60%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I bought this thinking it was one of the shadeshifting custom pH lip balms. It is not. It is a hot papaya coral color, and it stays that way! If that was the color I wanted, then yes I would buy it again - coverage and staying power was reasonably good. It's outside of my comfort zone though. YMMV :)

About reviewer (967 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is a beautiful, long-lasting, bright papaya. The color makes my skin look like it's tan and glowing even when it's so not. If you need a perk-me-up from a lipstick you must have Jungle Queen!

About reviewer (825 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Beautiful, bright orange/red cream with shine. It's the perfect combination of both colors, not too orange or too red. I am fair and this color really pops on me, and is as close as I'll ever get to wearing red lipstick. Very moisturizing, and actually feels good on my lips. I am new to this brand but Jungle Queen is a keeper. Cute green metal case too

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I love the color and creaminess.... I also bought hello sailor... Not so happy with that one.. Will write review on that as well....

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

I love the idea of this but not so much the execution. Jungle Queen is a punchy coral-red-orange with a subtle matching shimmer. It's marketed as 'sheer' but I'd say it's at about 80% opacity. 2 layers will absolutely give you full on color. I just kinda wish it was one or the other though? Like, if it was more sheer maybe it would be balmier and not have the drying effect it has on my lips. And if it were more opaque, I wouldn't compulsively apply more layers, hereby emphasizing any and all lip flaws. And maybe it wouldn't fade unevenly (this definitely does the 'ring' fade). The color is so lovely and fun, I love the packaging, and the whole Jungle Queen thing is right up my alley but I returned this.

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Ugh i adore this!!!!! From Canada, so when I go to states I pick up a bunch of LQ products. It's like russian roulette, sometimes it's epic and great and sometimes I throw it in the novelty bin. This one is super pretty. If i am not sure what to wear i'll pop this on and good to go. If I put some gloss on top it looks super sultry. It's this great coral/orange tone. Bronzer, little mascara and pow!!!! In a pinch I put a little on my cheeks and it looked so amazing. Love the packaging too, i am excited to touch up in public.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

5 years ago

I blindly bought this color in Ulta two weeks ago. I was looking at Saint and Sinner Coral but decided they were too red based on me. For reference I am Nc-15 but with a bit of warmth, if that makes any sense. I find that the color works better for me than red. I use this in the morning with Mac Prep and Prime and then wait 3-5 minutes before applying the lipstick. It stays until I eat something which is wonderful. One layer is pretty pinkish/coral on me while two layers is straight orange. The packaging is awesome, I love the sleek green metal case to it. Feels good in my hand. I am certainly going to check out more orange/coral colors in the future due to jungle queen.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

5 years ago

I've been a huge fan of Poppy King ever since she started, all the way from Poppy to Prescriptives and now Lipstick Queen. She is truly a color genius: I don't think I've ever found an unflattering color from her. On that last point, people who can't wear orange will disagree when it comes to Jungle Queen. This is a seriously orange shade, the color of a ripe tangerine. I love it but I will also say that the texture isn't what I expected: judging from the online description, I expected it to be more sheer, almost like the Saints but it's very close to full coverage. I'd still repurchase for the juicy, summery color and wear it over balm for sheerness.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2.0

5 years ago

This is why you should never buy a lipstick blind! I did, because the advertising was so tempting and the colour looked good on the website. The hype said this was a moisturizing, semi-sheer, buildable lipstick in a warm coral shade. Well, on me it wasn't. The colour was warm, but there was a distinct blue tinge once it was on my lips. Just what I didn't want. But I could have worn it, blending it with other lipsticks I already own, if it had had a moist, semi-sheer texture as advertised. Sad to say, this lipstick was chalky and dry in texture, and very, very opaque. Nothing semi-sheer about it! It was a thick, killer bright red! And some people may want that - red's very popular right now - and if you want a real red, with a dry, matte texture, this may suit you. As far as I'm concerned, it went straight in the bin and I'm never buying another lipstick without swatching it on my wrist at a cosmetics counter first.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

I'd been searching for a replacement for my beloved and discontinued Laura Mercier Hydratint in Crimson, and this product piqued my interested when it hit the shelves of my local Ulta earlier this year. The color is quite lovely (described as a "papaya coral") but did not deliver the sheerness, buildable texture and moisturization I was looking for. It tended to turn almost matte on me and it was drying (which I've found Lipstick Queen products to be, on the whole).

About reviewer (120 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral