La Roche-Posay Uvidea Melt-in BB cream

La Roche-Posay Uvidea Melt-in BB cream

3.2

I was very excited when they added "No 3" in this range as it was the perfect match for my very pale skin. I am so conflicted about this product. The high SPF is the main reason I chose it. I also like the whole LRP range and use their skincare.

It comes in a tube and the consistency is a bit thicker than a liquid foundation. I apply this with my Beauty Blender, but it never quite gets that really smooth consistency on me. I have really good skin and you can still see this foundation on my skin. However, it really does blur any imperfections and makes me look airbrushed. So I like how this looks at a distance, but not so much up close. I like a natural looking foundation, so this is part of the way there. Our sun is brutal and this seems to work pretty well as a sunscreen. I have used it alone and also over sunscreen and never get sunburnt.

I am using it up because it is reasonably expensive in Australia, but I doubt I will purchase it again.

This BB cream is awful ! Firstly, it is difficult to apply. It does not "melt in". It takes a LOT of blending, and even then I sometimes have to remove the product and start again due to caking. (Why a BB cream is caking I will never know). Secondly, if I manage to get the application right, it will cake during the day.
I tried to make this work for 2 weeks, I did not want my $32 dollars wasted, but in the end it was just a dud product.

Side note- the colour is nice, its a perfect match for me, but the shade range consists of 2 colours ? What even is that ?

One of the best BB cream for acne proned skin. I am using Retin-A at night, day time i need something with higher SPF and coverage in 1. This is God sent for me, I only wash my face in the morning, use toner, clindamyclin then this bb cream plus pigeon baby pressed powder, brusher, then i am. ready. Good for mommy like me, who only have 2 minutes every morning to look polished. At night, i only use cleansing water, facial wash. No outbreak or clogged pores at all. I am using no. 2 for my yellow tone. Not forgetting this bb cream does not cause my sensitive skin tingling pain when apply. 1 tube can last 2 months. Will be getting more to keep. Best ever!

on 9/16/2015 8:24:00 AM

I received this in a swap months ago and finally got around to using it. I see from other reviews that this line is supposed to have 2 shades, but there is nothing on my tube to indicate which shade it is. I am NC15 and it is a tiny bit too dark, but once applied seems to blend perfectly with my skin.

This is a very greasy and slippery feeling BB cream, and it leaves my face very shiny once applied. I apply powder on top, but this product seems to absorb the powder leaving me shiny again within a minute or so. It seems to cover my dark circles and melasma fairly well and I do not need to wear a separate concealer.

This BB cream is not transfer resistant and instead comes off when you touch your face, blot, and on sunglasses also. In addition, this does not last in the Florida humidity. I sit outside for lunch at work every day (in the shade) and at the end of my lunch break this BB cream has mostly vanished, leaving behind shiny patches of product on my dry areas.

I will continue to use this up but this was a disappointing product which I will not purchase.

I tried this BB cream about a year ago in the heat of the summer and found it too oily/shiny on my skin. I work as a professional nanny and I am often in parks or outdoors with the children. Our sun is brutal in Australia, so sunscreen is an absolute essential during the day.

Anyway, I decided to give it another go. It was winter and I found the product behaving entirely differently on my skin. When first applied, it doesn't seem to have much coverage. I figured that the high SPF was reason enough to use it and I could always lightly powder over it. It does really seem to just melt into the skin and you cannot tell it is there. My major problem with most foundations is that they are clearly visible on the skin when you step into natural light. You really cannot see this foundation if applied correctly.

Now to the review. Despite the fact that it did not seem to have much coverage, it made my skin just look dewy and the colour tone of my skin was much better. It was my skin but much improved. I fully expected it to look shinier during the course of the day, but it maintained it's original look. It is more like skincare than a bb cream, but that is kind of the point with true bb creams, they are meant to protect, enhance and beautify.

I think this will be too sheer for most people, but I don't like the troweled on look anyway. If I have anything to cover, I will use concealer. The SPF 50+ is what drew me to it, but the finished look is what will keep me coming back!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I like the idea of a sunscreen + makeup base in one product, but this one didn't quite cut it for me. It applies alright in the morning on the centre of my face, but there is some flaking around my nose and on the sides of my cheeks. Throughout the day my face gets more and more oily, and I find with this BB cream I have to blot more than usual. I am using this in conjunction with the Effaclar duo, which is fantastic but dries my skin out, so maybe that is why the BB cream isn't working well. I will try again when I have less blemishes and see how it goes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like the look of foundation, so I thought I'd try a BB cream with sunscreen. Well, I have to say I am so impressed with this LRP product. I got #2 for my light-medium skin colour (with yellow undertones) and it is just perfect. It gives me a tiny bit of coverage but doesn't mask my face at all. I often have sensitivity to sunscreens, but this one is so comfortable to wear, and I haven't had any breakouts or redness. Big thumbs up.

on 10/23/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive skin and it is not easy to find a BB cream that I can use without problems, it usually breaks me out but this one doesn't. The finish is quite beautiful and it gives me a healthy glow and it can cover my dark circles and some discoloration around my eyelids. Sometime, I don't even bother to set with any loose powder and I use it when I am in a hurry and other praise me for the healthy glow. The colors are limited, it has either cool turn number 1 or yellow tone number 2.

on 1/10/2015 9:02:00 AM

I love the La Roche-Possay range, but this one was a dud. First of all it comes only in 2 shades, and even the sales assistant couldn`t figure out which was supposed to be the lighter one: the label was hard to read and the label color wasn`t helpful at all. According to the swatches we did, it turned out that 02 looked lighter than 01!

Anyway, as I said, I love LRP products, so I bought this one, since in Japan they don`t give out samples and LRP outlets don`t even let you apply it to your face. I returned the tube after 1 week of every day wear. The product was too dark and the coverage was fake and mask-like. It oxidized after 2 or so hours, making me look like an alien from an old sci-fi flick, and the oily slick film it left on my face was enough to make Chevron break ground for a new drilling field.

A great product. Smells nice and has a nice amount of natural coverage with a awesome SPF. I wear it under a little makeup everyday and have no problems at all! I have combination skin and It doesn't dry my skin or make it too oily.