Ultrasun Anti-Ageing Formula SPF50+

No Image

4.8

I am crazy about this sunscreen. I have rosacea and it does not bother it at all. In fact, I think it might be responsible for calming it down. It dries down into a sort of shiny film rather quickly. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or sting my eyes. No persistent odor. The packaging is air tight. I can't speak to the anti-pigmentation aspects yet. It is a bit pricey but cheaper if you get it in Europe.

on 4/14/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Me: very dry, very sensitive very pale, yellow based neutral skin.

Initial reason for buying, only one application needed a day for maximum protection .

Useage: the only thing I dislike about this sunscreen is that it must be applied at least 15 minutes before moisturising or makeup so that it can bond to the skin. So I factor that in, do other things and this applies easily, feels smooth and creamy. Having very dry skin, have also noted that I don't usually need any moisturiser when using this sunblock.

The shades: This gives my skin a soft glow in either shade, ivory or honey, I love these tints.

Ivory: makes my white neutral yellow based skin look like smooth cream (no small feat) & I need no makeup with it, it evens out my complexion enough (not completely but enough not to feel the need for additional makeup) shadows under the eyes, like a light foundation. I'd only wear any makeup with it if wanting to wow. It also has the nice effect of making my lips look prettier, emphasised because it seems to highlight the depth of my lip tone (mid rose) off in contrast to the ivory.

Honey: I love too, it gives me a natural looking golden tan without being orangey & that is on my white pallid skin. Another plus of the honey colour is that one can see where one hasn't applied much or too much. And if feeling like it, sometimes I use both colours to contour,

Untinted version: I like this (but nowhere near as much as the tinted ivory) even if it doesn't improve the colour of my skin, because under makeup it too gives my skin a pretty lustre far from its own. The only negative is it can make my very pale skin look paler if am not wearing foundation on top.

I also find the lip balm ultrasun make, spf 30 excellent. It looks glossy, doesn't taste that have noticed, moisturises and because of the gloss, lips look fuller. In sunny weather I know my lips are both protected & are enhanced by the gloss & can apply it without needing a mirror.

Result: Fool proof sunscreen protection & lovely looking skin. Best of all, it doesn't (under normal circumstances) need reapplying in the day to maintain full protection.

on 4/14/2017 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

From someone who has used SO MANY sunscreens, this is so far the best overall. I wear makeup a lot, so a sunscreen that can be layered is important to me. It is not the easiest to layer, I have to say. I know a few others that do this better, like Anthelios Comfort Cream and Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunscreens. But Ultrasun is really quite manageable with makeup and more than compensates for protection reliability and its 'Apply Once' feature. It is by far my favourite sunscreen!

By way of a tip, I find that the face and body versions of Ultrasun are so similar, that it may not be worth getting the higher price tag of their face range.

on 1/30/2017 6:00:00 AM

consistency is gritty, like face scrub every morning. Irritates my sensitive skin. What a waste of money

edit. My cream was already gone bad when I bought it. Now I have brand new Ultrasun and this seems to be smooth and creamy! Not sticky on skin, feels nice also under makeup.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Recently relocated to UK from France and first came across this sunscreen a year ago when my last sunscreen was running out. I was surprised that Ultrasun was not a familiar brand to the rest of Europe even though it is a Swiss brand. Strange, right? Anyways, why I was so taken with this brand was because it does have a high profile in UK mainly because one of its attractive features was that you only have to apply it once. This I do not agree with because everybody's lifestyle is different, and you know your own skin best. While I do not have to reapply during a normal day, I usually apply another thin layer after an exercise session (for instance) when I pick up the kids from school in the afternoon. As I said before, use your own judgement, do not take anything you read as gospel. You've only got 1 face, so do everything in your power to ensure it stays protected.

The texture of this particular product (I cannot write for other products in this brand) is that it is very rich. Application must only be on clean skin since bonding between sunscreen and skin ensures its efficacy. For me, this sunscreen alone is enough for the day. No antioxidant, serum or day cream necessary for me. If I need makeup for that day, I make sure that I give it a good 20 minutes at least to absorb before patting the foundation gently (never rubbing as it thins down the layer of sunscreen) onto skin. I have mature skin that is dehydrated but the texture of Ultrasun sees to that. At the end of day, I can still feel the sunscreen of my face and remove it thoroughly with a cleansing oil, then another foaming cleanser. It is during the evening ritual that I exfoliate and apply my antioxidant, serum and night cream.

There is no white cast due to the nano-particle structure of the formula. For anyone who minds that, best you use another brand. For those that do not, be mindful that this formula is brutal to the eyes, so keep it away from them peepers. IMHO, Ultrasun provides the kind of high protection that I need because my skin is very prone to pigmentation. It is rather expensive but I spend just as much if not more on a day cream. With Ultrasun, the way I see it, I can do away with that extra expenditure.

on 10/12/2014 5:57:00 PM

This is a nano-particle titanium dioxide based sunscreen. If you are anti-nano then this is not for you. This is quite thick but is easy to rub in, not greasy but tends to form a dry 'crust' if you don't have perfectly smooth or dry skin. This imparts no moisture so I use a moisturising serum underneath. This is nice for days out in the sun but isn't cosmetically elegant enough for me to use on a daily basis for intermittent sun exposure since it not smooth enough and there are other things that layers much better with makeup. This is best used by itself. I find it more effective than shiseido sunscreens since the real test is how many freckles i develop. I recommend you try this if you are curious, its an effective sunscreen with no greasiness. I rate this higher than Avene, Bioderma and Shiseido sunscreens. I have found this to be cheapest at the LookFantastic website with free shipping. Give this a go, since you can always use it on your body if you don't like it.