4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I purchased "Escapade," a neutral brown-pink. I like the shade and I liked the degree of pigmentation, but it wears off so quickly that it just isn't a practical lip treatment. I went through the tube pretty fast, and it's not cheap. But if cost is no object, this is a great product.

About reviewer (443 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Moisturizing, it's come with natural color. I have escapade (740) and really love this product. Easy to use, glossy but not too glossy and I think it's also long lasting. You should try this. OMG it's Dior! Who doesn't love DIOR!!!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I really love these, more so than their similar counterparts, the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. I mention the Chanel lipsticks because they have that same type of marketing, meant to be a "balm" type of lip product, with a sheer or semi-sheer formula and even the same exact lipstick bullet shape (flat, rounded head rather than the traditional, tapered "lipstick" shape). While I have several of the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks (and I do like them!), I find them to have more slip and a thinner texture, so they don't last as long on me. These Dior Baumes feel comfortable, I love the color range, and the formula doesn't irritate my sensitive lips. They're not super moisturizing, but they do give me more moisture than the average lipstick. I'm not a fan of thick, heavy, or opaque lipsticks in general since I find them to be drying, for the most part. I actually prefer sheer lipsticks like this, even if I have to reapply more often, because the texture is just overall better for my needs. I have fair, N10 skin with light hazel eyes and blond hair. Here's a rundown on the colors I own from this line: 688 Diorette: Bright, sheer pop of candy pink. It's a medium, cool toned, soft fuchsia. Not the typical color I usually wear (which tends to be more light pinks/nudes) but it really brightens my face and is a nice flash of color without being too garish on my pale skin. Shiny, cream finish, no shimmer. This particular shade seems more opaque than the others I have, but that might be because it's a brighter, more substantial color. 288 Bleuette: My favorite, a milky, pale, baby pink with no shimmer and a shiny finish. It's cool toned but doesn't have that strong blue undertone that a lot of baby pinks have. I can wear it with anything and it just looks very soft and pretty. I like the semi-sheerness so it doesn't come off as chalky on my pigmented lips. 488 Primrose: Medium rosy pink, looks more neutral than anything else, at least IMO. It's not dusky or muted like many popular rose shades... it still has a bit of a "pop" to it. Shiny finish, no shimmer. This is such a wearable color since it falls in between Diorite and Bluette. Sort of a sweet, soft pink that still packs a little punch. 128 Star: I love this color, even though it's almost a non-color. It's a translucent shade filled with multi-colored, warm toned shimmer, and lots of it. It's beautiful and I wear it as a traditional lip balm just around the house/to sleep in type of thing, and on its own on a casual, no makeup type of day. I don't think this is the lipstick to go for if you're looking for something with a lot of moisturizing power, but it's nice for some light moisturization and a comfortable, lightweight texture. I have a lot of irritation and reactions from balm-style lip products so finding ones like this that work well for me is a huge plus. Very subtle, faint fragrance and sleek packaging. Overall, completely happy with these and I'll continue to purchase them.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

5 years ago

I bought this in shade Lili after a shop assistant recommended it to me as I was looking for a sheer moisturising lipstick. Big mistake for this price. It's way too bright for my slightly olive skin and it can accentuate spots or dark circles. It fades a bit after a few minutes, turning into a nondescript bright pink. As for the formula, it's quite creamy, but it doesn't seem any better than much cheaper brands. Definitely not worth the £26 paid for it.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I have this in #558 Lili. It feels nice on the lips and provides a soft, sheer, dewey color. I am writing this review mainly because I want to point out that the Lili color is a coral, not a pink or raspberry like others have mentioned. I don't see any pink in it at all so just keep this in mind if you are thinking of this one.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I have the shade 'Lili'. Colour pay off is good and it can be built up, especially if using a lip liner. It has a smooth texture and it feels very balmy on the lips, which I quite like. I've used it over sunscreen lip balm as well and there was no change in colour/pigmentation pay off or lasting power. It doesn't last for very long (especially without lip liner) - on me it lasts for about 2-3 hours, less if I eat or drink, but I don't mind re-applying it. I think it's due to the texture, it's a balmy lipstick, not a transfer resistant lipstick. Overall, I really like it. The price is quite high, but it was a nice treat, especially because I have trouble finding shades that I like and would wear on a daily basis. It does have a faint scent to it, doesn't bother me but I know some people are put off by that.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

5 years ago

I bought this in 760 Garden Party, which is a beautiful deep rose. However, while Dior advertises this as a tinted lip balm, it's not - it's actually a lipstick, and I didn't find it as moisturizing as other Dior lipsticks I've bought in the past. It goes on creamy and gives full opaque coverage, but I have to wear a lip balm underneath, and even then it dries out my lips after a couple of hours. It does have great staying power, though, so even after eating and drinking, there is still a berry stain on my lips. I much prefer Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine for a moisturizing lipstick and when it comes to tinted balms, Clinique is still my go-to brand.

About reviewer (602 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

These lipsticks are similar to Chanel's Coco Shine range. They are very smoothing and have natural oils in them to help keep lips moisturised. I have it in shade Star and Spring. I sometimes build up the colour by applying a lipliner underneath but these feel amazing on their own too. I also didn't have to keep reapplying which I quite like.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

EyesBrown

5 years ago

Purchased in lili, beautiful shade for my warm skin. Very moisturizing!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

This is such a lovely product! It feels almost like you're wearing a lip balm, since it is very moisturizing on the lips. I have tried many sheer and shine lipsticks (Lancome, YSL, Clarins, Chanel), but this is the only product that doesn't make me have to apply a lip balm afterwards. However, in my opinion Dior Baume isn't enough hydrating to be an actual lip treatment, it's just a moisturizing lipstick. I bought the shade "Lili" 558, which looks like a fresh raspberry on the lips. There is no shimmer. You can definitely see that you're wearing something on your lips, but it's still very natural looking. The colour is perfect for spring and summer and brightens the whole face. It looks very girly. This doesn't last very long on the lips, but these kind of lip products never do. Although Dior Baume is pricey, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29