Bioeffect EGF Serum

No Image

2.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am usually never impressed by skincare products. Having sensitive skin, the best "effect" I've had is no allergic reaction (and possibly moisturized skin). Don't even get me started on serums, I thought they were a complete waste of time and money. Then I got a couple of samples of this and used as instucted- no oil in the cleanser on dry, clean skin. I didn't really notice a difference at first, but them my boyfriend commented after not seeing each other for several weeks that the vacation had smoothed out my frown wrinkles. This was after two days of vacation.
Back to my usual hectic scedule and they're still not there, just small lines left. I'm 47, pale skin, lots of fine lines in my face and will continue using it to see what happens after more time.
I clean my face with a Clarisonic and their cleanser, dry the skin and apply 2-4 drops when it's all dry. That's it, my dryish skin needs nothing more. Argan oilin the morning.

on 1/22/2017 3:31:00 PM

I really had high hopes for this product, having read such rave reviews on various websites. And having spent such a small fortune on it, I kept peering anxiously at my lines and wrinkles and pores during the month I used it, telling myself that maybe it was diminishing them a little, but in the harsh light of day (or of my bathroom) I finally had to admit that it wasn't doing much at all. Still, I was contemplating persevering with it, i.e., buying another bottle -- the triumph of hope over experience -- until I read the other reviews here and saw with a kind of relief that it wasn't just me. Now the big puzzle is: who wrote all those glowing reviews? The Boot's website alone has over a hundred of them; they can't all be from employees of Bioeffect.

on 6/23/2016 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A well known beauty journalist was raving about this. As she does not get paid to endorse the products she reviews she gives unbiased views on them. This product is very expensive - 125 pounds in UK. But as I respected her and my birthday was coming up, I did a bit of research and I like what I read. Reviewers were effusive in their praise of this product. I read a lot of reviews, there were just a few dissenting voices. With a gulp I paid out for this as a birthday treat to myself. I have been using this for one month and my verdict - please, save you money. I do not get it. Prior to this I was using a Nude face oil, which I loved. I am in my 50s but I have very good skin all my life, with little in the way of wrinkling, so I am not sure why I thought I needed to buy some ludicrously expensive skincare. My skin has markedly deteriorated in the time I have used this. I do not have dry skin but now my face looks parched. This became apparent in the first week of usage but I persevered because of the money it cost, and I was hoping for a dramatic turnaround after a month's use. I am going to push this bottle to the back of my cabinet, and will use the Nude again. I will push it out of sight because I feel SO stupid that I spent all that money.

on 11/13/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love love love this serum, but the pricetag id too hefty for repurchase. My sensitive dehydrated skin is thoroughly hydrated using this non-fragrant product. But it does not outperform the hyaluron serum from Paula's Choice so would suggest this as a very worthy alternative.
EDIT: I have had to knock off all but one lippy, since I had a sort of adverse reaction to this product after using it for a while. My skin got a greyish hue and also got sort of splotchy, both of which is not normally an issue. So I think I don't tolerate this product any more.

on 2/1/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does not work for me at all. The serum feels sticky, does not absorb easily, and after a couple of weeks of use, I do not see any improvement.

I am truly disappointed and will not repurchase.

on 1/6/2017 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought Bio Effect serum as I heard it was amazing. My skin in really good, but I am always striving for perfection. It cost me almost $200.00 dollars Australian. I have used the whole bottle now, applying morning and evening. No difference whatsoever. Maybe its all in the mind, when people say there skin is better, maybe psychological perhaps.? as you have paid so much therefore it must be good. Maybe it is, but my skin was not a scrap different. :(

I was lucky enough to receive a 2.5ml sample of this serum. It retails here in Ireland for a whopping �153 for 15 ml. yup.
This review is only an impression- I have not been using it enough in frequency or volume to really know what it might do.

I do not find it useful on improving skin texture or pore size/definition.
I do think there is a mild effect on reducing the appearance of fine lines under my eyes.

What is has been most useful for is preventing skin discoloration and scarring from angry pimples- the thick under the skin type that are huge and sore and never come to a head with ease. I had 2 such marvels, and remembered to apply this serum to one of them. There is significantly less discoloration compared to the spot that did not have this applied. This has also been useful on reducing discoloration from a 2nd degree burn on my forearm.
A little goes a long way- the texture is slightly oily. It is fragrance free. The pipette dropper offers excellent control.
There is still half the dropper bottle left and I will hoard it away for discoloration emergencies. For now I would not consider paying the full price of this serum.