Paula's Choice RESIST Intensive Repair Cream

Paula's Choice RESIST Intensive Repair Cream
RESIST Intensive Repair Cream

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (non-fragrant antioxidant plant oil), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredients), Petrolatum (emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickener), Dimethicone (silicone skin-conditioning agent), Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Glyceryl Stearate (thickeners), Tridecyl Trimellitate (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-100 Stearate (thickener), Phenyl Trimethicone (silicone slip agent), Retinol, Adenosine, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (cell-communicating ingredients), Ceramide 2, Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredients), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient),Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid (fatty acid-based cell-communicating ingredients), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (plant-based antioxidants), Tribehenin (skin-conditioning agent), PEG-10 Phytosterol (solubilizing agent), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (slip agent),Sodium PCA (skin-repairing ingredient), Sodium Lactate (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (stabilizer), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emulsifier), Tridecyl Stearate (emollient), Benzoic Acid (pH adjuster), Behenyl Alcohol, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (thickeners), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My skin is sensitive, dry, pale and cool toned. I trawled Paula's Choice for anything to help very dry skin. After buying A LOT of products designed to do that, I've whittled my collection down from 10 to 5 products. This one is one of the stars of my arsenal. I noticed an improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin. My skin looks clearer and brighter. One thing I will say though, is that a lot of PC products have retinol added to them. I find if I used too many of them at once, my face gets red and reactive. I will edge back and stop using this one until I feel my skin is happier. PC products are loaded with potent things to help the skin, but too much can have the opposite effect. This one is on my permanent repurchase list. The pump action of the bottle is great, but I wish some of the bottle was clear so I could see when I was close to finishing the product. It would make reordering easier.

on 8/12/2017 11:08:00 AM

This is my HG night time moisturizer. It has just enough weight and hydration in the formulation to smooth dry skin without feeling greasy. It sinks in and keeps any flakiness from using tretinoin away. As my skin has become drier over the years, I've started using this year round. It's too much for day time use, but it's a staple for night time and it layers well with other treatments.

on 4/21/2016 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Long Lasting (for normal to dry), Moisturizes Well, Goes On Smoothly
Cons : Slightly Greasy, Not Long-Lasting (for very dry or chapped)
Best Uses : Sensitive Skin, Daily Use, Night Moisturizer

I have normal to oily combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks/neck and oily nose/forehead. I have to be careful not to over strip my skin in favor of oil control because my drier areas will suffer greatly.

I've been on the hunt for a night-time eye cream and face moisturizer to bring my drier areas into balance, so I sampled Resist Intensive Repair Cream. I cleansed and toned with hydrating products prior to use so that my skin wouldn't be too dry. I applied to my drier areas shortly before bedtime as my last skin-care step.

On the plus side, the cream is very hydrating, with many beneficial botanical oils and anti-aging ingredients. It has a nice, creamy texture and neutral, clean scent. It was soothing to the skin on my face. On nights when my dryness was less extreme, the moisture lasted through the night, leaving my skin soft and smooth in the morning.

On the down side, it burned around my sensitive eye area. The product mostly soaked in, but left an oily residue. During days when my skin was feeling especially dry and chapped, this cream did not last through the night, and I had to reapply when I woke in the middle of the night. Also, I don't know if it is because I had a sample, but there was some slight separation of ingredients--the cream dispensed with some clear, oily liquid.

Overall I would say I'm on the fence, but slightly positive, about Resist Intensive Repair Cream. It is definitely worth trying for normal to dry, sensitive skin, but I don't see it as an effective moisturizer for very dry or chapped skin.

on 3/8/2016 1:23:00 AM

A few months ago I noticed a few fine lines developing under my eyes so I ordered this after doing some research. It did its job for a few days and hasn't broken me out even until now, but the effect is gone and I think it dries out my under eye area now. I still use it every now and then with hyaluronic acid. Not worth the price imo.

on 2/14/2016 12:50:00 PM

Causes breakouts for sure ...
Moisturizes well but any good moisturizer will do!
Isnt that good for the eyes and it caused me a stye ....
I dont know just really odd product for me

on 1/13/2016 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished this up and realized that it only lasted me 3 months. That alone, takes a point off. I was hoping for a retinol cream similar to my beloved Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream and hoped this was it. I like PC products. This is a fabulous nighttime moisturizer -- too heavy for daytime -- and it kept my skin clammy all night long. However, I didn't see a difference in the effect of the retinol, like I do with Neutrogena. I never woke up with brighter skin because of it. It is just a really good moisturizer with loads of good stuff, but I won't be repurchasing because I don't think it carries the pow! in the retinol dept that I'm looking for.

on 10/30/2015 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Judging by my skin type I should hate this product. But I LOVE it. I originally bought it to use around the eyes in the winter. I read that in a PC newsletter way before she came out with an eye cream. I used an entire bottle just around my eyes at night and it worked great during the winter and cool months. In the summer it's a bit heavy to use every day. This year we had a cold snap early on and this was the only moisturizer I had on hand. So I put it all over my face at night. In the morning I woke up to lovely skin. I used it every night, all over my face, for 3 weeks. Then went out of town for a long weekend and left it behind. While I was without, I could tell a difference. So I'll be using this all over my face during the winter and cool months.

I have used this like four times and I can already see that it's repairing my spots, as well as dramatically softening my skin. I love it. I will only be using it in the night time just because I feel that is when it works best on my skin. It's pretty emollient, but it doesn't seem too greasy either. If you have skin that is notably oily I would probably stay away (although who knows, it may work for you! I've seen somebody in the reviews with oily skin use it at night). Like most of their products, it doesn't really have a scent, so that's nice! It's very very creamy and velvety. When I first put it on, it seems like it's almost too emollient, but after five minutes it is sunk in.

(BTW my skin is normal, getting slightly oily in the t-zone at the end of the day, but nothing major. I don't see my skin as oily, but just normal.)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a moisturizer with retinol for dry to very dry skin. It is fragrance-free so it can be used around the eyes also. I don't know the percentage of retinol since its not listed, but the ingredient list is V E R Y long and its listed about 1/3 of the way down. That tells me that its not a high retinol product. My skin can get irritated by .05 - .1 % retinol treatments if I'm not careful and take it slow, but this one I am able to use every night without any redness or irritation. Its a little heavier than her other moisturizers, but because it contains retinol I only use it at night. I will repurchase but I am getting a little turned off on her products because of all the price increases. And every time she adds a new product it seems to be more expensive than anything else in her line. At this point I use her products almost exclusively.

I really love this product! In fact, it's the best moisturizer I've used in quite some time.

Pros - Gentle, highly moisturizing, silky texture, and a good starter retinol product

Cons - Moderately expensive, but at a price I'm willing to pay for the results

This leaves my skin silky, smooth, and glowing in the morning.

My only wish is for exactly the same product, minus the retinol - because I cannot use retinol products every night.

That said, there is a new moisturizer from PC that is for very dry skin and doesn't contain retinol (Clinical Ultra-Rich Moisturizer), and I will be trying that once samples are available.