layering this pigment on top of a matte shadow to liven up the look. That's generally how I prefer to use it - on top of other shadows - as it's a very light colour in itself. It's finely milled, super pigmented and long-lasting. I prefer to apply it with a finger, and that way there's no issue with fall-out. A little goes such a long way, I don't see how anyone could go through the whole thing unless they use it every single day. + Cruelty free + Seem to be vegan (currently only the shades Wild Fire and Hologram is listed as non-vegan/containing carmine, but the shade Prism isn't available on their website anymore so I can't be 100% sure) + Gorgeous, "neutral" shade that looks good on top of a range of eyeshadows' + Pigmented and long-lasting + A little goes an incredibly long way + Doesn't contain talc (which sometimes irritates my eyes)

About reviewer (419 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

All I can say is... WOW! Makeup Geek pigments are absolutely awesome. I've ended up buying 9 out of 16, and I'm still looking at buying more. My favourites would have to be Vegas Lights and Utopia - I've worn these and had so many people comment on how stunning they look. I would definitly wear a primer, so your eyelid is a little sticky and then spray a little water/Mac Fix + onto your brush to get the intense effect from them when applying. The colours are beautiful and they show which ones are dupes for Mac pigments on their website, so you can save some money. Their only downfall is the old packaging. They do not have a sifter and so they can be incredibly messy when you open them. They have changed the packaging now to include a sifter, but even so they can be messy with product in the lids etc - I guess that's the price you pay for any pigment though. Would highly recommend these for anyone who likes intense looks, or a good sparkly eye.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Yes a little goes a looooong way. I was opening mine when my cat jumped up and scattered them across my table. As I wiped it up it kept spreading and spreading so I feel like there a few years supply in every jar. Very pigmented.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairGrey

EyesHazel

5 years ago

First off, when I received my order of pigments, I was actually surprised by how SMALL the jar was lol. I knew they were smaller than the MAC pigments (older jar version not the new packaging) but they were even smaller than I expected. Also, speaking of MAC pigments, these MUG pigments are constantly being compared to MAC. I for one do not believe it`s fair to compare the 2 brands since they are quite different. MAC pigments i find are more multipurpose. They aren`t *too* finally milled and can be easily mixed in with lotions, lip glosses etc. Whereas, MUG pigments i find are moreso for eyeshadow use since they are way more finally milled to almost a *powder* like consistency and they are EXTREMELY pigmented. MUG pigments are so pigmented that you only need the slightest smidge of product! I was extremely impressed. They are also super duper glittery and shimmery, which i LOVE. Lasted the entire day and night wo any creasing or fading. I`m not sure if i would rebuy since i already bought a boat load on this first order lol. Half the colors I got came without a sifter top and the other half came with a sifter top. Hopefully MUG will change all the jars to include the sifter top cuz without it, it`s VERY messy and hard to use. As careful as I am opening it... the jars without the sifter top had product flying everywhere!

About reviewer (913 reviews)

Age30-35