LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick - Goddess

No Image

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

A few years ago, my mom gave me two Lorac lipsticks, CEO and Goddess. Goddess was MY color. It was a color I had been looking for forever. A mauve that leaned purple and didn't look pink on my pale, neutral NW15-20 skin. Unfortunately, both lipsticks were unusable for me. They were dry, gritty messes that just dragged across my already dry lips. Lip balm didn't help because they were so gritty it actually looked (and felt) like chunks of sand were embedded in the color. I couldn't even use them as cream blush! So I wrote off Lorac lipsticks with some sadness, especially since Goddess was so beautiful.

BUT! I couldn't keep my curiosity at bay when Ulta had Lorac lip products for 40% off over the most recent 21 Days of Beauty. The newer reviews were mentioning a satin finish, and a formula that glides across lips. So I bought Goddess and it was true! It had been reformulated into this amazing demi-matte formula, no chunks, no chalky finish, no painful dryness!

If you have the old formula and aren't a fan, it's absolutely worth a re-purchase! Just for clarity's sake, Lorac does have some Alter Ego lipsticks that are listed as satin finish. Those are more of a cream, very slippery. The reformulated mattes are not like that at all. They're more like MAC mattes (not the retro mattes!) with the same soft sheen.

I LOVE the color Goddess. This is the perfect cool toned pinky/purple shade (without too much blue grey undertone that makes me look corpse-like. Lorac refers to this color as mauve which at first glance turned me off, but after swatching it in Kohl's, I'm so in love. I put it on at 7am with a light coat of the lipgloss by the same name and I'm good all day. No need to reapply which is crazy good considering I'm used to at least a twice a day touch-up. The gunmetal packaging and great vanilla scent are just added bonuses.
I'm glad that these lippies are easy to find at Kohl's, Nordstrom, Ulta and Amazon. I've purchased several for back-ups because I can't be without. Believe me when I say I have searched high and low for this color and I'm so happy and relieved to finally end my search (and save some dough).

on 12/14/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The previous reviewer describes this shade perfectly. It really is a dusty lilac-mauve-pink-lavender color. Kat Von D Coven & NYX Power are much more blue toned than this...tending to linger between cool pale purple look and death. But Goddess has much more mauve in it so that this shade is sooooo much easier to wear. It reminds me along the lines (as far as depth, not color) of Kat Von D Lovecraft or MAC Faux, but instead of that straight up mauve with a slight brownish tinge, Goddess is a mauve with a strong lilac/lavender tinge (even though the website describes it as "mauve").

On my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, this is actually a wearable dusty lilac mauve shade-which is hard to find. This is not as universal as a shade like MAC Faux, but I have been looking for this type of color FOREVER! Everything else I tried came off blue toned death or way too pink. I was just about to move out of my vampy fall looks to my soft muted winter looks. I have always wanted to replace my soft pink look (think MAC Creme Cup, Well Dressed) with a soft lavender / purple look, but could never find the lipstick to make it work. Well...I finally have...Goddess. I used my Kohl's cash and got this for $6! I am down right giddy right now after trying it a few days.

The formula is matte & creamy. (Definitely use some chapstick first.) Lorac please never discontinue this color; it truly is a very unique shade.

on 10/23/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG color! You know *that color* you feel like you have been searching for forever? This is it for me. That dusty lilac-mauve-pink-lavender color lol. Some have come close, like L'Oreal Mica, but this, this is it.

GORGEOUS!!! It's also matte which I had no idea when I purchased it, that just made it better. Lasts for about 5 hours on me. It's a little drying for matte so you will need a balm under. It does NOT reapply well over itself, it feel caked at that point. This lipstick is HIGHLY pigmented and I barely use much and it is completely opaque and stunning.