4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I was recommended this by the salesperson, who happened to have it on at the time, when I asked her to steer me towards a good brow item for my scar. I use the dark brown in their pencil (didn't work well for me), so she said to get the medium in this, as they run dark. She said she had the exact item on. I shouldn't have listened, as her brows looked like the Charlie Chaplin and Harry Langdon style of block painting on with no subtlety. Well, that's what this gives me. I bought the Anastasia brow brush with spoolie, too (a better item than this). Just filling in a millimetre delicately, and I look quite fake and comedic, despite spoolie etc. In fact, the filled in stroke stands out, and needs to be toned down with blotting. One can't use this item delicately, that's the issue. I try to balance it out by adding a couple of extra, tiny strokes to gaps, or lengthen the brow a tad--and it still looks off (it looks like what people term 'scouse brows'). Maybe the issue is that, other than the gap, my brows are quite dark and thick and stand out so much already. I trim them and tweeze them, they have a good shape--but with this pomade, they look ghastly. The only way it looks okay, is if I bleach my brows for about 4 minutes with Jolen, then the hair has softened and lightened enough that adding this and blending out with a spoolie, doesn't look as harsh. Amazingly, the lasting power is mediocre for me, too, though all other reviews are saying it's great. It streaks upwards towards my hairline, I was so perturbed to discover this. And I don't have oily skin and use powder base daily. I even set it with translucent powder or eyeshadow to see if that would work. Perhaps the issue is that I'm doing it on a tiny patch of clean, hairless skin. I've a scar on my eyebrow since childhood, jagged growth and a patch of missing hair as a result. It needs to be carefully tweezed in a way I couldn't master until this year. I went to a very expensive threading place downtown with high ratings online. The threading lady did it well enough that I could maintain the shape at home ever afterwards. Prior, nobody could do it in a way that worked, especially not in a way that it could be continued to be maintained at home. To fill in, I have wonderful luck with any brow stencils, Ardell/ELF/Anastasia. Often I can free-hand it, now. I just needed a paint-like item to fill in the gap I have. The way that worked, is I now use Kryolan Cel Sealer (eyeliner sealant) with a dark powder or brownish black cake liner, for the gap--that works amazingly! Looks natural, stays on. This guy, I still use off and on, out of guilt for dropping the money and losing the reciept--and try to compensate for the heaviness by doing heavier or more colourful eye makeup, but I feel self-conscious. I think I'll give this to my sister, maybe it works better on barely-there brows like hers, where you're building them from scratch.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

8 months ago

Right now, I'm using a Sephora sample of this product but plan to head back there tomorrow to purchase the full sized pot. I met up face to face with my "Beauty Guru" from this site and her brows looked so fabulous - not the over-emphasized Groucho Marx brows that seem popular but rather a beautifully sculpted and defined brow that looked natural. She told me she used Dipbrow in Medium Brown and that the colours run dark. She wasn't kidding. But this is the perfect colour for me if I am careful not to over-apply! I love that Dipbrow stays where you put it and doesn't run, smudge or smear when I wipe my face. I had it on when I went to the gym last night and it stayed in place perfectly even through a hot cardio workout (I wiped my face with my towel at one point and then thought "Oh GREAT - now I've got a weird looking brown swipe all over my forehead!" - but I needn't have worried). I've never been heavily into doing my brows regularly, and never tried the Dipbrow but I see now just what a good product it is. UPDATE: and...true to my word, I did go back and get the full sized jar and decided to pick up the #12 double ended brush as well, since the old Smashbox brow brush I have is "okay" but not great and the 20% off was a factor too. I may go back and try a sample of a somewhat lighter shade - maybe Taupe as the other lighter shades look quite warm/red-toned, though that could just be Sephora's crummy photos.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

a year ago

Really great brow pomade that goes on well, last a long time and looks natural. I really love that there is a nice variety of shades too so its pretty easy to find one that works well. I love how easily it blends into the hair and skin and glides on so well. Amazing product.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Why on earth did I wait so long to try this??? Okay, I still love the simplicity of using a brow pencil but I find myself having to set my brows with a brow gel which means an extra step in my super quick routine. Dipbrow doesn’t require a brow gel (at least I don’t need one) as this sets everything in place and doesn’t budge until I take it off. I love how easy this is to apply and the fact that it’s waterproof is a bonus. The texture is creamy and the product is very pigmented so very little is required to define the brows. Given how little is used the pot will last forever so the cost is actually not that bad. I imagine it will dry out long before it gets used up. It took a few tries before I mastered the art of using this product. It’s not like using a powder or a pencil, it’s very creamy, you need a super light hand otherwise you will end up looking comical. Once you get it down though, wow - perfect brows!

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

This is hands down the best eyebrow product I ever used. It can be used for bold or natural look depending on how you like it. At the beginning, it was hard to draw natural eyebrows with this product, but it gets easier as time goes by, just make sure you use a light hand. It stays from morning through afternoon, fading in the area where I draw on my skin to resemble eyebrow hairs. It stays put on the area with eyebrow hair - and that's with me patting my face with water every now and then. I think it could stay put all day if you stay dry. I use this for my eyebrows and also as an eyeliner. I take one lippie off because it's so pricey. It does last, though. Mine lasts for over a year. I know you're supposed to throw this out after 6 months, but I had so much left and it was still working really well. Considering to repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This is an amazing product a bit pricy but worth every penny its long lasting,looks natural does not make your brows stiff and crispy and one most amazing thing about this product is that it does not dry out and becomes hard if it feels a bit dry i just put some hot water in a container and drop the Pomade in and wa la ready to use and last a long time.amazing product.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

2 years ago

My HG brow product. Perfect for my nc 25 and yellow toned skin and my dark brown hair. The application is a bit tricky. But using this with a stiff eyebrow brush and spoolie (i use the masami shouko one) will set ur expectation high on trying other brow products. Eventho its quite pricey, i can use mine up to 1 year (on daily basis use) or whenever the pomade got dried

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlack

from

2 years ago

I feel a bit disappointed with this to be honest. After seeing all the hype, I finally caved in and bought this. Being someone who's a bit of a perfectionist and a bit obsessive about my eyebrows looking just right, this was all wrong. Ended up with the heavy, comedy looking eyebrows that drives me insane. I just can't get a happy medium with it. However, I will keep persevering as it cost me so much I'm determined to get it to work!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

This is probably my favourite makeup product that I own. I have blonde, unbelievably sparse brows and this transforms my them into instagram brows. So easy to use, lasts forever I'm on the same pot I brought last July! Such a lovely shade range and lasts all day, doesn't smudge or fade but still easy to remove. Cannot fault this. Tip: if your pot begins to try out slightly like mine, add a small drop of baby oil, mix and it's good as new again or you can also do this if you find your product too stiff to apply.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This was a miss for me. I found the product hard to control and it dried up really quickly, which is a huge let down when you pay for a product.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24