Hard Candy Idolized 869

Hard Candy Idolized 869

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this lipstick about a month ago, because I needed a good medium toned purple lipstick. I couldn't find a shade like this from other brands, so I decided to just try it out. I love the formula --- not too dry, but very smooth on the lips. I haven't used a serum formula lipstick before, and found this very pleasant. I personally don't notice much of a smell from this product. It lasted nicely, but I never get 8 hours out of any lipstick, probably because I rub my lips together a lot during the day. Anyhow, this a great lip product that goes for a great price.

on 7/23/2015 11:35:00 PM

I love these hard candy serum lipsticks,they feel like a lip balm but give a nice dose of color like lipstick. They have a bit of shine to them so if u like to top lipstick with gloss it wouldn't be necessary with these.

on 10/17/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Most of these words come from the Hard Candy website. It refers to this lipstick as a high gloss gel base infused with lightweight mango butter. It contains a unique antioxidant Colorfast System that keeps color vibrant, truer, and statement worthy. Formulated with Hard Candys exclusive Plumping Serum System that delivers hyaluronic acid and plumps the skin to quickly minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while adding hydrating volume.
Now for what I have found. I like it. I am a lipstick fanatic to say the least so I was hesitate about this brand. I found a very light fragrance that fades quickly. It is almost too soft of a product so I use it carefully. I think it would break if I applied too much pressure. It goes on so smoothly and covers well. It has a lot of shine and is not so loud as the color on the cap would suggest. The shade Idolized 869 is more of a darker lilac with mauve hints. I find a tad bit of blue in it but not a lot of the mauve. It wears more like a balm than a lipstick but it is a lovely look. I like the idea of the ingredients, other than the acid. I do not think it is a hazard but I really do not find a need for that in a lipstick. It last about as long as any other lipstick even my expensive brands. The case is quite nice with it's appearance of chrome and the Hard Candy design of little hearts on it. I will try different shades when I am able.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have Idolized and Beloved. I like these a lot! They are very comfortable. They wear like a slippery balm. The lasting time isn't the greatest but I'm usually okay with that. No offensive smell. I was weary of the plumping claim because that usually equates discomfort but these do not do that. My only squabble is one (Idolized) was purchased sort of damaged - the bullet is very loose.