NARS Cosmetics Eye Paint

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in “porto venere” which is a semi-sheer shade of pink. I wanted to try it as a cream eyeshadow but couldn’t get it to build up enough to work for this, so I used it as an eyeshadow base. It made my eyeshadow last all day with just a minimal bit of creasing. It worked very well with the Nars wanted palette, matching the pink tones. I need to experiment with it more to decide if it would be something I would rebuy.

This is my favorite liner. The plum black shade works well with most of the shadows I wear. I no longer ever reach for my black gel liners, The shade tatar suits my coloring more than a regular black. This also never dries out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have the NARS Eye Paint in Tartar. It took me some 18 months to break into my pot as I was waiting to finish my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Twilight Night (limited edition/ discontinued) before opening this one.

I use my Eye Paints as eyeliners rather than eyeshadows: compared to the Bobbi Brown Gel Liners, the NARS Eye Paint texture is much more malleable, which makes smooth application much easier, especially when tightlining. I'd say that the pigmentation is just as good as the Bobbi Browns, and both products are long lasting (which for me means 14hr wear) although they do behave differently with time. The Eye Paints tend to slip after the 12hr mark, which means it can slide into my eyes and sting, whereas the Bobbi Brown eyeliners just tend to fade.

After 3 years, I still use the Snake Eyes (2nd pot and counting) and Tartar shades as my staples from this range. I also want to try the Ubangi at some point, although there seems to be mixed blog reviews about pigmentation issues.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Black Valley is a matte black, its a sooty intense black thats blacker than Mac Black Track! Stays put and doesn't irritate sensitive eyes. Lasts on the waterline and doesn't make contact lenses go cloudy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Another winner from NARS Eye Paint. Tatar is a beautiful plum black. The shimmer is bright plum in a black/dark gray base. I only use this as eyeliner but it wears as well as MAC Fluidline. It has a slightly dryer texter than Fluidline but it is not as dry as Bobbi Brown's gel liner. I can get 12 hour wear from this with or without primer. It can be layered and smudged and once set it stays put no migrating under my eyes.

If you are looking for an alternative to plain black but still want a dramtic liner NARS Eye Paints are great.