4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

My first retinol type product. Love that it helps with fine lines AND acne! I still get hormonal acne and this cream dries up the plugs and when washing my face they roll right out of my pores. I don't need to exfoliate after using this because it does the work of pore clearing for me! But I have to be patient and wait a day for this stuff to do it's magic on my pores. The cream also doesn't burn or irritate AND it doesn't dry my skin out like so many retinoid products tend to do! It's a win-win on a few different levels. Even better that it doesn't cost that much and I've found that 1/2 a pump is sufficient for my whole face. Love that it doesn't contain fragrance and is in a hygienic pump. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

About reviewer (648 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

10 months ago

Lovely moisturiser but it wasn't moisturizing enough for my dehydrated skin at the time. Purchased this because it has retinol but I found my skin still feeling 'thirsty' after applying it.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

It moisturizes well for the first couple weeks, but so does anything with petrolatum in it. After that, my pores just start to clog. The retinol didn't seem to make a difference. I'll just have to keep looking for a dry skin cream without petroleum products. Bummer!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

I don't have super dry skin (it can get a bit dry in the winter and after a shower at night) but I've enjoyed this moisturizer. It contains a very small amount of retinol (I think 0.1%) and it isn't greasy at all despite being very hydrating. Personally I don't use as much of the product because it is so hydrating. So it saves some money and hassle.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

My skin is sensitive, dry, pale and cool toned. I trawled Paula's Choice for anything to help very dry skin. After buying A LOT of products designed to do that, I've whittled my collection down from 10 to 5 products. This one is one of the stars of my arsenal. I noticed an improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin. My skin looks clearer and brighter. One thing I will say though, is that a lot of PC products have retinol added to them. I find if I used too many of them at once, my face gets red and reactive. I will edge back and stop using this one until I feel my skin is happier. PC products are loaded with potent things to help the skin, but too much can have the opposite effect. This one is on my permanent repurchase list. The pump action of the bottle is great, but I wish some of the bottle was clear so I could see when I was close to finishing the product. It would make reordering easier.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is my HG night time moisturizer. It has just enough weight and hydration in the formulation to smooth dry skin without feeling greasy. It sinks in and keeps any flakiness from using tretinoin away. As my skin has become drier over the years, I've started using this year round. It's too much for day time use, but it's a staple for night time and it layers well with other treatments.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Pros : Long Lasting (for normal to dry), Moisturizes Well, Goes On Smoothly Cons : Slightly Greasy, Not Long-Lasting (for very dry or chapped) Best Uses : Sensitive Skin, Daily Use, Night Moisturizer I have normal to oily combination skin with dry patches on my cheeks/neck and oily nose/forehead. I have to be careful not to over strip my skin in favor of oil control because my drier areas will suffer greatly. I've been on the hunt for a night-time eye cream and face moisturizer to bring my drier areas into balance, so I sampled Resist Intensive Repair Cream. I cleansed and toned with hydrating products prior to use so that my skin wouldn't be too dry. I applied to my drier areas shortly before bedtime as my last skin-care step. On the plus side, the cream is very hydrating, with many beneficial botanical oils and anti-aging ingredients. It has a nice, creamy texture and neutral, clean scent. It was soothing to the skin on my face. On nights when my dryness was less extreme, the moisture lasted through the night, leaving my skin soft and smooth in the morning. On the down side, it burned around my sensitive eye area. The product mostly soaked in, but left an oily residue. During days when my skin was feeling especially dry and chapped, this cream did not last through the night, and I had to reapply when I woke in the middle of the night. Also, I don't know if it is because I had a sample, but there was some slight separation of ingredients--the cream dispensed with some clear, oily liquid. Overall I would say I'm on the fence, but slightly positive, about Resist Intensive Repair Cream. It is definitely worth trying for normal to dry, sensitive skin, but I don't see it as an effective moisturizer for very dry or chapped skin.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

A few months ago I noticed a few fine lines developing under my eyes so I ordered this after doing some research. It did its job for a few days and hasn't broken me out even until now, but the effect is gone and I think it dries out my under eye area now. I still use it every now and then with hyaluronic acid. Not worth the price imo.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

Causes breakouts for sure ... Moisturizes well but any good moisturizer will do! Isnt that good for the eyes and it caused me a stye .... I dont know just really odd product for me

About reviewer (12 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

I just finished this up and realized that it only lasted me 3 months. That alone, takes a point off. I was hoping for a retinol cream similar to my beloved Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream and hoped this was it. I like PC products. This is a fabulous nighttime moisturizer -- too heavy for daytime -- and it kept my skin clammy all night long. However, I didn't see a difference in the effect of the retinol, like I do with Neutrogena. I never woke up with brighter skin because of it. It is just a really good moisturizer with loads of good stuff, but I won't be repurchasing because I don't think it carries the pow! in the retinol dept that I'm looking for.

About reviewer (378 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral