Cover FX Matte Setting Powder

4.3

on 11/17/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Holy grail!!
I bought the shade medium which is a perfect neutral yellow undertone for my olive skin (Mac c5,cover fx g+60).
Blurrs pores, keeps me matte, gives zero flashback, makes my skin feel SO silky smooth. Looks amazing in photos, prevents my foundation for seperating (which is a huge problem with every foundation I own).it blends very well with a brush and a sponge, it's texture is amazing it's finely milled and ugh I'm obsessed. So far it doesn't break me out or anything like that.
This can't do just one thing- keep my undereye area crease free. The wrinkles I get around my eyes when I smile and laugh are made crazy no product ever helped so that doesn't bother me much because this is the best setting powder I've ever used.

on 1/2/2017 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So when I first started using this product I loved it. It did a great job of mattifying my oily skin especially in the summer. It also really helped to set the mineral foundation I was using. I used it for about a year and then stopped for a few months. I didn't stop for any particular reason, maybe because it was winter and I wasn't having as much an issue with oil and needing a matte face. But anyways, when i picked up this product again I noticed I was getting breakouts. I kept stopping and then reusing after a few weeks just to see if it was a pattern or just coincidence. Surely enough the breakouts continued to happen whenever I began using it again. As a brand, cover FX was really indeed for cancer patients to assist with scars and such. I've come to the conclusion that maybe this makeup was just a bit too heavy duty and this was causing the breakouts. So overall, the product does what it's intended to do. Just be weary if you have sensitive, acne prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've only used this powder for a week, but Im really liking it so far. I use it over MUFE ultra hd and it mattes it out just enough that the foundation still retains its glow without looking too dewy. It does an amazing job bluring my pores!
My only grip is the packaging. The lid is a cheap plastic and the lid doesn't twist on the treading properly. There is also quite a bit of fallout when I tap my brush- powder everywhere!! eek. I'll have to figure out a better application process cause it seems as though im wasting a ton of product nevermind enhaling powder (properly talc YIKES!).
I'll update if something changes my opinon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this setting powder. It controls my oil very well, so much so that I don't have to touch up during the day. It keeps my makeup in place and makes my skin look smooth. I love the container it comes in, it is so convenient. The twist top makes it easy and less messy when applying the powder. It does not break me out or feel dry to my sensitive skin. I would definitely recommend if you are looking for a good setting powder.

on 6/17/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Buy reading the other reviews left by others, I can see that I'm one of the very few fans of this product. I was very excited and hopeful about trying this product line, especially since the girl at Sephora told me how the products were 100% natural. I tried is, expecting great matte coverage, that blurred out all my pores and imperfections. Was disappointed to see that the coverage was subpar at most. Then through out the day, I noticed I got increasingly shinny and more oily earlier during the day. Uber lame. Needless to say went back to my makeup forever.

on 4/6/2016 2:50:00 PM

This powder is the perfect finishing veil!!

Super soft, silky and finely milled. It doesn't add any color (purchased mine in Light - translucent) but it does help conceal and blur out my pores. It's also great to help blend out harsh eyeshadow lines. Since it's translucent, it doesn't add any additional color so it won't alter the shade of your eyeshadow.. Just makes it's more airbrushed and blended. Really pretty.

The packaging is great! it's a turn style sifter that locks into place!! I wish all loose powders had this kind of packaging. It's just common sense to me.

I have hyper-sensitive dry/combo skin and despite it being a "matte setting powder" this did NOT control any oil at all. Infact I looked quite shiny by the end of the day.

Price is quite reasonable for the amount you get! $34CDN for 10grams at Sephora but it's $32 at shoppers drug mart.

***UPDATE*** I noticed that this powder darkens my foundation a bit. Not sure if I like that. I heard the illuminating version doesn't do this so I will try that one out.

on 11/22/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

By far the best setting powder I've tried. I have sensitive, very dry porcelain skin which is prone to allergic reactions. I apply it with my IT Cosmetics heavenly luxe powder brush and it goes on smooth and translucent. It helps prolong my makeup and is never cakey.

I love this setting powder. I didn't really think of having an HG setting powder, but this would be it.

I love the packaging. It has a turn dial thingy that prevents it from coming out and you getting it everywhere in an awful, powdery poof when you open it (I travel. Things bounce around)

$32 CAD, not bad, it's not cheap but it is lasting for a very long time.

You barely need any at all. I usually just use it over my concealer. My under eye concealer doesn't crease under it either. Which is a HUGE deal for me.

I will absolutely repurchase this product.

on 10/24/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This stuff is top notch. Before trying out Cover FX's matte setting powder I was using NYX's loose mineral powder which I loved, but this surpasses it in quality. I use this over Cover FX's Total Cover Cream Foundation and it sets to a perfectly natural, matte finish. You could load this stuff on and I feel like it still wouldn't cake.

I use shade 'Light' which has no pigment to it, so it does not offer coverage, just mattification and setting. I have very oily skin, so I have to touch up this powder roughly once every 3-4 hours (I've never found anything I haven't had to touch up during the day, and frankly have given up that I ever will).

I love that the packaging has a turn-dial so the product doesn't all leak out into the cap and get everywhere when you open it (a turn-off I had with NYX). You get a ton of product in a jar for $32, it's made right here in Canada, and is free of gluten, mineral oil, fragrance, parabens and talc.

Needles to say I will definitely repurchase.