MAC Styled in Sepia

4.8

on 12/31/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this colour, though it's one that I would only wear with certain makeup. When I pair it with orange-toned makeup, it doesn't work that well. With neutral, peach, gold or taupe-coloured makeup, it really worked for me. This is not a lipstick that I can wear without some cheek colour and a nice, dewy base. I have olive skin that is currently around NC20-ish, and on certain days (depending on the colours in my makeup and the lustre in my skin), this colour can wash me out.

This lipstick has a taupe-grey undertone when applied on my lips, though it does suit my natural lip colour, which is a pink-mauve. This lipstick covers up all pigmentation on my lips and creates an even finish of colour. It has a true matte finish and does last a long time, even without lip liner, though any greasy food or large amounts of liquids do wear away the lipstick on me.

On days that I feel like the colour is washing me out, I put a lip liner underneath it. I typically use a colour like Milani's spice lip liner which warms up the colour and makes it more wearable for my skin tone. This lipstick looks good on every single lip liner I've tried with it, as it just adds an extra amount of matte taupe to colours that are more vibrant and bright. It's a great lipstick for dulling down any lip liners or creating a nude lip colour for people of colour. I think this shade would look good on most people with varying under tones. It's a really nice colour that looks good with most outfits and most eye looks.

If you are unsure of this or if you purchase it and the colour is not working for you, then try layering it over different lip liners. The colour changed quite a bit depending on the liner I put it over top and it was really nice to have such a versatile lip product. I recommend this and do prefer this colour as a nude compared to any other I've tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Swatched Style in Sepia in store & I loved it on my hand. When I got home and tried it on, I wasn't really feeling it. When I did my makeup & put it on, I absolutely fell in LOVE with it. I even ordered a second one since its a limited edition shade. ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with with this color.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is beautiful on the lips and moisturizing for a matte lipstick. It looks good for all looks. It quickly has turned into my favorite lipstick in the nude dept.

on 10/23/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Went to buy Velvet Teddy but saw this shade, absolutely beautiful! This is a brown like no other, gorgeous for not only a winter shade but an all the season shade!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A SA tried to get me to get this color and I didn't think it would look right on my skintone. I had swatched it on my hand and it wasn't bad but, I wasn't convinced so I left out with the color lipstick I had came by to get. Well, it stayed on my mind when I got home so I went on Instagram to see it on WOC. I was impressed. I immediately called a MAC counter closer to my home to see if they had it and ask them to hold it for me. I picked it up, wore it today and I'm in love. It looks so classy! I hope they make it a part of the permanent line.